Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie leaving??

DaisyTweets

It takes a special talent for being a backup singer. I hope and pray for Carrie that she'll find another one as great as Jamie. And all the best to Jamie and her future.

Maybe Carrie will just go with Jimmy on backup???

maddkat

Staff member
^ Jimmy's great but sometimes, on some songs there just needs to be a woman's voice.
So I hope Carrie does get another woman and someone as good as Jamie. Someone who can stand in the background and do a great job night after night.

jptexas

I'm positive they'll find another female singer to replace her. I would imagine the audition line is going to be very long, if they haven't already picked someone.

DaisyTweets

^ Jimmy's great but sometimes, on some songs there just needs to be a woman's voice.
So I hope Carrie does get another woman and someone as good as Jamie. Someone who can stand in the background and do a great job night after night.
Oh I know, I was just kidding about just going with Jimmy. Truth be told sometimes I don't like hearing him on backup but it is what it is!!!

Wonder how they go about finding a new backup singer? Do they advertise or maybe someone knows someone???? Its going to be interesting to see what happens.

thaifood

I'm positive they'll find another female singer to replace her. I would imagine the audition line is going to be very long, if they haven't already picked someone.

I have often wondered why Carrie's buddy Lindsay Cardinale has never been worked in. Perhaps now would be a good time?

epicamends

They probably already have someone lined up or at least in mind. Rehearsals for the tour should be starting very soon - it begins in less than a month now.

maddkat

Staff member
I can't see Lindsay being content to stay in the background.
Granted I don't know her ,it's just a feeling I get so don't yell.:)

I'm sure they've already selected someone, what with tour rehearsals starting up.
Guess we might see her debut at the Opry on Sept.1.

Last edited:

Daraebe

Lindsey has been doing a lot of shows with her band plus per her tweet's she has been doing some recording for a cd. I would suspect, just as she reached out to Randy Jackson for a guitar player, that she may of asked him about background singers.

opry051008

Sad. But I guess it's inevitable with back-up singers. Few will be content to be back-up for their entire career.
I wish Jamie all the best. She will be missed.

Jae

I have often wondered why Carrie's buddy Lindsay Cardinale has never been worked in. Perhaps now would be a good time?

Well, one reason might be because Lindsay wants to do her own thing as a soloist. But even so she doesn't sing in the same keys as Carrie and Carrie already has Jimmy to fill in all the middle and low notes. Carrie needs a soprano not an alto.

Farawayhills

Does anyone have the context of the "farewell dinner"? Maybe some of you have seen definite confirmation that it referred to her leaving Carrie's band?
It struck me that a picture of four people could refer to some goodbye - but not necessarily the one we're talking about. Maybe I'm clutching at straws, since I'd be sad to see Jamelle go. (She did a great job on difficult backing phrases in the live performances of the new songs.)
Can anyone quote exact captions, though, or other news of this that they've heard?

robinannhunt

Does anyone have the context of the "farewell dinner"? Maybe some of you have seen definite confirmation that it referred to her leaving Carrie's band?
It struck me that a picture of four people could refer to some goodbye - but not necessarily the one we're talking about. Maybe I'm clutching at straws, since I'd be sad to see Jamelle go. (She did a great job on difficult backing phrases in the live performances of the new songs.)
Can anyone quote exact captions, though, or other news of this that they've heard?

The picture I posted had 3 members of the band in the picture. (Including Jamie).

dhamz

When Garrett originally posted the picture on his Instagram account it had a comment about it being the last night on the road with Jamie and that she was moving on to other things. He has since deleted the comment on the picture.

Farawayhills

Thanks - that comment does suggest the news is (sadly) true. (At a pure guess, I'd say it's possible that it's since been deleted so as not to preempt some formal announcement)

Maybe Carrie will blog about it, with a tribute message, soon

jptexas

Oh yea, I remember her. I wouldn't be surprised to her pop up in an upcoming concert. I wonder how high her voice can get, cause some of Carrie's notes are way up there. If
she's going to harmonize, she'll need a voice that can take the pounding.

litchfield93

Yeah-I wasn't sure if it definitely meant that she was going, which is why I included ????'s in my title. But it does sound like it may be true. The picture was clearly labeled as "farewell dinner", so there wouldn't really be any other context for that.

I'm just taking a guess, but my guess would be that it's related to her recent trip to Korea/Japan and the apparently huge success they've had with their songs over there. Who knows...maybe she'll move more into song writing, maybe she's got some sort of her own deal in the works, matbe she's ready to start a family....who knows. Life on the road is really tough though.

I've liked all of Carrie's bgv's, but Jamie REALLY blended well with Carrie, so it'll be sad to see her go. Assuming this is true though, I'm sure they already have someone lined up.

Edited to add: I see more comments on the picture, which includes one from the wife of one of the guitar players (Shawn) who says something to the effect that it won't be the same without Jamie. Bummer.