Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I Didn't Love You chart updates

The Nanook

How is IIDLY still so high on BB Airplay but dropped off Mediabase? Is it just because it's still getting a ton of airplay but Mediabase has whatever rule that kicks you from the chart if you've dropped for however many weeks in a row and BB doesn't have that same rule?

maddkat

Staff member
^ yes mediabase and Billboard have different methods for determining thier charts and different recurrent rules. You have to drop below #10 in AIs on Billboard to go recurrent. On mediabase you have to be below #1 and have a drop in spins 3 weeks in a row.

Reactions: mbh

Smokyiiis

Often when I ask Alexa on the weekends while I'm cleaning up the house to play Carrie Underwood music, the first song she plays is this duet with Jason! Afterwards I get a great mix from My Savior and past albums

CU4ever

^ yes mediabase and Billboard have different methods for determining thier charts and different recurrent rules. You have to drop below #10 in AIs on Billboard to go recurrent. On mediabase you have to be below #1 and have a drop in spins 3 weeks in a row.
I don't know for sure, but I feel like IIDLY will end up spending the most weeks in the top ten ever for a falling song, and honestly, I think it should force Mediabase to change their recurrent rules. We know they won't, but this is a bit ridiculous of them when IIDLY is going to spend 4+ months falling on Billboard

CU4ever

IIDLY falls to #7 this week on billboard. To update the totals…that’s 22 weeks (over 5 months) in the top 10 (!) and with how slow it is falling I could see it being in the top 10 for 3 more weeks at least which could put it at top 10 for six months (half a year!) 🤯🏆

CU4ever

#8 this week on Billboard, it’s 29th week on the chart and 23 in the top 10! It entered the top ten on 9/6 and is there five months later. It’s losing about 500K a week, at this rate it is possible to spend a handful of weeks more in the top ten - 5-7 are possible, depending on how much the songs below it gain.

it’s very possible IIDLY will be spending six months in the top ten. This has to be a first for how slow a song has fallen. Goes to show just how much a hit it is (deserved 4-6 weeks at #1). I still hear it many times a day!

CU4ever

Holds at #8 this week in its 30th week on the chart and twenty-fourth in the top ten! If IIDLY holds on three more weeks... it will make it SIX MONTHS in the top 10! This is a feat that is absolutely phenomenal and unprecedented but also fully possible. The #7 song is dropping like a sack of bricks and IIDLY still would have to lose two million more and the songs below it are not gaining much. So, to sum up things- IIDLY will likely spend SIX months in the top ten. Phenomenal. :cool:

CU4ever

IIDLY moves UP a spot to #7 this week! This is its 31st week on the chart and impressively it’s TWENTY-FIFTH in the top ten! If IIDLY holds on two more weeks… it will make it to SIX MONTHS in the top 10! it can’t be said enough how absolutely amazing this song has done. 6 months in the top 10, and still in the top ten FOUR months after it went to #1. This is just phenomenal momentum for Carrie to go into her next album with. 🏆

Last edited:

CrazyAboutCarrie

IIDLY moves UP a spot to #7 this week! This is its 31st week on the chart and impressively it’s TWENTY-FIFTH in the top ten! If IIDLY holds on two more weeks...which at this rate — it 100% WILL — it will make it to SIX MONTHS in the top 10! it can’t be said enough how absolutely amazing this song has done. 6 months in the top 10, and still in the top ten FOUR months after it went to #1. This is just phenomenal momentum for Carrie to go into her next album with. 🏆
Thanks for keeping us up to date!

adam1995

I can't even understand how it is still on the chart? When was the last time something like this happened, must be decades?

She should make this song a bonus track on the next album to rack up those sales.

maddkat

Staff member
Russell Dickerson's “Love You Like I Used To” tied a record last February for most weeks in the top 10 - 21 ( tied with Lonestar's Amazed 1999).
He went recurrent the next week ,so IIDLY easily has the record for most weeks in top 10.

CU4ever

Russell Dickerson's “Love You Like I Used To” tied a record last February for most weeks in the top 10 - 21 ( tied with Lonestar's Amazed 1999).
He went recurrent the next week ,so IIDLY easily has the record for most weeks in top 10.
There needs to be more talk of this! It’s like this history making hit it really deserves attention and awards for that alone

CU4ever

^ this is its 32nd week on the chart and impressively it’s 26th in the top ten! Now IIDLY just has to hold on one more week - next week- and… it will make it to SIX MONTHS in the top 10! I think it is more than likely it makes it next week, so spending half a year in the top ten is now all but confirmed. I haven’t ever seen anything like it. Just such a huge hit