Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson And Chris Daughtry Record A Duet

Naco1776

Songwriter Richard Marx revealed during an interview with 95.5 WPLJ radio in New York that he has written a song that was recently recorded as a duet by Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry! News regarding the song, called "One More Yesterday," comes after Clarkson teased that she was recording a song with someone fans had been wanting her to sing with for quite a while.

Kelly Clarkson And Chris Daughtry Record A Duet

maria4hitz

Kelly already said on twitter a while back that one of the 2 duets she recorded would not make the album, I guess this is the one.

Personal Message from Richard
de Richard Marx, el Martes, 03 de mayo de 2011 a las 21:58
Gang....there is nothing to indicate that the aforementioned song I wrote with Chris Daughtry and Jason Wade will, in fact, be on anyone's CD, let alone Kelly's. In fact, it's my feeling it will NOT be released and I indicated that fact in the interview I gave. I never spoke to WPLJ radio about anything...they simply picked up an interview I did elsewhere. And to be clear, the interviewer was aware of the song and collaboration, and I simply said, "Yes, I co-wrote the song..and I think they sang it REALLY well...but I don't think it's being used."
So to say I "spilled the beans" or "revealed" this info is incorrect.

Personal Message from Richard | Facebook

Jade_kt

Well this is the surprise duet she was talking about before where some thought it might have been w/ Carrie. Glad its w/ Chris Daughtry though.

AdamJ

I am a fan of Daughtry and Kelly---so I know I will love the duet. I actually did not like the kelly duet with Jason A. I think she can sing much better than she did with Jason. She also yelled some of the high notes---and Man I know she can hit them with ease and not yell. Can't wait for this song.--------

maddkat

Staff member
from Richard Marx who co-wrote the song in question:

Personal Message from Richard

by Richard Marx on Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at 8:58pm

Gang....there is nothing to indicate that the aforementioned song I wrote with Chris Daughtry and Jason Wade will, in fact, be on anyone's CD, let alone Kelly's. In fact, it's my feeling it will NOT be released and I indicated that fact in the interview I gave. I never spoke to WPLJ radio about anything...they simply picked up an interview I did elsewhere. And to be clear, the interviewer was aware of the song and collaboration, and I simply said, "Yes, I co-wrote the song..and I think they sang it REALLY well...but I don't think it's being used."
So to say I "spilled the beans" or "revealed" this info is incorrect.
Personal Message from Richard | Facebook

Carrieflattsfan

It'd be a shame if the release of this duet was just a rumor. Both Kelly and Chris are incredibly talented, but both could use a smash on the charts right now. :)

CarrieFan928

If what Richard Marx says is true, then we probably will never get to hear this duet. Their version of "Fast Car" was freakin awesome. I wonder who the other duet partner is though.

maria4hitz

The duet is not a rumor, there was a tweet a few months ago that said something like this "I just recorded drums for kelly clarkson and chris daughtry" that was deleted almost inmediately. That tweet confirmed the duet. And she recorded 2 duets, so there's not a "mistery duet" because there were 2, and she hasn't revealed the second duet partner, which I assume it's a girl. Kelly herself said on twitter that one of the duets would not be on the album, and reading what richard marx said it all makes sense. I guess the duet with the female artist is the one that'll be included on the album. And nobody said anywhere it'd be released as a single.
MJ from mjsblog had this to say:

Has-Been 80′s Star Pissed that Chris Daughtry/Kelly Clarkson Colabo was Reported

Richard Marx. Remember him? I barely do. He recorded some really cheesy music back in the 80s that was almost instantly forgotten–guilty pleasures at best.

Anyhoo. I guess Richard is none too happy that information that he freely gave to an ABC News Radio reporter this week regarding a song he co-wrote with Chris Daughtry and recorded by Chris and Kelly Clarkson for her new CD spread across the internets.

He posts on his Facebook. He doesn’t think the song will be released:

Gang….there is nothing to indicate that the aforementioned song I wrote with Chris Daughtry and Jason Wade will, in fact, be on anyone’s CD, let alone Kelly’s. In fact, it’s my feeling it will NOT be released and I indicated that fact in the interview I gave. I never spoke to WPLJ radio about anything…they simply picked up an interview I did elsewhere. And to be clear, the interviewer was aware of the song and collaboration, and I simply said, “Yes, I co-wrote the song..and I think they sang it REALLY well…but I don’t think it’s being used.”

So to say I “spilled the beans” or “revealed” this info is incorrect.

And, sorry…but….our economy is in the toilet..Blagojevich is being retried…and we finally got Bin Laden…but THIS is news???

Really???

OMG. Is he serious? Dude, I’m aware that there are terrible things going on in the world, but that’s never going to change. We’re just having a little fun here. That giant stick you have up your butt has gotta be pretty uncomfortable, no? Sorry you got in trouble, but that reporter was doing her job, and I was doing mine. Get over it. Just be happy people are talking about you at all.

My guess is that his people got a chewing out from Kelly’s people. And imma gonna say Marx isn’t really the go-to guy about what will and will not end up on Kelly’s record, so I will keep a wait and see attitude.

Has-Been 80′s Star Pissed that Chris Daughtry/Kelly Clarkson Colabo was Reported | mjsbigblog

thaifood

I hate to say this, especially since there seems to be so many Kelly fans around here, but she sure seems to be pulling out all the stops to make sure she is still viable.