Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest RIAA certifications for Carrie!

tgbrinker

Also, for streaming a playlist endlessly, make sure you select 'shuffle' and 'repeat' so the songs keep playing after you've gone through them all.

Also, if you'd rather listen to or watch other things while at a work computer, make sure the volume within the app/player you're streaming on (YouTube, Spotify, etc) isn't dragged all the way to silent. Some services don't count streams that are on silent. I just have it on to the lowest notch, so I can still hear other things and not even hear Spotify. The plugging in headphones trick works great too if you're listening/watching on another device.

carrieidol1

I really wonder where SH stands; I have to imagine it does okay with streaming and such, and with the Vinyl release that should have generated some shipments? It’s been like 3 or 4 years since the last certification for SH and with streaming and how the qualifications have somewhat changed - single streams count toward a percentage of a sales, I think, and other changes in methodology. I do wonder if SH could be Diamond sooner rather than later; they could double certify (9x & 10x). Maybe this is way too optimistic, but Nickelback’s album which came out the same year and sold similarly to SH (last reported) is Diamond, I really think SH should be too, or is closer than we think.

I’d love to see updated SH numbers!! I’d love estimates for all the albums, at that? Anyone have any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrieidol1

You're right! Here are some estimates

7.4 mi Before He Cheats *eligible for 7x Platinum*
4.7 mi Blown Away
3.6 mi Remind Me *eligible for 3x Platinum*
2.9 mi The Fighter
2.8 mi Somethin' Bad
2.1 mi Something In The Water *eligible for 2x Platinum*
1.9 mi Two Black Cadillacs
1.8 mi Last Name
0.9 mi Cry Pretty

Can you estimate the albums? Lol

What about JTTW?

NC State Carrie Fan

I don't know if I am doing it incorrectly but the RIAA website says that 1500 streams (per album) count as one 1 album sale. So this only adds about 200k (Spotify alone) to each of Carrie's albums which helps in no way. But I would think it has to be closer to Diamond than we think. I definitely think they are skipping over 9x Platinum to go straight to Diamond and I think the vinyl is a stunt to cross that threshold.

For Jesus Take the Wheel I have it at about 3.25 m, but this is only sales and spotify so it is the base it could be. Eder has some other factors he adds into his estimates so I am sure his numbers will be higher!

carrieidol1

I don't know if I am doing it incorrectly but the RIAA website says that 1500 streams (per album) count as one 1 album sale. So this only adds about 200k (Spotify alone) to each of Carrie's albums which helps in no way. But I would think it has to be closer to Diamond than we think. I definitely think they are skipping over 9x Platinum to go straight to Diamond and I think the vinyl is a stunt to cross that threshold.

For Jesus Take the Wheel I have it at about 3.25 m, but this is only sales and spotify so it is the base it could be. Eder has some other factors he adds into his estimates so I am sure his numbers will be higher!

Remember back in the day when we’d get comprehensive updates from random people with Billboard connections? They’d like post a summary on Twitter - I miss those! Guessing is fun, but it’d be nice to have confirmation of Carrie’s entire discography...

SH should definitely be close to Diamond but I imagine the other albums may be making moves, too, with streaming considered. I’d just love to know.

As of September 3rd, 2018, the Chart Data twitter account had pure sales of Some Hearts estimated at 7,490,000, but it has to be significantly higher than that at this point with the vinyl and itunes and regular CD sales. It would be cool if there was some type of roll-out with My Gift about Some Hearts being diamond, but it might not be quite there yet at that time. When it does go diamond, it seriously deserves some type of ceremony because albums going diamond is a rare occasion nowadays.

carrieidol1

As of September 3rd, 2018, the Chart Data twitter account had pure sales of Some Hearts estimated at 7,490,000, but it has to be significantly higher than that at this point with the vinyl and itunes and regular CD sales. It would be cool if there was some type of roll-out with My Gift about Some Hearts being diamond, but it might not be quite there yet at that time. When it does go diamond, it seriously deserves some type of ceremony because albums going diamond is a rare occasion nowadays.

Not to mention, it’ll probably be one of the last diamond albums in country music, ever. With the new methodology it’s very unlikely new country albums reach that level going forward. SH benefits from having most of its sales during the middle/end of the albums sales era. The list of country Diamond albums is quite short, it would be legendary if Carrie could join that list.

Also, with the sales figure of 7.5 million; it’s safe to assume the shipment levels are probably well into the 8 million range if not 9 million. Basically, that would mean approximately 1 million physical copies are unaccounted for in stores and such, which seems realistic...

I really think we’ll get a Diamond update sometime this year, perhaps closer to My Gift coming out, or perhaps they do it around the 15 year anniversary.

tgbrinker

If Gorth Bricks can put out a new box set with barely any new music and a re-package of all the old stuff every 6 weeks to inflate his certifications, I think Carrie should at least do it once.

Have UMG do a Holiday bundle with My Gift + Cry Pretty and see if Arista will jump on board with a Greatest Hits + the first 5 albums bundle or at least GH + Storyteller.

Package each bundle up for $20 or better yet, the full package for $40-$50 and watch the certifications roll in!

Eder Rodrigues

The way Blown away is nearing five times platinum. Not many artist can say one of their career defining hits is on their fourth album. Do you by chance know what her album numbers look like? Really think Storyteller is near or over 2x platinum eligibility.

Storyteller it at 1.6 mi and Cry Pretty just passed 1.1 mi

So I just saw on The HQ twitter that they are congratulating Carrie for 2x Platinum for SITW and 2x Platinum for Two Black Cadillacs. On the RIAA website you have to type in the song name to see it. Strange because they are from July 23rd.

Zach1998

^ Saw that too! Very cool thing to point out with the Blown Away Era is now each of the four singles count down from 4x platinum to 1x platinum.
4x Blown Away
3x Good girl
2x Two Black Cadillacs
1x See You again.

simonplay

How far is SYA of 2x platinum? I want the Blown Away era (her best) to have all the singles certified multi-platinum!

NC State Carrie Fan

Can someone update her wiki page to reflect the TBC, SITW, and HGTA certifications?

Im a visual person so I like to see it lol. I used to know how to do it but it has been so long.

Random thought - I dont know if this is a label thing but Carrie has had 19 certifications in 2020 alone, which I think is pretty remarkable.

Last edited:

NC State Carrie Fan

How far is SYA of 2x platinum? I want the Blown Away era (her best) to have all the singles certified multi-platinum!
I have SYA at about 1.25 million SPS (but again my numbers are only sales/youtube/spotify) so it is the base. I would think with other streaming platforms it would be closer to 1.6ish million.

Last Name (shocked its not 2x Platinum yet) & Temporary Home are the next two that will most likely see 2x Platinum certifications. They have similar numbers to SITW and TBC.

Cry Pretty might be Platinum in the next year or so as well.

Zach1998

I have “See You Again” around 1.4-1.5 million sps. This doesn’t include Apple Music and other streaming services though.

Eder Rodrigues

Some of my estimates

Somethin' Bad - 2.9 mi *recently certified 2x Plat*
Remind Me - 3.7 mi *eligible for 3x Plat*
The Fighter - 3.2 mi *eligible for 3x Plat*
The Champion 1.8 mi
Last Name 1.8 mi
Temporary Home - 1.7 mi
See You Again - 1.6 mi
Cry Pretty - 950k