Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Las Vegas Residency

Smokyiiis

Within the article
"I'm a mild person, but it's fun to get angry or sassy and [embody] the characters that my songs inhabit. So using fire, water, dancers, whatever, to bring my songs to life is pretty cool."

Underwood's either headlined or been featured on 12 different tours in 16 of the past 18 years, alongside recording nine studio albums.

To say that she's well-versed in the art of production is an understatement.

However, concerning Vegas, she believes it's an opportunity to elevate expectations of herself and her brand -- a brand which, in the past two decades, is arguably one of the most visible in country and pop music overall.

"To come to [Resorts World], I know most of my fanbase has to make the extra effort of getting on a plane and finding hotel reservations -- and I'm grateful that they've done that and had fun. But also, for people who may have seen me or listen to me regularly -- but have not seen me in concert, what we're giving them in Vegas highlights my wide range of musical and personal influences, plus where I'm at right now."

Where she's "at right now" includes body-twisting mid-show and mid-air acrobatics.
Underwood's physical fitness is legendary, but what she's offering onstage of late is still impressive.

Regarding the decision to literally elevate her show's offerings, she cites making a site visit and noting that Cirque du Soleil currently has six different iterations of its aerialism and entertainment-meets-traveling circus-themed shows being performed on the Las Vegas strip.

"Instead of being distracted by what they're doing, I decided to add their inspiration to my show," says Underwood about the aerial feats she debuted at Resorts World in 2021 that have also now seeped into her non-Vegas arena offerings on her most recent "Denim and Rhinestones" tour.
Underwood's work in Las Vegas also elevates her legacy to beginning to approach the accomplishments of artists she counts as inspirations, like Reba McEntire and Dolly Parton.

"Sharing a legacy of putting on proper shows that, like Dolly's and Reba's, are extra -- meaning filled with more of the glitz, glamour, extravagant wardrobe and staging that's a part of our lives already -- and tell a full, emotion and vibe-driven story with a beginning, middle and end."

"I'm not just showing up and singing. Instead, I'm immersing the audience in song."
Regarding how Vegas has benefitted her creative mindset overall, Underwood adds a note that frames her "REFLECTION" residency and all things moving forward in an intriguing light.

"Feeling the creative freedom to embrace all of my life's influences and desires is exciting. Regularly playing in Vegas is another professional challenge that I've successfully met and accomplished. And yes, having another huge notch on my belt will continue to positively impact my confidence at this point in my career."

Carrie Underwood's "REFLECTION" returns to Las Vegas' Resorts World Theater from June 21-July 1. She also returns to close 2023 at the venue on Sept. 20-30, plus Nov. 29-Dec. 16

more at link

maddkat

Staff member

Within the article
"I'm a mild person, but it's fun to get angry or sassy and [embody] the characters that my songs inhabit. So using fire, water, dancers, whatever, to bring my songs to life is pretty cool."

Underwood's either headlined or been featured on 12 different tours in 16 of the past 18 years, alongside recording nine studio albums.

To say that she's well-versed in the art of production is an understatement.

However, concerning Vegas, she believes it's an opportunity to elevate expectations of herself and her brand -- a brand which, in the past two decades, is arguably one of the most visible in country and pop music overall.

"To come to [Resorts World], I know most of my fanbase has to make the extra effort of getting on a plane and finding hotel reservations -- and I'm grateful that they've done that and had fun. But also, for people who may have seen me or listen to me regularly -- but have not seen me in concert, what we're giving them in Vegas highlights my wide range of musical and personal influences, plus where I'm at right now."

Where she's "at right now" includes body-twisting mid-show and mid-air acrobatics.
Underwood's physical fitness is legendary, but what she's offering onstage of late is still impressive.

Regarding the decision to literally elevate her show's offerings, she cites making a site visit and noting that Cirque du Soleil currently has six different iterations of its aerialism and entertainment-meets-traveling circus-themed shows being performed on the Las Vegas strip.

"Instead of being distracted by what they're doing, I decided to add their inspiration to my show," says Underwood about the aerial feats she debuted at Resorts World in 2021 that have also now seeped into her non-Vegas arena offerings on her most recent "Denim and Rhinestones" tour.
Underwood's work in Las Vegas also elevates her legacy to beginning to approach the accomplishments of artists she counts as inspirations, like Reba McEntire and Dolly Parton.

"Sharing a legacy of putting on proper shows that, like Dolly's and Reba's, are extra -- meaning filled with more of the glitz, glamour, extravagant wardrobe and staging that's a part of our lives already -- and tell a full, emotion and vibe-driven story with a beginning, middle and end."

"I'm not just showing up and singing. Instead, I'm immersing the audience in song."
Regarding how Vegas has benefitted her creative mindset overall, Underwood adds a note that frames her "REFLECTION" residency and all things moving forward in an intriguing light.

"Feeling the creative freedom to embrace all of my life's influences and desires is exciting. Regularly playing in Vegas is another professional challenge that I've successfully met and accomplished. And yes, having another huge notch on my belt will continue to positively impact my confidence at this point in my career."

Carrie Underwood's "REFLECTION" returns to Las Vegas' Resorts World Theater from June 21-July 1. She also returns to close 2023 at the venue on Sept. 20-30, plus Nov. 29-Dec. 16

more at link

" Regularly playing in Vegas is another professional challenge that I've successfully met and accomplished. And yes, having another huge notch on my belt will continue to positively impact my confidence at this point in my career."
this part sounds so unlike Carrie, lol

Reactions: Hil

abbeyjones18

" Regularly playing in Vegas is another professional challenge that I've successfully met and accomplished. And yes, having another huge notch on my belt will continue to positively impact my confidence at this point in my career."
this part sounds so unlike Carrie, lol
It sounds like a quote from a press release, not an actual interview.