Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jerry Lee Lewis

Farawayhills

Jerry Lee, "the Last Man Standing" from the legendary Sun Records signings of the 1950s, that also included Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins and Roy Orbison, has passed away in his mid eighties. It was not unexpected - he was too ill to attend his recent induction to the Country Music Hall of Fame, and the pictures showed a very frail figure. But he will always be remembered for his electrifying Rockabilly piano performances, as well as for his later more conventional Country songs.

It's one of the latter that I thought you might like to see - a very sensitive, heartfelt cover performance that Lee Ann Womack recorded for Jerry Lee's 85th birthday'. (She is accompanied here by her daughter's boy friend, Ethan Ballinger, a guitar virtuoso who regularly performs with both Lee Ann and Aubrie in concert)

(Best wishes to all my friends here, and apologies for my rare visits to the board these days)