Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Job searching help

cmuf2011

What are some good websites to look for jobs, apply online, etc. I don't want to be scammed, and apply for a fake job or something. I don't have a problem with applying online or the old fashioned way, but preferably online since my handwriting isn't the best.

P.S mods I'm not sure what thread I should put this under so if its under the wrong section then move it to the appropriate section.

Everyone if y'all have any interview tips in case I do get an interview then I'm all ears.

JB172

Always make eye contact with the person interviewing you, if you are sitting down when that person comes in stand up and shake their hand, say yes or no sir/ma'am, dress appropriately

cmuf2011

When you say eye contact do I have to stare at them directly in that person eyes can't I just look at the person interviewing me? I'm not sure how long i can look someone in the eyes, the last time i looked someone directly in the eyes was when I was having a staring contest with my brother a while back ago.

JB172

When you say eye contact do I have to stare at them directly in that person eyes can't I just look at the person interviewing me? I'm not sure how long i can look someone in the eyes, the last time i looked someone directly in the eyes was when I was having a staring contest with my brother a while back ago.

Keep eye contact with the person interviewing you, don't look down or to the side when answering their questions.

Kizmet311

Career Builder and Monster are good websites to look for jobs. I don't know where you live, but I live close to Lexington, KY and we have a helpwantedlexington.com site. I don't know if all towns have one of those. Also, if you have a specific type of company you want to work for, check out the employment/HR links on those specific companies' websites. I am an accountant, but for a while I thought I wanted to work in the accounting department of a college (especially my alma mater), so I constantly checked the websites of my alma mater and a few other local colleges for openings in the accounting department.

cmuf2011

Thanks yall, going to check out the sites and hopefully I'll have a part time job by the time school starts. I'm not taking 15 hours and then working full time, unless the full time is over the weekend when i don't have class.