Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jordin Sparks to Star Opposite Whitney Houston in 'Sparkle'

Gator

Sounds like an amazing opportunity for Jordin. Love the Supremes and I have no doubt that Jordin will do very well in her role. Congrats to Jordin!

pklongbeach

Ah, "Dreamgirls"!!!!
I wish her luck. But everything Whitney touches lately crashes and burns. So it is unfortunate that Jordins big break on the screen could be clouded by that.
Who knows, it could be Whitneys big come back and take Jordin for the ride.
Jordin is a sweet girl with a beautiful voice. But she is no Jennifer Hudson!
So I am not sure about this obvious knockoff.
We shall see.

broker03

Ah, "Dreamgirls"!!!!
I wish her luck. But everything Whitney touches lately crashes and burns. So it is unfortunate that Jordins big break on the screen could be clouded by that.
Who knows, it could be Whitneys big come back and take Jordin for the ride.
Jordin is a sweet girl with a beautiful voice. But she is no Jennifer Hudson!
So I am not sure about this obvious knockoff.
We shall see.

With all due respect, Hudson is a knockoff and tell me 2 singles outside of a movie role Hudson has released that has done well. She is a victim minded nobody. Sparks has experienced more success than Hudson and the better talent.

Liatush

They finished shooting it!

JordinSparks Jordin Sparks
And that's a wrap!! It's been so amazing working on this film! My first one...it's only the beginning. #Sparkle ♡
3 hours ago

Naco1776

first-look-whitney-houston-as-jordin-sparks-mother-in-sparkle.jpg

First Look at Whitney Houston as Jordin Sparks' Mother in 'Sparkle'

bigbluegrl23

With all due respect, Hudson is a knockoff and tell me 2 singles outside of a movie role Hudson has released that has done well. She is a victim minded nobody. Sparks has experienced more success than Hudson and the better talent.

hmmm Jennifer Hudson... Jordon Sparks... who's more famous? is that even a question? obviously JHud
Becca

Zman312

hmmm Jennifer Hudson... Jordon Sparks... who's more famous? is that even a question? obviously JHud
Becca

JHud is famous because the media. Think about it, what is she really known for? Her weight lose, her tragic family death. Her music is not really going anywhere and aside for Dreamgilrs, she have not done anything BIG! (She gets all those high profiled performances but musically she is not doing that well.)

bigbluegrl23

JHud is famous because the media. Think about it, what is she really known for? Her weight lose, her tragic family death. Her music is not really going anywhere and aside for Dreamgilrs, she have not done anything BIG! (She gets all those high profiled performances but musically she is not doing that well.)

is JHUD on the level of most music stars? no haha. but is she bigger and has she done more than Jordin? yes. Her oscar and the other 2 movies she has been in is more than Jordin Sparks single becoming big because of Chris Brown. and yes, according to the media, Jhud is more relevant.
Becca

clh_hilary

Jennifer Hudson is more well-known and arguably more successful because she has one big movie, more awards and a higher status.

But Jordin Sparks is obviously the bigger star in Pop music considering Hudson has exactly 0 hit. And Sparks has hits like "Tattoo" and "Battlefield" (And "S.O.S. (Let The Music Play)" went #1 on Dance, Bulgaria and Top 40 on Pop radio -- More than what can be said to any Hudson single; she also sang the backup vocal on Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper", a Hot 100 Top 10 hit) even though after her debut era, her albums sales is no better than Hudson's. For radio and Pop music fans as a whole, Sparks is definitely bigger, but Hudson has a stronger / bigger fanbase because of her 'celebrity' status. Just think about this -- even the disastrous "I Am Woman" got more attention than any Hudson singles. Think currently Rihanna vs Lady GaGa.

And with Whitney Houston's sudden and sad passing, "Sparkle" could very well bring a big comeback for Sparks, and mark her big breakthrough if she gets the right materials (Both the aforementioned "Skyscraper", Rihanna's "Complicated" and Selena Gomez & the Scene's "Who Says" were offered to Sparks alongside IAW -- Even though she seems to be only choosing the crappier tracks like IAW, "The World I Know" and that forgotten new song released somewhere) and times things right. I mean, even Orianthi got a breakthrough with "According To You" following Michael Jackson's passing. Deaths have been known for boosting careers, like Princess Diana to Sir Elton John and P. Diddy, Lil Wayne, Danny Gokey, Janet Jackson and of course Hudson herself.

And by the way, Houston has always been a pretty successful movie star, with movies such as "The Bodyguard", "Waiting To Exhale" and "The Preacher's Wife". I think "Sparkle" will actually be her first movie role after TPW and "I Look To You" debuted #1 on the Billboard 200 with more than 300k copies of sales (Blocking Miley Cyrus' "The Time of Our Lives" EP -- Someone who has had 4 straight #1 albums and 2 other Top 3 albums from her debut, and had blocked the likes of Kelly Clarkson and Sugarland back then) and scanned passed Platinum. The single "Million Dollar Bill" also went #1 on Dance. Granted, the singles did not do well on most radio formats or in sales but there have been very few 40 + women who are able to score mainstream hits, with the exceptions of only Madonna, Cher, and perhaps the very current Jennifer Lopez who scored only one with the assistance of American Idol and Pitbull. Even artists like Mariah Carey failed (Her last hit, "Obsessed", was released when she was only 39). Her tour got poor reviews and receptions, but the tickets did sell well. I'd hardly say she's been crashed and burnt before her death.

Liatush

Celebrate, the duet between Whitney and jordin, will be premiering on on air with Ryan seacrest (12-3pm) on Monday!!!!!!