Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood - If I Didn't Love You

adam1995

lol, yeah but green screen? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

went and looked at that guys facebook he's just a musician. why is he shooting a video for IIDLY with Carrie and Jason? How does he fit in?
Could be he just meant that he was in the video with them?

adam1995

thats what I asked. Where does he fit in the video?
That's my guess then. If he's a musician, I would assume that there will be musicians in the video as well. He may have meant that he (and a team of people) filmed the video. I'd be surprised if a musician was the actual director.

PRGuy79

The guy's Facebook includes a photo of him sitting between Predators team members, including Mike, and mentions video production as his profession.

maddkat

Staff member
The guy's Facebook includes a photo of him sitting between Predators team members, including Mike, and mentions video production as his profession.
From what I can tell the videoing he does is videos to go with songs during a concert. Maybe all they were filming was a something for Jason's upcoming tour. "MCM is a full service Video Production Company specializing in Creative Content for Tours and Live Events."
His personal page , if you follow the link in the picture posted, it's just him being a musician.

txacar

From what I can tell the videoing he does is videos to go with songs during a concert. Maybe all they were filming was a something for Jason's upcoming tour. "MCM is a full service Video Production Company specializing in Creative Content for Tours and Live Events."
His personal page , if you follow the link in the picture posted, it's just him being a musician.
Probably video of Carrie singing her part so Jason can perform IIDLY with her on tour.

Patkid26

So it looks like Jason is playing shows in Vegas on December 9, 10, and 11. Carrie’s residency shows that week are the 8, 10, and 11….

Already going to see Carrie on the 10th but now I think I may need to buy tickets to see Jason on the 9th while I’m there in case he has a surprise visitor lol

Farawayhills

Although I can't say this would have been my own most-longed-for collaboration, it's always good to hear Carrie - and in terms of likely impact and exposure it would seem a good strategic choice for both artists (Aldean for an album lead-off, and Carrie for a probable strong radio presence between albums).

As a song, I think the basic idea, of lovers looking back on a lost romance with a realization of how much it still means to them, is a good one (though not as strong as Brad and Carrie's "Remind Me".)
The musical style here doesn't do a lot for me, I'm afraid (I think the recent Need to Breathe duet gives a better representation of what Country Rock can produce) - but that is a personal reaction, and it is likely that this song will prove to have a more general appeal.

Of the songwriters, Kurt Allison and Tully Kennedy are members of Aldean's band. Lydia Vaughan, though, is signed to a company run by Brett James (who has been involved in several of Carrie's hits from the beginning). She was a member of an Alternative Rock band before concentrating on writing - and this could well become the breakthrough hit for her.

The song has undoubted hallmarks of Michael Knox, who discovered Jason Aldean and has produced all his albums. He often uses the power ballad style in his production, and has gained previous radio and award show success for Aldean's work, including earlier collaborationse .

I feel that Carrie's vocal hits the right mark. The song tends to be rather heavy on guitars and electronic sounds, which probably suits Aldean's vocal style. For me, Carrie's vocal adds a more sensitive and subtle contrast (which might have been less apparent if she emphasized a more powerful vocal line of her own). For me the best touch was that lilting passage she introduced just before the end.