Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's cool to be country

Naco1776

Since part of McLaughlin's job is to debunk what she calls the "haystacks and critters" stereotype about country, she's watched the shift happen from a front-row seat. "It's definitely something I've noticed over the last two years, especially with people like Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift on the covers of magazines, and Keith Urban being married to Nicole Kidman. … And I was just out in Los Angeles, and all these restaurants were serving deviled eggs — and deviled eggs are a real country-style comfort food." (McLaughlin's trip to L.A. had to do with CMT's newest venture — the channel's first scripted sitcom, "Working Class," which was set to premiere Friday.)

Suddenly, rural Americana is hip - latimes.com

utlovescarrie

Hey - I have always been country (even when I lived in big cities like Denver and Dallas) and I have always been cool! :cool: (At least in my own mind!)

Carrieflattsfan

There are lots of artists who helped make country music mainstream. I think it's awesome, but ridculous how hardcore tarditionalists feel the need to criticize so many talented artists for not being "country." Genre's evolve, and there are lots of sub-generes of all kinds of music. If you don't like it, don't listen to it.
I've come to love country music because of a variety of country artists from Rascal Flatts and Carrie Underwood to George Strait and Shanendoah. There are still a lot of people who believe in the sterotypes of country music, and it's too bad, because they are missing out on some of the most amazing music.
Carrie has definatly helped open doors for country to be cool, and all music lovers seem to recognize her talent, regardless of what generes of music they love. I respect her for bringing so many people to the genre, yet never forgetting her love for its roots. Not many artists are such great embassodors for both sides of the argument. :)

CarrieFan928

Most kids at my school, when they hear a country song/artist, they immediately think hillbilly music talking about farming. It's a common stereotype most people (amazingly) believe. But people are starting to appreciate it more with Taylor and Carrie and Lady A making it more mainstream. I live in CA so I don't know many people that listen to country music here. I remember when a boy who had a Brad Paisley song on his iPod played it during class and everyone was shouting to turn it off because it was country music and automatically awful.

I honestly hated country music before Carrie. I kinda thought it was all hick music about drinking beer and riding a horse in the countryside or whatever and yee-ha's and all, but now I actually like a good amount of Country songs, it's still not my number one genre choice, but I like it a lot more. Im in love with Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert and Reba and Carrie of course

Carrieflattsfan

I honestly hated country music before Carrie. I kinda thought it was all hick music about drinking beer and riding a horse in the countryside or whatever and yee-ha's and all, but now I actually like a good amount of Country songs, it's still not my number one genre choice, but I like it a lot more. Im in love with Lady Antebellum and Miranda Lambert and Reba and Carrie of course

Thanks for sharing! I used to be a huge pop music fan growing up, but I fell in love with country music when I was in my early teens.
There are some songs/artists that enforce stereotypes, but there are so many great songs and artists.
I don't know where I'd be without Carrie & Rascal Flatts though; both of them made me appreciate country music so much more. I don't think I'd be as big of a country fan if it weren't for discovering their music.

I cannot stand most pop music these days...well I could if they got rid of Katy, Keisha, and Justin Beiber and gave me more artists like Christina A, Justin Timberlake, and Whitney Huston.

Pop was amazing in the 90's; I wish it was still like that. :(

kewlie78189

I agree! It is very cool to be country. Lots of people think it's not. But I can totally see where the writer is coming from.

m.chill99

Ever since I heard Carrie's music I've LOVED country music. It's a big part of my life. Sometime at school I get called a "Hillbilly" and I always say "Awh thank you!!!" Country music is amazing and more grounded than that pop music. All pop music is just auto-tune, a dj in the background, and in the beginning of the songs I always hear "JASON DERULOOOO" or "IYAZ" or "IT'S JB" then I change the station. Unless it's the Kane show...then I never change the station. Even though they play crappy music. They're funny:) Anyway, pop music has gone downhill ever since...why do I keep thinking Justin Bieber? Oh yeah, CUZ' IT'S ALL THEY PLAY ON THE RADIO! I'm proud I'm the only country music fan (or as they think "Hillbilly") in my school. As for everyone else. They're all..beliebers and it sickens me. It also sickens me that all of my school loves rap music but all I think it is is fast talking. Or talking on a beat. What's really sad is that I've made a lot of people I know Gleeks and they never were until I became one. But it's sad that I can't get then to love country music. Country music will live on forever!!!