Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illness - New Computer - New iPhone (2 out of 3 isn't bad at all)

Ann055

Thanks, Suellen. It does look unnecessarily complicated.

And besides what Suellen showed, there are tiny boxes on the left and right bottom of the laptop and I'm having a hard time getting them to come up because you can't see them - you have to hit the right spot for it to pop up and then click on either START or all these itty bitty colored boxes (maybe they correlate to the big screen Suellen showed, but goodness gracious, they're not labeled and I certainly don't know what color means what yet.....LOL). Also, there's a 1/4" strip that goes diagonally on the right side and you have to get it to come up and then choose what you want - it's more system stuff or stuff like that's where we found the Control Panel which is where we needed to be in order to choose my internet address or whatever you call it...duh...and there were numerous boxes that popped up in the middle of the screen and you had to choose different things. Complicated, however, I think when I figure it out (which I will), I will LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :)

Ann055

Ann, I had the same problem when I bought my laptop and could not get into the internet; I had to call Dell and they did something on their end. I don't have a tablet either and would have a hard time using it. When I bought my iPhone I had to go back to Sprint 3/4 times before I knew what I was doing.

Happy to hear you are taking Glenn's advise and resting.

Well, my other laptop, the Uverse guy set it up so I didn't know what he was doing...he was just working. The guy on the phone at Uverse got it fixed so all is good! :) My iPhone confuses me, but I was able to tweet, but know nothing like I know on tweeting on my computer. BUT, I will LEARN and I will be a TWEETING FOOL on my iPhone when I'm away from home. Vids, pics, too. Also tweeting a pic...I will GET IT!

Glenn has great advice and I know my body too...so I'm taking his advice and listening to my body. All I have to say is I had better be ok November 21 because I'm going to see Carrie at BOKCenter in Tulsa and it will be my first time ever to see her live...much to my chagrin...I just have to be able to be there because who knows if I'll ever be able to see her live again after that concert. If I can't go, I will be devastated and heartbroken. Don't get me wrong, if I'm sick, I'm sick and I won't go if that is the case. Then, I'll have to just figure out how to deal with that and if that, heaven forbid, happens, I will figure out how to deal with it. :)

opry051008

Hi Ann. Thanks so much for the update. We've really missed you posting around here. Daraebe and countryfan2006 have really stepped up to fill in. You guys all make a wonderful tag team. lol. I'm so happy that you've found a great doctor. I can't even imagine what it's like to live with a serious illness like that and remain so positive. You are truly an inspiration. What a wonderful son you have to take care of you so well. I'm guessing that somewhere down the line there are going to be some converted Geeks who will become Carrie fans. lol.

Btw, for some reason I just know that you're going to be ok on November 21st to see Carrie. :)

Ann055

Ann, did you tell the Dr. that you had to be well for Nov 21st? :)

No, I didn't...should have, but had so much on my mind about meds w/no insurance which is the state limits not the federal...so frustrating. He told me a place to call that is a state place (so did his receptionist when I first walked in & said private pay). Doc said this program goes by income (and what I get in disability is below poverty level, so you would think I would qualify, but we'll see). Anyway, Doc said goes by income as to how much you have to pay each month. And he also said I don't know how you live on that amt per month...I said well, you do what you have to do and manage. That's all fine...can handle that. It's the insurance and meds that are the problem. My meds are extremely expensive. Dr. visits are not cheap. If I need chest xrays w/iv contrast, no way can I get that - and heaven forbid I have to go in hospital or ER, I can go and then be hounded and hounded because I can't pay. I'm prone to have pneumonia and I've already had it - in fact Doc asked me if I've had it recently. Anyway, Doc said this insurance is EXCELLENT and will pay all your meds and dr visits and hospital, if you need that, tests too. So I'm very hopeful that I can get this insurance. Keep me in your thoughts, if you don't mind.

~Ann

P.S. I wrote more, but it auto-saved and disappeared....lucky for you guys...you didn't have to read my long post being chatty cathy....LOL

Ann055

Hi Ann. Thanks so much for the update. We've really missed you posting around here. Daraebe and countryfan2006 have really stepped up to fill in. You guys all make a wonderful tag team. lol. I'm so happy that you've found a great doctor. I can't even imagine what it's like to live with a serious illness like that and remain so positive. You are truly an inspiration. What a wonderful son you have to take care of you so well. I'm guessing that somewhere down the line there are going to be some converted Geeks who will become Carrie fans. lol.

Btw, for some reason I just know that you're going to be ok on November 21st to see Carrie. :)

Thank you so much Opry!!!!! Daraebe and countryfan2006 have been AWESOME - they are AMAZING by themselves and I truly appreciate all their posts, pics, vids, tweets, etc.!!!!!! I love to help, but they are so good!!!

I'm glad a found a GREAT Doc too. When you become ill, you can either curl in a ball and die or you can fight it and try and help others and stay busy. I choose to remain positive. That's just my choice. I don't think I'm an inspiration -- I just was dealt the cards I've got and I choose to stay positive most of the time...however, that doesn't mean I'm just this happy, positive person all the time. I just try and check myself and say nope...my momma and daddy didn't teach me to be negative, so I try and come out of that funk as quickly as I can. My boy is wonderful and I am extremely lucky! I think I'm gonna convert some geeks too and believe you me, I talked about Carrie while I was there...LOL

I think you're right about November 21...someone is watching over me and we talk quite often. Thanks again, Opry I'm gonna be just fine!

~Ann

rainbow1

Ann, I can't believe this all happened 5 days ago, and I just now saw it!!!! I'm so glad, and relieved that you have found a Doc. I know, how important that is...from experience!! Have you looked on the internet, for instructions or guidelines..for the new 8? When I first got my iphone, I happened to find a place to send for a book of instructions...it really helped!! Just take it slow and easy...I take a nap in the afternoon. That helps so much, because with Lupus...you just hit a wall...and you have to recharge the battery! LOL!! Don't push yourself to find things for us. If we miss something, we'll never know it!:)

Tale care, my friend. Your main objective now, is to be healthy enough to see Carrie in November!!

Ann055

Ann, I can't believe this all happened 5 days ago, and I just now saw it!!!! I'm so glad, and relieved that you have found a Doc. I know, how important that is...from experience!! Have you looked on the internet, for instructions or guidelines..for the new 8? When I first got my iphone, I happened to find a place to send for a book of instructions...it really helped!! Just take it slow and easy...I take a nap in the afternoon. That helps so much, because with Lupus...you just hit a wall...and you have to recharge the battery! LOL!! Don't push yourself to find things for us. If we miss something, we'll never know it!:)

Tale care, my friend. Your main objective now, is to be healthy enough to see Carrie in November!!

Awww...thanks Rainbow!!! I have been really taking it slow. The day Carrie announced TBC as the next single, I had my computer off & didn't even turn it on until about 1 pm...was just resting. Had a bit of a cold, but so glad to have the meds because that helps so much with my breathing anyway and with a cold, it really does help. Feeling much much better now! Woo Hoo!!!!!!

On this computer...it's just getting used to the laptop too because it's so different than my other one. But I'm getting better with that. Windows 8 -- that's another story -- one of my friends here has been helping me and I'm just trying to go a little at a time. I'm going to go back and talk to my Geek but they're having that big sale and I don't want to go and even bother til that calms down...hehehe...the line will be a mile long. I guess I should just do the tutorial, but I think I'm stubborn and think I can learn it all real fast like I used to...haha

I'll get to Carrie's concert, one way or another...LOL

You continue to take care of yourself as well, my friend!!

opry051008

Rainbow1, I am very sorry to hear that you have lupus.

Both you and Ann (even though she denies it. :)) are truly inspirations to me because both of you are going though so much in your lives but you remain two of the most positive people on this board.

liz278

Wow it's a lovefest!! :) Sorry had to say that after the other thread :p

I appreciate all of you (Ann, Opry & Rainbow) I think you three are usually the most positive people on this forum. I always look forward to reading what you three say because I know it is positive and doesn't talk down to others.

Ann055

I appreciate all of you (Ann, Opry & Rainbow) I think you three are usually the most positive people on this forum. I always look forward to reading what you three say because I know it is positive and doesn't talk down to others.

Well, you're very sweet yourself! :) It is kind of a lovefest...LOL That's ok...we can have one every now and then :p

opry051008

I agree with Ann, you are very sweet yourself. :)

Thanks, but I'm not really in the same league as Ann and Rainbow1..... I do have my meltdown moments on this board. :)

Pi314CA

I agree with Ann, you are very sweet yourself. :)

Thanks, but I'm not really in the same league as Ann and Rainbow1..... I do have my meltdown moments on this board. :)

Perhaps... but you have the extreme difficult task of monitoring, evaluating, refereeing and if possible prevent meltdowns. Thank you, opry, for all you do. :)

Smokyiiis

Good afternoon Ann! Did you ever figure out on your new laptop how to SEARCH the internet? I cannot find it on my laptop ANYWHERE. In explorer it has no search options in the top menu. I'm having such a rough time with my new one. I'll admit I'm finally starting to navigate a bit better but it's downright hard to learn all this new gadgetry!

Ann055

Good afternoon Ann! Did you ever figure out on your new laptop how to SEARCH the internet? I cannot find it on my laptop ANYWHERE. In explorer it has no search options in the top menu. I'm having such a rough time with my new one. I'll admit I'm finally starting to navigate a bit better but it's downright hard to learn all this new gadgetry!

I maneuver around, but I don't know if I can explain it to you very well. I have a Toshiba page I can go to and search - or use Bing or Google. You might want to PM Cary -- he could probably help you -- he said he really likes Windows 8. :) Good luck!

maddkat

Staff member

Hi ,I was looking around, maybe this will help idk I still use Win 7

"The Charm Bar is a universal toolbar in Windows 8 that can be accessed from anywhere no matter what you are doing or what application you are running. It is similar to accessing background applications in Apple's iOS devices.
There are two ways to access the Charm Bar, the first is by moving the cursor to the bottom right corner of the screen which will cause the bar to appear on the right or you can use the Windows key + C shortcut on your keyboard.
There are five key elements for Windows 8 in the Charm Bar, they are as follows: Search, Share, Start, Devices and Settings.
Lets take a look at each of these elements in detail.
Search Anything from Your PC
With Windows 8, you literally can search just about anything from the search bar without having to open the browser, all you have to do is enter the query select the type of search you would like to perform and the search results will come to live on the left pane.
You will have the options to search Apps, Settings, Files, the Internet, Maps,Music and more."

found that here
The Windows 8 Charm Bar Menu