Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm Switching Major's!

Lstname89

I know none of you probably knew, but I had been attending college for the past year and I've been majoring in computer science and networking. I realized after a couple semesters and my new job out here in the St. Louis area (working with computers), that computers make me sleepy and bored.

I took a step and transferred to a different college, and I'll be majoring in Education.

I'm going to pursue my dreams of being a Teacher! I got into my current career for the money and not for doing what I love. I always wanted to teach, but the outlook for jobs and the pay always scared me away. I've realized now that it doesn't matter what you bring home, but that you do something that makes you happy.

So EXCITED!!!

Ann055

Congratulations on going after what you really want to do. It sure is much easier to go to work every day when you enjoy what you are doing. Good luck!

Ann055

You're welcome. I'm ok - I don't post much any more but I'm always around. Glad you came back!!

oldyfan

Teaching is nobel profession, nice!. Good luck with the new college. Transferring to a different major right now is a good step before you get too many courses of your major done.

MSCarriefan

Good for you. Many people tell me how rewarding it is. I was originally an English major but switched to Secondary Education. I start taking the majority of education classes in August. I am a junior.

Lstname89

Good for you. Many people tell me how rewarding it is. I was originally an English major but switched to Secondary Education. I start taking the majority of education classes in August. I am a junior.

I was originally going to shoot for elementary school, but I want to influence kids who otherwise might be dropout students, so I'm going for Secondary.

MSCarriefan

^that's awesome. Any influence you can have a student is amazing and a gift. What subject is your focus? Mine is English.