Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Kear singing "Blown Away"

Farawayhills

Although there are no close-ups, the audio is clear, and I thought some of you might like to see this

The song is written for a female narration, and the Oklahoma reference, Carrie's known liking for bold songs, and the "Before He Cheats" back story make it virtually certain that it was written with Carrie in mind. This is probably similar to the original version Carrie heard - but bear in mind that this is a recent performance and may also have been influenced by Carrie's subsequent vocal and musical interpretation.

(The ACM members have nominated Josh for Songwriter of the Year, and as he co-wrote "Blown Away", "Two Black Cadillacs", "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" and "One Way Ticket", all of which address a different facet of the modern Country spectrum, while being striking and distinctive,I think those songs helped in securing the nomination.)

Oneal

^In 2012 he had "Dancing Away With My Heart", Drunk On You, (Kissed You)Goodnight and Blown Away all make it to #1 or #2. He's a very impressive songwriter, none of his songs sound exactly the same and he writes great story songs IMO.

clh_hilary

Well, to be fair, it is writing songs that sound the same which makes the hits sell for a song-writer. :p Out of the 4 songs, only BA & "Drunk On You" have been big sellers.

A song-writer who's really impressive would be someone like Max Martin. He created Britney Spears & Backstreet Boys, pushed Kelly Clarkson's career to the top with "Breakaway" (already very different styles here), launched the career of Katy Perry, boosted P!nk's, continued Celine Dion's reign, produced the star that was Avril Lavigne, helped Christina Aguilera, and had Country stuff such as "Quitter" and the very poppy Taylor Swift.

He also wrote for Adam Lambert, Cyndi Lumper, and wrote "Beauty and the Beast". (He also wrote for Glee)

He has diversity, he has longevity, and his songs are so big that he made stars. "...Baby One More Time" was actually his self-written work.

Oneal

^(Kissed You) Good Night by Gloriana is about to be Platinum. He also co-wrote Lady A's NYN. The biggest selling Country Hit ever. DAWMH also has sales over 600,000. He also is the only writer to ever have 3 Best Country Song Grammy Wins. I would say his success is unmatched right now in the Country Genre as far as sales go.

jaks_weyn

WOW... he performed it really really well! and it feels like a rock song too when he sang it... i like this... imma make an mp3 out of this... it's really good!

clh_hilary

^(Kissed You) Good Night by Gloriana is about to be Platinum. He also co-wrote Lady A's NYN. The biggest selling Country Hit ever. DAWMH also has sales over 600,000. He also is the only writer to ever have 3 Best Country Song Grammy Wins. I would say his success is unmatched right now in the Country Genre as far as sales go.

Oh I didn't know he wrote NYN, and that Gloriana is actually going Platinum!