Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Realized something cool about BA singles

carriefan14

Good Girl - warning a girl away from trouble, ending a bad relationship

"You better get to getting on your GOODBYE shoes"

Blown Away - deals with shattering the past, letting go of pain and misery

"Every tear soaked whiskey memory blown awaaaay"

Two Black Cadillacs - saying bye bye to a bad man/lover

"Bye-bye, bye-bye, bye-byeeee!"

See You Again - letting go, with the hope of seeing that person again, maybe deals with death

"Said GOODBYE, turned around, and you were gone, gone, gone...."

Notice a theme??

This totally blew my mind when I realized all the singles deal with goodbye in some way.

Which is why Good in Goodbye would have been the perfect final single, BUT anyway......

Mind blown. Away.

Didn't realize this til I was watching the CMA performance medley again. Do you think it was planned?

AdamJ

Good Girl - warning a girl away from trouble, ending a bad relationship

"You better get to getting on your GOODBYE shoes"

Blown Away - deals with shattering the past, letting go of pain and misery

"Every tear soaked whiskey memory blown awaaaay"

Two Black Cadillacs - saying bye bye to a bad man/lover

"Bye-bye, bye-bye, bye-byeeee!"

See You Again - letting go, with the hope of seeing that person again, maybe deals with death

"Said GOODBYE, turned around, and you were gone, gone, gone...."

Notice a theme??

This totally blew my mind when I realized all the singles deal with goodbye in some way.

Which is why Good in Goodbye would have been the perfect final single, BUT anyway......

Mind blown. Away.

Didn't realize this til I was watching the CMA performance medley again. Do you think it was planned?

I always said, despite the critics, that BA had a good theme. Carrie gets very little credit for anything she does. BA was a very good album and much better than the ones the critics raved about. Go figure.... I can hardly wait to see what the next album will be like. It is going to be epic.

maddkat

Staff member
Yes, I remember us talking about a goodbye theme for the cd when we all first heard it

lizcarlo

I never noticed. Cool thanks for pointing it out.

I always said, despite the critics, that BA had a good theme. Carrie gets very little credit for anything she does. BA was a very good album and much better than the ones the critics raved about. Go figure.... I can hardly wait to see what the next album will be like. It is going to be epic.

Not all the legends had critics love before they were legends. I've heard some the music critics praise and its terrible. Critics mean nothing. I can decide for myself if I like something or not. Carrie in the real world(where it counts more so than critics) is loved and respected. Carrie is one of the more interesting artists because she deals with diverse subjects. You can tell this in her singles alone. Just A Dream, Jesus Takes the Wheel, Two Black Cadallics, Last Name, Blown Away, See You Again, Temporary Home and Before He Cheats. That's off the top of my head and does not include non singles. It would be a lot longer if I did. Yeah Blown Away is incredible. Excited for next cd.

teesharky

agree completely. BA was the best album she ever did as a songwriter and vocalist. I realize that SH is the most commercially successful and always will be, but there were far too many pop filler songs on that album due to Dan Huff co-producing. I love Some Hearts, but BA was the stronger album artistically.

The critics actually gave BA good reviews overall. On Metacritic -- she got over 70, which is considered very good. Unfortunately Miranda always gets like 80s or above as she is a critics' darling, so I do see your point.

Carrie should get even better critical reviews and more Grammy love for her albums as a whole. Grammys love her voice and love her individual singles--- but not her albums as a whole. Sad.

BA was the album that should have cracked country album and even Album of the year at Grammys.

HuiZ

Artistically and growth wise, BA is the best album Carrie has had, no doubt.

But I think SH is a better album though, thematically. There might be more pop "fillers" in the album, but that album as a whole tells a good story of young adult, leaving school days behind, growing up and facing life challenges. I think what made it "easy" for Carrie to choose her songs back then was because it is basically her life story after coming out fresh from Idol and college. Combined that with her sweet, authentic small-town girl image, it was a perfect storm.

Also, as with all established artists, that freshness wears off with critics and public as they release more albums, so they will need to do more to surprise and impress people. It's not easy to live up to, or surpass, the level of popularity of the breakout album.

simonplay

SH is her best album IMO. Every song on that album is single material and is the only album I listen to every song still today.

HuiZ

Omg. Some Hearts is her worst album to me XD
LOL. You're wrong! =P

PO is the worst for me, only because there's not many songs on that album that I go back to listen to anymore tbh.
But......... it's actually not that far behind CR.
While CR had some of my favourite Carrie singles/tracks ever... the whole album was more of a "I am Carrie, the new superstar who's here to stay" announcement. I think that's the album with the least personal touch imo. Too many loud, overproduced tracks didn't help either...

That's where BA comes in. It's a great combination of artistic growth, quality hit songs AND also allowing us to have more glimpse into who Carrie is.
She is DEFINITELY heading in the right direction, can't wait to hear the amazing Album #5!!!

Claire2004

LOL. You're wrong! =P

PO is the worst for me, only because there's not many songs on that album that I go back to listen to anymore tbh.
But......... it's actually not that far behind CR.
While CR had some of my favourite Carrie singles/tracks ever... the whole album was more of a "I am Carrie, the new superstar who's here to stay" announcement. I think that's the album with the least personal touch imo. Too many loud, overproduced tracks didn't help either...

That's where BA comes in. It's a great combination of artistic growth, quality hit songs AND also allowing us to have more glimpse into who Carrie is.
She is DEFINITELY heading in the right direction, can't wait to hear the amazing Album #5!!!

Agree with this. PO is definitely the album of Carrie that I like the least. Tbh the only songs from that album that i still listen to are SWISLY and TH.

BA is my favorite so far. I still listen to most of the songs here except NETY and OWT.

HuiZ

Agree with this. PO is definitely the album of Carrie that I like the least. Tbh the only songs from that album that i still listen to are SWISLY and TH.

BA is my favorite so far. I still listen to most of the songs here except NETY and OWT.
I still abuse the repeat button for Look At Me. =P And I still listen to SWISLY & WCIS.

As for BA album, it ends at Wine After Whiskey for me. The song after that doesn't exist lol.

lizcarlo

I like all of Carrie album. I rank Carrie albums Blown Away, Carnival Ride, Some Hearts and Play On.