Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie leaving??

epicamends

Someone who was at the Unplugged taping today said that they told the audience it was Jamie's last show with them. :(

boilermaker

Sorry to see Jamie go as she was Carrie's best backup singer. Backup singers usually don't stay long as they want to do their own thing. I'm sure they have a new one lined up already as tour rehearsals are probably going to start soon.

Cps235

I'm so sad that she's leaving the band. It's going to be so weird not seeing her singing backup for Carrie now! I wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

Sofa Critic

There is probably more than one reason Jamie is leaving Carrie's band. Her recent songwriting success is probably part of the reason. I'm sure that the song "Blown Away" will be the centerpiece performance of the upcoming tour. It therefore demands strong and stable background vocals night after night. It's possible that "BA", "TBC" and even "WAW" are at, or just beyond the limits of Jamie's range, resulting in the occasional uneven performance. Pure speculation on my part. She seemed like a very nice person - always smiling and upbeat. She will be missed.

Pitocco

aww man this is so sad :( I loved Jamie, she will be missed!!

She's the only BGV of carries ive ever seen (I became a hardcore fan in 2008) so how many BGVs has she actually had in her career?? I think I remember seeing a comment on YouTube about a woman who was apparently trying to steal the spotlight from Carrie?? She then went on to audition for The Voice?? is this true??

maddkat

Staff member
aww man this is so sad :( I loved Jamie, she will be missed!!

She's the only BGV of carries ive ever seen (I became a hardcore fan in 2008) so how many BGVs has she actually had in her career?? I think I remember seeing a comment on YouTube about a woman who was apparently trying to steal the spotlight from Carrie?? She then went on to audition for The Voice?? is this true??

Carrie has had two BGV prior to Jaime - Cherie ,who appeared on The Voice, and Nikki.Both at times, imo, "tried to steal the spotlight".

luvebug99

Carrie has had two BGV prior to Jaime - Cherie ,who appeared on The Voice, and Nikki.Both at times, imo, "tried to steal the spotlight".

I totally agree with this statement. I hope this time around they can get someone who is as great as Jamie.

Smokyiiis

You would think that they already have someone, or at least someone in mind that has "practiced" for her upcoming tour.

epicamends

Yeah, I don't remember Nikki, but I remember watching videos of Cherie and I wasn't too crazy about her because it always seemed like she was trying to sing over Carrie, which is not what a background vocalist should be doing.

It's gonna be tough, because Jamie had such a great relationship with Carrie's fans, she was so good to us and so friendly, she often came up to fans who were waiting near the tour buses and talked, signed autographs, took pictures, etc. I wonder if the new BGV will be as personable with fans?

DizzyDollyDee

Thats what so hard on the females in this business when they want to start a family - really hard to do both!! Looking forward to all the little Fishers but dreading the quiet time of not so much Carrie. But maybe we'll find out yet why Jamie is stepping down.