Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ken Burns doing country music documentary

ethelu

Ken Burns, the filmmaker who did the documentaries, The Civil War, The Roosevelts, The National Parks and The Vietnam War, among others, is doing a documentary on country music as his next project. It is due to air sometime in 2018. I saw a short preview last night on PBS. There was old film footage, and interviews done specifically for this documentary. The only people being interviewed in the preview were Brenda Lee, Kris Kristoffersen and Garth, but there will be many more. I hope they also include Carrie. These documentaries are always very thorough and shown over multiple nights. The Vietnam War was shown over 10 nights, The Roosevelts was 8 nights. Ken was saying what a huge subject country music is, so I would expect this documentary would also be shown over several nights.

stuffy

Ken Burns, the filmmaker who did the documentaries, The Civil War, The Roosevelts, The National Parks and The Vietnam War, among others, is doing a documentary on country music as his next project. It is due to air sometime in 2018. I saw a short preview last night on PBS. There was old film footage, and interviews done specifically for this documentary. The only people being interviewed in the preview were Brenda Lee, Kris Kristoffersen and Garth, but there will be many more. I hope they also include Carrie. These documentaries are always very thorough and shown over multiple nights. The Vietnam War was shown over 10 nights, The Roosevelts was 8 nights. Ken was saying what a huge subject country music is, so I would expect this documentary would also be shown over several nights.
Whether or not carrie is in it, I’ll be watching. I love historical documentaries on music or movies.

txacar

Here is the link to Ken Burns' page. Looks as though it will air in 2019.

Country Music - Ken Burns

Steven77536

No, Carrie wasn't interviewed. I've been watching the documentary. It covers the history of country music from the 1920s all the way up to the passing of Johnny Cash in 2003. However, they've done a great job.

adam1995

No, Carrie wasn't interviewed. I've been watching the documentary. It covers the history of country music from the 1920s all the way up to the passing of Johnny Cash in 2003. However, they've done a great job.

I think it goes to 1996 with Bill Monroe's passing.

It has been great so far. A little Johnny Cash heavy, but great none the less.

Claus N

There is a picture of Carrie and Brad Paisley in the final episode, but she is not mentioned. The documentary ends with with the passing of Bill Monroe and Johnny Cash in 1996 and 2003.