Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loretta Lynn ft Reba McEntire and Carrie Underwood - Still Woman Enough

Farawayhills

So that's the legacy project!

Any combination of those three is bound to be interesting (and we can be thankful that it came to pass in time for the three of them to perform together)

As far as the song itself goes, I have to say there are stronger Loretta ones in the repertoire, that I might have wanted - but I won't let that thought linger. This one needs attitude, and a touch of sarcasm. It's been done many times - for anyone who might not know it, this is one of my favorite duet versions, from kd lang and Roseanne Cash

jamatthews83

So that's the legacy project!

Any combination of those three is bound to be interesting (and we can be thankful that it came to pass in time for the three of them to perform together)

As far as the song itself goes, I have to say there are stronger Loretta ones in the repertoire, that I might have wanted - but I won't let that thought linger. This one needs attitude, and a touch of sarcasm. It's been done many times - for anyone who might not know it, this is one of my favorite duet versions, from kd lang and Roseanne Cash

It's a new song, Tanya Tucker is the one singing You Ain't Woman Enough with Loretta for the album.

Farawayhills

Sorry, I confused the song title in my earlier post (must be still recovering fro the Christmas festivities, lol). "Still Woman Enough" is the title of the album, and of Loretta's memoirs. I'm not familiar with it as also being a song - I wonder if the collaboration will be a medley of some sort?

adam1995

This will be very nice! I'm really excited to hear it, and happy those two were included. Three generations of country royalty.

Also, when Carrie said it's a legacy project, she literally meant a Legacy project. The album will be released from Legacy Recordings. Staring us right in the face.

adam1995

Most look like covers or re-recording other than "Still Woman Enough" and maybe a couple others.

rcramer

This will be very nice! I'm really excited to hear it, and happy those two were included. Three generations of country royalty.

Also, when Carrie said it's a legacy project, she literally meant a Legacy project. The album will be released from Legacy Recordings. Staring us right in the face.

Amen, cant get any better than that....

adam1995

I am also really glad that Reba and Carrie get to sing on the only new song.

Also, love Loretta on the throne in the album cover. Iconic!

I am going to guess that with Loretta's album coming out on the 19th, My Savior will most likely come out on March 26th or April 2nd so that there isn't a conflict. Maybe before, but I wouldn't view that as just in time for Easter. I am getting ahead of myself, but it would be cool if this was a performance at the ACMs given the timing.

LilUnderwood

Still Woman Enough- Carrie featured on Loretta Lynn New Album

Just saw on Facebook Carrie is featured with Reba on Loretta Lynn’s new album coming out March 19th! Looks like we finally have an answer for what she and Reba were up to!

Zach1998

Anyone else find it hilariously ironic that Margo Price (who has openly liked post shading Carrie), is now going to be on a project with her. She tweeted how exited she was to be on the project with Carrie and Reba. Idk just thought it was funny she had to eat her words.

FanSince04

Anyone else find it hilariously ironic that Margo Price (who has openly liked post shading Carrie), is now going to be on a project with her. She tweeted how exited she was to be on the project with Carrie and Reba. Idk just thought it was funny she had to eat her words.

I’ve never heard of this story. Do tell more.

adam1995

Never saw that, what kind of posts?