Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island

carriefann

I'm going to go see this movie today, just wanted to see anyone's opinion of it before I went. I have to admit it does not look good at all, but the family wants to go see it, so it's not like I have much choice! :p

It's got DeWayne Johnson, Vanessa Hudgens, and Josh Hutcherson in it. In my opinion, these are all mediocre actors (although DeWayne Johnson is pretty hot :p) so it probably won't be that good. But, it's 3-D, and it's action/adventure, so we'll see.

I'll let you know when I get back tonight!

carriefann

Ok, I'm back from the movie!

Well, I have to say I misjudged this one! I actually liked it.

Basically, the movie opens with Josh Hutcherson, who plays the "troubled teen" part. DeWayne Johnson is his stepdad. Although the two don't get along well, they work together to crack this mysterious code that the kid got from his grandad, who is this mysterious explorer whom he has never heard from. They crack the code, and the kid wants to go find this mysterious island that his grandad is supposedly on. Although his parents are initially reluctant to let him go on the trip, they decide it will be good for him -- with one exception...the stepdad goes with him.

In order to get to the island, they have to hire someone to take them there. No one wants to do it, because the island supposedly doesn't exist and only leads sailors to their death. Enter Vanessa Hudgens and her dad (can't think of th guy's name who plays him, but he's super funny and has played in a lot of movies.) Anyway, the four of them get into their helicopter, come to the location of the island, and meet up with a terrible storm........they get sucked into it, and Josh wakes up on the mystery island......and I'll stop there.

The acting in this movie was actually fairly decent. I was pleasantly surprised! The visual effects in this movie are amazing, and I highly suggest you watch it in 3-D; the 3-D part is what makes the movie good! It's only an hour and a half long.

Expect to see lots of getting chased by big predators too. The island is really beautiful as well. It's definitely a "bring your kids" type of movie. I do have to say though, watching DeWayne Johnson do the "pecs pop" in 3-D is pretty awesome :eek: Not gonna lie!! :p