Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Aldean

Smokyiiis

Ughh just saw that Cody Johnson is defending Jason. Carrie just can’t win with these duet partners 😭😭
Nothing racist about the video. Look at the reaction videos from blacks. They all say there isn’t anything racist about the video. The courthouse is not far from Jason’s home So he didn’t have to be away from his family. The reaction videos agree with everything about the words in the song. Those things actually happened and he’s saying don’t do it in a small town because people are tight…watch out for each other Which they really do. Out own Carrie is from a small town and they stand up for each other too.

Zach1998

Yeah I really didn't see anything racist in the lyrics or video. If there was something I'd over looked I'd love to be informed (in a nice way, not passive aggressively or meanly, as I genuinely want to know lol.) It seemed like there were lots of races included in the video including whites.

I've seen a lot of reaction videos from African American people and they didn't say anything seemed racist. One of the reaction videos has over 1.5 million views.

CU4ever

Nothing racist about the video. Look at the reaction videos from blacks. They all say there isn’t anything racist about the video. The courthouse is not far from Jason’s home So he didn’t have to be away from his family. The reaction videos agree with everything about the words in the song. Those things actually happened and he’s saying don’t do it in a small town because people are tight…watch out for each other Which they really do. Out own Carrie is from a small town and they stand up for each other too.
Hannah Montana also filmed there without controversy, so… lol

FanSince04

In response to the few who asked to be informed in a decent manner about the issue with the video/lyrics. Please watch this video.

Again, I don’t agree with everything being said. However, what I do agree with is simply that Jason, his team, or both knew the context of where he filmed. Also, the lyrics are aggressive and add fuel to a certain type of person who could act upon them, because they feel validated. The lyrics try to be discreet at hiding who Jason is singing about, but if you skim through them you’ll quickly recall it’s mostly minority groups.

That’s my take and two cents on the topic.

countrymusicfan15

In response to the few who asked to be informed in a decent manner about the issue with the video/lyrics. Please watch this video.

Again, I don’t agree with everything being said. However, what I do agree with is simply that Jason, his team, or both knew the context of where he filmed. Also, the lyrics are aggressive and add fuel to a certain type of person who could act upon them, because they feel validated. The lyrics try to be discreet at hiding who Jason is singing about, but if you skim through them you’ll quickly recall it’s mostly minority groups.

That’s my take and two cents on the topic.
💯

PRGuy79

We need more humility, empathy and awareness of our limited ability to truly understand the experiences of others and how our actions/words can cause pain - either intended or unintended. And that's why ultimately I'm not a big Jason Aldean fan. He seems arrogant and either unaware or unconcerned by his ignorance. We are all ignorant about certain things. Ignorance doesn't mean we can't learn. It simply means we haven't learned everything (and we never will). Humility, like grace, is needed when our ignorance causes us to stumble and cause collateral damage (either intended or unintended). There is simply nothing more dangerous and unattractive, in my opinion, than ignorance combined with arrogance. Unfortunately, we see it a lot in our society today - and that includes country music.

oldyfan

The shots displayed in the video happened, no amount of twisting can make up for the innocent poeple, police and communities that were affected. . I have plenty of empathy, but do not excuse the violence and burnings that occurred, the lower income communities were the ones most effected by it. Nothing about rage should ever be justified, especially the death of police officers & citizens, along with the hundreds injured and millions of dollars in property damage.