Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loretta Lynn to celebrate 50th Opry Anniversary Is Carrie going to be involved in it?

carebear4eva

Sorry to go OT, but Loretta Lynn is playing in my city on Sept. 13th! Do you guys think I should go? Tickets are relatively cheap - 39$-89$. I'm very tempted, because I do adore her.

Has anyone been to a recent concert of hers?

supercarriefan

Sorry to go OT, but Loretta Lynn is playing in my city on Sept. 13th! Do you guys think I should go? Tickets are relatively cheap - 39$-89$. I'm very tempted, because I do adore her.

Has anyone been to a recent concert of hers?

She's a legend. I'd say go. I'm sure she puts on an interesting show. Plus, her material is great.

teesharky

I really wish Carrie was a part of this. I think it would have been better for her to go to the opry that night instead of tonight. She has off that night and will be in Nashville a few days before for her Nashville show. She could fly out to Green Bay right after the event.

robinannhunt

I think you might have something when you talk about a video segment. It might just be a congratulations thing but that may be why she is at the Opry. To record her message.

maddkat

Staff member
I get email messages from Opry.com and they are going to Celebrate Loretta Lynn on September 25th (Do you guys know of Carrie's going to be involved in it because i know that recently Carrie sang You're Looking At Country) do you think they will show her version of it at this opry show?

Loretta Lynn To Celebrate 50th Opry Anniversary With Star-Packed Show September 25 - Opry.com

here's a video (thanks to the capper):

I think that's quite possible they'll show Carrie's YLAC if GAC televises the show.

Farawayhills

The Opry have used the hash tag "You're Looking At Country" when publicizing the event - but I don't know if that implies some involvement of Carrie or her tribute version.

Loretta is a legend, and probably always worth seeing. She continues to tour quite a lot - but had to be hospitalized with heat exhaustion recently. Last year, she co-billed with the Court Yard Hounds. In some concerts, she's appeared with her granddaughter, Tayla.

Tayla sings many of her "memaw"'s songs, and may appear at the Opry - but she also has her own group, Stealing Angels (a trio, with Jennifer Wayne and Caroline Cutbirth)

Tayla is the dark girl singing lead in this video: