Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kacey Musgraves Golden Hour

carriefan14

I will forever wish that Carrie had got her hands on “High Horse” first - i love the 70s disco meets country meets pop, combined with the clever turns of phrase and imagery. Kacey is a true queen!

Oh well. At least she is getting lots of Grammy love for this very developed album and piece of art.

clh_hilary

It won Album of the Year at the Grammys!

I totally expected it to win Best Country Album, and I did think perhaps it could snatch the big prize seeing how she swept the country field, but didn't really think it would happen!

Wow!

Personally, the album didn't do much for me, but I'm so happy for her success, especially considering how she's a female artist in country music who has little radio support!

rcramer

It won Album of the Year at the Grammys!

I totally expected it to win Best Country Album, and I did think perhaps it could snatch the big prize seeing how she swept the country field, but didn't really think it would happen!

Wow!

Personally, the album didn't do much for me, but I'm so happy for her success, especially considering how she's a female artist in country music who has little radio support!

I agree with you on the album not doing much for me either.....But it was nice to see her win the Album of the Year, since that award does not go to Country artists that often....

ChoctawCountyAffair

KACEY MUSGRAVES RECEIVES 2019 CMA INTERNATIONAL ARTIST ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
The Country Music Association awarded Kacey Musgraves with the 2019 CMA International Artist Achievement Award last night, Feb. 27, surprising her backstage prior to her performance at Nashville’s historic Ryman Auditorium. The award recognizes outstanding achievement by a United States-based artist who has demonstrated the most significant creative growth, development and promotion of the Country Music industry outside of the United States during the eligibility period.

This marks the second time Musgraves has received the CMA International Artist Achievement Award, previously winning in 2016.

https://www.cmaworld.com/kacey-musgraves-receives-cma-international-award/

Farawayhills

She is only the fourth person to win this award twice (after The Dixie Chicks, Taylor Swift, and Brad Paisley). It's certainly well deserved, but not really a surprise, as she has built up a strong lead in international exposure.

(I would say that Carrie has a good chance of also getting a second win next year. For what its worth, one of her UK agents, Nigel Hassler of Creative Artists, and Baylen Leonard, who was involved in signing her for the events she had to cancel due to illness, were both nominated this year in the advocacy and broadcasting categories)

At the Ryman, where Kacey's backstage award was announced, she performed a duet with Hayley Williams of Paramor - on a Cyndi Lauper classic. You could say - a triple win for me!

They played it mainly for the fun in the title (which is certainly a major aspect of the song) - but I do think they didn't really bring out the satire and protest that lay behind the fun (For comparison, this was Cyndi's original video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

lizcarlo

I am loving this era. Are any of you going to watch her special. If it was on tv I would but I don't have amazon prime

21278956-0-image-a-40_1574310939736.jpg

gp8agbwzgc041.jpg