Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood - If I Didn't Love You

FanSince04

Could somebody explain what it means that IIDLY has 1.0000 and FL has 0.3485? I think it’s percent, but that doesn’t make sense that one song is selling 100% and the other 35%. Thanks in advance!

txacar

I’m sorry but I personally can’t stand her re-releasing songs outside of her old albums. I get why she is doing that… but to re-release a song that is from an album roughly a year old pisses me off 😂
It's the only way she can own her own music. According to her contract, she was eligible to begin re-recording all of her old music as of November 20, 2020. She intends to re-record all of it. She has never been able to comply with requests to use any of her music in movies, commercials, etc. Now back to the subject at hand, which is Carrie.

adam1995

Could somebody explain what it means that IIDLY has 1.0000 and FL has 0.3485? I think it’s percent, but that doesn’t make sense that one song is selling 100% and the other 35%. Thanks in advance!
It’s just saying that if the number one song is selling a certain amount we would replace that value with 1, all songs below are selling that fraction of what number 1 is. So if Carrie and Jason are at 1.000, and FL is at .32 say, FL is selling 32% of Carrie.

Reactions: Hil

FanSince04

It’s just saying that if the number one song is selling a certain amount we would replace that value with 1, all songs below are selling that fraction of what number 1 is. So if Carrie and Jason are at 1.000, and FL is at .32 say, FL is selling 32% of Carrie.
Great explanation. My analytical brain is satisfied. I was going through adding up percents like… well we are wayyyy over 100% now 😂

AdamJ

I have never been a fan of Jason. I think his vocals are flat and boring. However, even though the song started out with his boring vocals ---it became a hit with me when Carrie started singing. Her vocals made this song believable and enjoyable.

simonplay

Jason said, “We were pretty close to finishing up this album, but this song came in and we knew we had to record it. I went ahead and put my vocals down while we asked Carrie in the meantime. Luckily she loved the song and it was kind of like a rocket from there. She did her thing like only Carrie can, and I don’t know how, but she made it sound even better than what we expected. It’s a really special song to start this album.”