Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kentucky Derby 2012

carrieguy2

tomorrow at Churchill Downs post time 6:25 ET! :)

#6 Bodemeister is the probable favorite.trained by Bob Baffert, it would be the first horse in well over a century to win the Derby and never have run as a 2 year old. #4 Union Rags is second choice.
i lean towards #8 Creative Cause, who beat Bodemeister two races back and in its last race was nosed out. but in such a large and unpredictable field and with unusually large payouts (Because it has 20 starters unlike all other races which max at 14 and usually have far fewer) i will box him in the exacta.
my choices are
#3 Take Charge Indy
#6 Bodemeister
#8 Creative Cause
#15 Gemologist.

Calvin Borel fans: he is on #3 Take Charge Indy. Calvin rode him to a win in his last race in the Florida Derby.

Andy Beyer boxes Bodemeister and #10 Daddy Nose Best
2012 Kentucky Derby: Bodemeister by a Nose - The Washington Post

let's enjoy some mint juleps! :)

JB172

I have to much softball going on tomorrow to get over to Calder to make a bet, but my goodness is there some $$$ to be made if you can hit the right horses.

I am going to go with Gemologist, with Union Rags and since there is always a long shot that finishes in the top 3 I like I'll Have Another to be that horse.

maddkat

Staff member
Lived here my whole life and never went to or bet on the Derby, still I must watch every year.

I'm going with Hansen because he's just so pretty :)
see why I don't bet? :)

lynnh32

Grew up watching the horses with my grandfather. And derby day holds a special place in my heart. Have to go over the list a lil more before I go and place a bet, but you can be sure I'll be in front of the TV when the race goes off!

Audra

I love this day every year!! Watch all the coverage and everything, and I think this year my picks are Gemologist, Union Rags, and Bodemeister. But I do also will be looking at Hansen too.

Audra

well, one of my picks almost won it! lol Bodemeister almost got it, but I'll Have Another had a great race!

carrieguy2

I'll Have Another beat my selection Creative Cause in its last race by a nose. the only reason i didn't go with it was the #19 post position, which usually is very hard to overcome. turns out the jockey who never ran in the Derby before gave it an absolutely perfect trip and voila! :)

now on to the Preakness, which i attended in 1973 (Secretariat's year) and then every year but one (couldn't get out of as family wedding held the same day) since 1977! :)

Audra

I'll Have Another beat my selection Creative Cause in its last race by a nose. the only reason i didn't go with it was the #19 post position, which usually is very hard to overcome. turns out the jockey who never ran in the Derby before gave it an absolutely perfect trip and voila! :)

now on to the Preakness, which i attended in 1973 (Secretariat's year) and then every year but one (couldn't get out of as family wedding held the same day) since 1977! :)

oh wow!! I wish I could go to one of those races, I didn't really get into all this horse racing until around 2002 I believe, when War Emblem won the Derby, that's when it started catching my attention and I've been hooked on horse racing ever since.

but it is very tough to win that race from that #19 spot, but he had a good trip, definitely, and cannot wait to see what he can do in the Preakness!