Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Les Miz

GumbyJRH

I've seen it on stage several times! I can't wait to see the movie, :) :) One of my favorite plays ever!

That is so cool they made it into a movie I haven't seen the musical ever but when they did the 25th anniversary on pbs it was really good. I hope the movie would really good

carebear4eva

I'm a little skeptical, but excited too! Adore the book, worship the musical. Anne Hathaway, though? Errmmm....

Don't get me wrong, she has a SHOCKINGLY good voice. But Fantine? I need to see this before I'm sold...

HuiZ

Sadly, I haven't seen the musical.

But I'm so excited for this movie! The trailer looks amazing!

Im so excited! My friend's school did it as their musical the other week and I just saw it for the first time. It was amazing! I cant wait to see the movie

pklongbeach

Yep!
The news is out and it looks like it is a complete Smash!
Really happy and excited about this.
I to just saw the international trailer and had chills. It looks unbelievable.
I have seen it on stage and liked it very much (mostly cause of the music), but have to admit that the story was difficult for me to follow even though I knew it fairly well.
I love the film medium and think that this adaptation will tell the story much better, and hope that the "singing by major male roles" will not distract. I feel confident it won't.
I have to admit that I am almost afraid to see it.
Tragedies are hard for me these days. I have gotten soft somehow. So it is difficult for me to see films that I know have tragic charactors.
But I will see it and simply endure.
I refuse to avoid it simply because it tells a sad story.
It will be too good for that.

liz278

I just saw this weekend the "making of Les Miserables" and I have to say after seeing that I have to go see it. I saw the play in Los Angeles with an excellent cast but this looks to be as good as or better. Just seeing Anne Hathaway sing and tears rolling down her face had me in tears. I also know it will be excellent if at a screening at the end of the movie the whole audience stands and gives everyone a standing ovation.

maddkat

Staff member
anyone else seen this one yet?

I loved it! Anne Hathaway is so amazingly heartwrenching in it. Hugh Jackman is great! Heck everyone is great.The director did really good job of adapting and fleshing out the story.On scale of one to ten tissues it's 8 tissue for sure.Not ten because of the wonderful comedic turn on Helena Bonham Carter & Sasha Baron Cohen.

sco

We saw it last night. It was a really great movie and Anne Hathaway was magnificent. My only complaint was Russell Crowe. I like him and he is a great actor. I just don't think he had the singing voice for Javert. He wasn't bad but he just didn't have any power and was a bit nasally. The guy who played Marius was great as was Amanda Seyfried as Cosette. I knew she could sing as I saw her in Mama Mia.