Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie leaving??

litchfield93

Just saw some pictures of Jamie's "farewell dinner", which included posts saying "sad day" and "sniff, sniff".... Sounds like Jamie may be departing? If so....boo!! She is SUPER talented and a GREAT pairing with Carrie!

hjj

I had read something about it was good to have her back for this last weekend concert so I had wonder if something was up. I agree that Jamie really was great pairing w/ Carrie. Wonder what she has planned every what wish her the best.

bearball49

I think she has an amazing voice but must admit that there were many times I felt her vocals were almost over powered at times and detracted from the songs. I know thatthe BlownAway live performances neversounded right untilCarrie changed it up and took oversome of the notes totaly.after doing so, the song just came to a whole new level. No matter who she uses, it is a tough job to take a back seat to such anamazing performer.

robinannhunt

I saw a pic of her at her "going away" party. It will be a big loss to the band. Hate to see her go but I wish her luck. Best backround singer Carrie has ever had.

So sad right now, does anyone know why she is leaving? Wish her the best but I'm going to miss her so much, I think she is the best background vocalist for Carrie :)
Where did you saw pics of the party?

DizzyDollyDee

WOW! Sad! She has been with Carrie a really really long time. Doesn't her husband tour with someone else? Maybe with Carrie's tour starting up they are just apart too much. Anyway, hope all okay and wish her the best!!

luvebug99

I'm so sad to hear this :( I loved Jamie, this is such a sad day! I wish her all the very best.

Last edited:

supercarriefan

It's sad to see Jamie go. She is a wonderful singer, and she seemed to fit in well with the band.
Her husband was working with Danny Gokey for a while. I'm not sure if he still is though. During Carrie's off time in 2011, Jamie sang background for Danny on a few occasions. Perhaps she is looking to be able to spend more time with her husband, and didn't want to devote the time to another long touring period.
Best of luck to her in whatever she chooses to do in the future!

litchfield93

Have to exit lurk mode to say hello to Litchfield. Howdy Do!

Hey Ron! :)

Yeah-no idea what she's doing. I know she was just in Japan and Korea doing some work with a band that her and her husband wrote songs for there. I know that's been a HUGE success, so maybe she's going to continue with that.

Ty

Awh, this is sad.

I bet she's leaving b/c of her success in Japan, though. A big girl band over there, Girls Generation, cut a song that she wrote w/ her husband titled "Twinkle" and I guess it was a pretty big success. So maybe she's going to focus her energy on more songwriting?

epicamends

Very sad to see her go. :( I love Jamie, and she has definitely been my favourite backup vocalist for Carrie. I didn't like the girl that they used to have before Jamie.

Best of luck to her in the future, though. Curious to find out who the replacement will be.