Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Been a Few Months, Is Blown Away Still Carrie's Best Work?

desubear

Oh lord. How can we even pick?:confused: This is the most basic of questions a carriefan will encounter in his/her life. I've always thought it long and hard, but I can NEVER come up with a winner. I love SH, CR, PO, and BA equally (I know it may sound cheesy). I love them equally but so differently as for reasons many of you can imagine. I do think, however, that BA, gives us carrie at the vocal summit of her career. For me, her voice is so indescribably angelic on this album (a vibe i definitely didnt get a lot on SH and CR).

Caio

Now I guess Blown Away is Carrie's album that has the best production. Mark Bright definitily worked better than ever, outdone yourself... but, IMO Play On is still the best Carrie's work.

Mezik

I don't know, I'm a bit mixed about it. A few months have went by, and I don't think I'd consider Blown Away Carrie's best work. I find after almost a year, I'm sick of hearing Do You Think About Me, Nobody Ever Told You, Thank God for Hometowns, Good in Goodbye and Who Are You. During this time, I've learned to really appreciate Play On and Carnival Ride and find them much stronger albums. I think for me the problem is that now that Blown Away is three singles in, eight months passed - I feel almost underwhelmed by it. I mean it has some of her best work, but at the same time I feel as if Blown Away could of been a lot more then it was. I remember reading that this was going to be Carrie's most country album to date and that Mark Bright was experimenting with more traditional sounds. I guess I'm just a little bit picky to, because after Play On's release I fell in love with the album and still listen to the whole album daily. I guess I was hoping too much for Blown Away to be a replica of Play On that I got my own hopes down.

Either way, I find Blown Away a good album. I'd probably have to put it behind Play On and Carnival Ride though. :(

pattondebbie13

i still think so because its amazing! so many GREAT singers have put out INCREDIBLE albums lately. carrie, taylor swift, ginnette ward, so many greatss.

countrymusicfan15

I don't know, I'm a bit mixed about it. A few months have went by, and I don't think I'd consider Blown Away Carrie's best work. I find after almost a year, I'm sick of hearing Do You Think About Me, Nobody Ever Told You, Thank God for Hometowns, Good in Goodbye and Who Are You. During this time, I've learned to really appreciate Play On and Carnival Ride and find them much stronger albums. I think for me the problem is that now that Blown Away is three singles in, eight months passed - I feel almost underwhelmed by it. I mean it has some of her best work, but at the same time I feel as if Blown Away could of been a lot more then it was. I remember reading that this was going to be Carrie's most country album to date and that Mark Bright was experimenting with more traditional sounds. I guess I'm just a little bit picky to, because after Play On's release I fell in love with the album and still listen to the whole album daily. I guess I was hoping too much for Blown Away to be a replica of Play On that I got my own hopes down.

Either way, I find Blown Away a good album. I'd probably have to put it behind Play On and Carnival Ride though. :(

Interesting that you say that because I was the same way with Play On. I would seriously listen to it every single day (sometimes over and over while doing homework). I've never done that with Blown Away. Also could be that I had a lot more time on my hands back then. I would probably rank PO #1 and BA #2 though. Both amazing in their own way!!

Zman312

I usually listen to Carrie's album for a entire year before I get bored. I love Carrie and support her blindly.
However, recent I started to rank her ALBUMS as a whole and this is my order:

SOME HEARTS
BLOWN AWAY=CARNIVAL RIDE
PLAY ON

SH truly is a great album and is more cohesive as opposive to the others. Blown Away comes a close 2nd.

twaintrain

For me
BA (by the slightest of margins over CR)
CR (more cohesive than BA but I still give BA the edge)
SH
PO

thunder92

I usually listen to Carrie's album for a entire year before I get bored. I love Carrie and support her blindly.
However, recent I started to rank her ALBUMS as a whole and this is my order:

SOME HEARTS
BLOWN AWAY=CARNIVAL RIDE
PLAY ON

SH truly is a great album and is more cohesive as opposive to the others. Blown Away comes a close 2nd.

SH is the most cohesive but for me, there are not any memorable songs outside of a few. All the songs (besides a few) are good. But thats it

I feel that BA is still her best overall. The most nitpicked song on it is NETY and its got such a great melody/music the lyrics can be overlooked

Louisa

I love all of Carrie's albums. Carnival Ride is my personal favourite, but Blown Away showed a real growth. The title track is simply flawless. One of Carrie's best songs to date.