Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Last Name story

carrieguy2

i was on the phone with a Verizon representative. she was very talkative and we covered a number of subjects other than phone charges. she was in Pa. and we both had snowstorms yesterday. i mentioned that i was going to the airport tonight to pick up a relative who was returning from a trip to see family in Henderson, Nev. outside of Jas Vegas where it has been quite warm.
so she said she had traveled to a lot of places but had never been to Las Vegas, and she had a trip planned for this summer. she apparently is single and is going with some married friends. she was looking forward to the trip, but she told her friends:
Please, don't let me wake up one morning and NOT KNOW MY LAST NAME.
i cracked up, and i said oh, Carrie Underwood?
she said yeah, and that she jokes all the time about it with her friends.

I forget my last name isn't spelled the traditional Spanish way. My last name's Cortes so I get infuriated when people assume it's Cortez...truth is, my last name's actually the less common spelling of Cortez.

Last edited: