Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelsea Ballerini - Unapologetically Era

DaisyTweets

anyone ever see an artist flat out ask fans to buy multiple copies before? Seems desperate

https://twitter.com/KelseaBallerini/status/928011686417592320

DODxg_UXcAAn1HL.jpg

Oh wow, you're right D! Never seen it and it seems desperate! Guess its a really good thing that Carrie didn't release a new single last Friday because it really would have effected her millions and millions of sales!!!!!!

Kizmet311

I actually did not know any of this. Maybe that has something to do with it. I think she is continuing the pop country sound in a good way, though. I haven't heard the album, but the songs I've heard have been pretty good so far. I feel like something is missing, though.. It's more like she's trying to be the next Taylor rather than herself. It isn't as exciting and doesn't feel as authentic.. but she seems to be writing more of the songs so that's good at least. I just hope she isn't using country as a platform to get fame, success and then leave it behind.

She has actually written or co-written every song on both her debut album and Unapologetically. She has a solo write on each album (The First Time on her debut and High School on her current album). There are several songs on Unapologetically that remind me of Taylor when she was "country". I think Kelsea is a pretty good songwriter, her voice is pretty especially when she uses her falsetto (which she does a LOT on Unapologetically), but I do think she is still figuring out who she is as an artist maybe. She had some really good songs on her debut like PP and Secondhand Smoke and she had some pop-country fluff, which is what was released as singles except for PP.

Surprisingly, though, the song that gets stuck in my head is Unapologetically. It isn't even close to being one of my favorites on the album, but the chorus is honestly pretty catchy. It makes me wonder if it will be a single, because if it gets stuck in your head when it isn't your favorite it would probably do well on radio! I like when she sings more mature songs like I Hate Love Songs and Music, but there is nothing wrong some fun, catchy songs either.

Since I recently signed up for Amazon Music Unlimited and can listen to all the new albums as soon as they come out, I have been listening to a lot. The only album I have purchased recently is Carly Pearce's (which I love). However, after listening to Sam Smith, Niall Horan, Carly, Kelly Clarkson, etc, I find myself going back to Unapologetically to listen again and again. It's just easy music to listen to and sing along to and overall I think it is a better album than her debut.

Josh

She has actually written or co-written every song on both her debut album and Unapologetically. She has a solo write on each album (The First Time on her debut and High School on her current album). There are several songs on Unapologetically that remind me of Taylor when she was "country". I think Kelsea is a pretty good songwriter, her voice is pretty especially when she uses her falsetto (which she does a LOT on Unapologetically), but I do think she is still figuring out who she is as an artist maybe. She had some really good songs on her debut like PP and Secondhand Smoke and she had some pop-country fluff, which is what was released as singles except for PP.

Surprisingly, though, the song that gets stuck in my head is Unapologetically. It isn't even close to being one of my favorites on the album, but the chorus is honestly pretty catchy. It makes me wonder if it will be a single, because if it gets stuck in your head when it isn't your favorite it would probably do well on radio! I like when she sings more mature songs like I Hate Love Songs and Music, but there is nothing wrong some fun, catchy songs either.

Since I recently signed up for Amazon Music Unlimited and can listen to all the new albums as soon as they come out, I have been listening to a lot. The only album I have purchased recently is Carly Pearce's (which I love). However, after listening to Sam Smith, Niall Horan, Carly, Kelly Clarkson, etc, I find myself going back to Unapologetically to listen again and again. It's just easy music to listen to and sing along to and overall I think it is a better album than her debut.

I didn't realize she did lol. I thought I read somewhere she wanted to write her own music for this album, but I misinterpreted what she meant. Yes, some songs are very "country Taylor" and I like them lol. I think she definitely is figuring things out, but I hope it goes up from here and not downhill. I might just listen to the first album and see what I missed.

Unapologetically is great. I have a feeling that could do well on AC with the right push? I might be wrong, but who knows. The acoustic version sounds good as well. The only thing I despise is her production... her songs could be so much better... I'm not sure what trend they're trying to start with the noise in some of her songs. High School would be a great single, in my opinion. Very throwback Taylor, she wrote it, and it sounds great and some people can definitely relate.

Niall Horan is the most unexpected artist to come from One Direction. I almost hate that I like his songs. It bothers me.

Kizmet311

I didn't realize she did lol. I thought I read somewhere she wanted to write her own music for this album, but I misinterpreted what she meant. Yes, some songs are very "country Taylor" and I like them lol. I think she definitely is figuring things out, but I hope it goes up from here and not downhill. I might just listen to the first album and see what I missed.

Unapologetically is great. I have a feeling that could do well on AC with the right push? I might be wrong, but who knows. The acoustic version sounds good as well. The only thing I despise is her production... her songs could be so much better... I'm not sure what trend they're trying to start with the noise in some of her songs. High School would be a great single, in my opinion. Very throwback Taylor, she wrote it, and it sounds great and some people can definitely relate.

Niall Horan is the most unexpected artist to come from One Direction. I almost hate that I like his songs. It bothers me.

My favorite songs from Kelsea's debut were XO, Sirens, Stilettos, The First Time, PP, and Secondhand Smoke (which is hands down the best song on the album). After that I think Stilettos and The First Time are the best.

I love Niall's album. I have listened to it quite a bit! I love the song that he and Maren do together. I have never listened to One Direction - I couldn't even name one of their songs without googling it, but he is really good.