Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legendary author Maya Angelou dies

HuiZ

My favourite quote from her:

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

txacar

My favourite quote from her:

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

One of my favorites, too. She was one of our Speakers in the Series of Speakers at Jones Hall in Houston a few years ago. I've never spent a more delightful evening. She is very funny. Told us about being met at the airport by airline executives who were recognizing her for 1 million miles flown. She was shocked and said the millionth mile was her last one. She purchased a bus and has never flown since. Her bus is half a city block long. There are 2 drivers, the one I chatted with and one they would pick up in New Orleans that night who would take over driving. He said she loves to cook (prepares all of the meals for herself and 2 drivers) and described the stew she had simmering on the stove at that moment -- smelled sooooo good.

My Mom, who died a couple years ago at 100 yrs., had all of Maya's books and was a huge fan. Fortunately, I have those books and, while we've lost

HuiZ

One of my favorites, too. She was one of our Speakers in the Series of Speakers at Jones Hall in Houston a few years ago. I've never spent a more delightful evening. She is very funny. Told us about being met at the airport by airline executives who were recognizing her for 1 million miles flown. She was shocked and said the millionth mile was her last one. She purchased a bus and has never flown since. Her bus is half a city block long. There are 2 drivers, the one I chatted with and one they would pick up in New Orleans that night who would take over driving. He said she loves to cook (prepares all of the meals for herself and 2 drivers) and described the stew she had simmering on the stove at that moment -- smelled sooooo good.

My Mom, who died a couple years ago at 100 yrs., had all of Maya's books and was a huge fan. Fortunately, I have those books and, while we've lost
Wow great story! Thanks for sharing!

So sorry about your mom... but wow, 100 yrs old is amazing! I'm sure it was a century of wonderful memories for everyone who loved and knew her =)