Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kellie Pickler Joining Dancing With The Stars

carriecountrystar

ETA: Kellie Pickler DTWS thread

Look who is joining the upcoming cast of Dancing with the Stars! American Idol season 5 alum, Kellie Pickler. More spoilers below: Via TMZ:

The two biggest reality shows on the planet are about to come together — TMZ has learned the identity of four of the contestants for this season of “Dancing With the Stars” … including the first ever former “American Idol” wannabe.

“DWTS” has not revealed their cast for the upcoming season yet … but sources close to the show tell TMZ that Kellie Picker — everyone’s favorite country bumpkin from season five of “Idol” — will be doing this season of “DWTS.”

In addition to Pickler, our sources say country star Wynonna Judd, “Bachelor” star Sean Lowe and 2012 Olympic gold medal winning gymnast Aly Raisman are among this year’s cast.

Not that TMZ condones gambling, but put $20 down on Raisman — three former Olympians have won the show in the past. You’re welcome.

A rep for the show tells TMZ, “We do not comment on casting rumors, but tune in to ‘GMA’ on Tuesday when we reveal the cast live!”

Link: Kellie Pickler Joining Dancing With The Stars (Report) (Spoilers)

I do hope this report isn't true. Nearly all the "celebs" on DWTS are at best, D-list level or has-beens and reality trainwrecks, with the exception of the Olympians/Athletes and few others.
I want Kellie to be the one asked to perform at DWTS as an artist rather than being pegged among those other "celebs".

Though, you bet I'll be voting for her if she does end up there as I love her personality. :)

Last edited:

Pitocco

I do hope this report isn't true. Nearly all the "celebs" on DWTS are at best, D-list level or has-beens and reality trainwrecks, with the exception of the Olympians and few others.
I want Kellie to be the one asked to perform at DWTS as an artist rather than being pegged among those other "celebs".
Although this is true, maybe it'll get her in the public eye. Carrie Taylor and Miranda kindda overshadow Kellie Pickler, and she gets NONE of the recognition she rightfully deserves (i.e. 100 Proof). Plus, with the album she's working on, maybe DWTS can act as a platform for her to receive weekly promotion and exposure

teesharky

I think this is a good thing for Pickler. She is kind of C-list right now. Maybe this will push her to B-list. She needs a career boost right now.

carriecountrystar

I think this is a good thing for Pickler. She is kind of C-list right now. Maybe this will push her to B-list. She needs a career boost right now.

I agree that she needs a career boost but the question is whether DWTS would be that kind of boost. I'm just not sure DWTS would be beneficial for her image- as a serious artist.
I wish she would have picked some other legitimate television gig.

She'll be plenty fun to watch though.

maddkat

Staff member
I agree with Tee, it'll get her name back out there.And after she can release new music.
And yeah she'll be entertaining.

gaycarebear

I agree that she needs a career boost but the question is whether DWTS would be that kind of boost. I'm just not sure DWTS would be beneficial for her image- as a serious artist.
I wish she would have picked some other legitimate television gig.

She'll be plenty fun to watch though.

The general viewing audience of DWTS isn't country fans, so I think it's a great move for her.

pandy

I'll be watching and voting for Kellie. Loved her last CD. Too bad the songs weren't played on the radio.

oldyfan

I do hope this report isn't true. Nearly all the "celebs" on DWTS are at best, D-list level or has-beens and reality trainwrecks, with the exception of the Olympians/Athletes and few others.

Though, you bet I'll be voting for her if she does end up there as I love her personality. :)

i'm not sure it's a bad idea. Donny & Marie have done well since being on. Their Las Vegas show is outstanding, there are others as well. I think it could remind people why she is so loveable, and turn them back on to her music.

epicamends

I actually think this would be a great PR move for Kellie, get her in the spotlight a bit, and secure her some promo for whenever she releases the album she's working on now. I might actually have to watch this show if Kellie's on it.

pklongbeach

I think its a great move also.

You cannot deny that it is a hugely successful show. So immediate attention in given to the contestants.

Now to really parlay that into something substancial you have to be able to stay on the show awhile. At least top 5.
IF she goes early (which she might if the country vote goes to wynonna) it will be not so good to once again lose on a reality show. But if she can ink out top 5. That is alot of publicity and it could get her some play at radio which will help sell cd's.

Fingers crossed for her.

Smokyiiis

That's actually one of the shows I watch (stop laughing at me!) so I'm looking forward to seeing Kellie! Love her album!

Carrieflattsfan

Wow, this would be a great move for her. Hopefully it would give her the boost she needs.

Sometimes this kinda thing doesn't always translate into popularity outside of TV shows, though, so who knows? Her album is very traditional, and her voice is twangy; most people I know who don't care for country music don't like it because of the 'twangy' vocals of many country singers. So I can't imagine this will give her a big commercial boost, but it would help her visibility.

Blake's not moving more albums than he was before "The Voice," but his visibility is huge; this could be a good thing for Kellie. I'm crossing my fingers for her. :)

epicamends

Wow, this would be a great move for her. Hopefully it would give her the boost she needs.

Sometimes this kinda thing doesn't always translate into popularity outside of TV shows, though, so who knows? Her album is very traditional, and her voice is twangy; most people I know who don't care for country music don't like it because of the 'twangy' vocals of many country singers. So I can't imagine this will give her a big commercial boost, but it would help her visibility.

Blake's not moving more albums than he was before "The Voice," but his visibility is huge; this could be a good thing for Kellie. I'm crossing my fingers for her. :)

Yeah, I mean Blake's visibility from The Voice is a major reason (probably the biggest reason) why he's won/been nominated for EOTY so much already, and why he always seems to be a frontrunner for MVOTY despite sub-par songs and lackluster sales in comparison to his competition. Maybe a stint on DWTS will give Kellie enough visibility to make country voters finally wake up and acknowledge her talent, and give her a long overdue FVOTY nomination.

carriecountrystar

The final list:

And now, without further delay, here is the official cast (with their professional partners) of season sixteen of Dancing with the Stars as revealed this morning on Good Morning America:

Football player Jacoby Jones with partner Karina Smirnoff
Actor and Comedian Andy Dick with partner Sharna Burgess
Reality star Lisa Vanderpump with partner Gleb Savchenko
Actor and Comedian D.L. Hughley with partner Cheryl Burke
Singer Wynonna Judd with partner Tony Dovolani
Singer and Reality star (American Idol) Kellie Pickler with partner Derek Hough
Olympian Aly Raisman with partner Mark Ballas
Olympian Dorothy Hamill with partner Tristan MacManus
Boxer Victor Ortiz with partner Lindsay Arnold (So You Think You Can Dance)
Actor and Singer Zendaya Coleman with partner Val Chmerkovskiy
Actor (General Hospital) Ingo Rademacher with partner Kym Johnson

I wanted Kellie to be paired with Tristan- the charming irish man- but Derek Hough is great too. He's my favorite pro. The only downside is since Derek has already won more than any other pro on the show, that may work against them if they get to the finals (e.g. Shawn Johnson losing out to Melissa who?).

At first, I was a bit wary of Kellie getting on this show, but now I'm pretty excited for her; it'll be a lot of fun seeing her every week.
Predictions? Based on the list, I'm betting Kellie, Aly, and possibly -the other olympian- Dorothy will get to the final 4.

epicamends

I'm hoping Kellie can at least make it to the top 3, and since she got paired with Derek Hough I have a good feeling that might happen. :)