Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Love Wins" screened on Keep It Country TV

Farawayhills

I haven't seen much of it over here, but the video was screened on a show I was watching this morning. (The show was sourced from Ireland, but is also screened through the UK). In introducing it, the presenter stressed the message aspect, saying that some of the "Cry Pretty" album was "sort of political", and the message here was that "whatever the world may look like, love wins". Put in that context, I think the song would chime well with the turmoil we're going through here - but I'm not so sure how well it would fit in with the prevailing view of bland normality favoured by much of US Country radio (the tepid reception of "Better Boat" has me worried.)

A a side note, I saw that Mary Gauthier tweeted the two words "Love Wins!" to Lori McKenna as her verdict on the Grammys. It made me think it was pity Carrie couldn't have been there to perform her song (but then the Grammys aren't Country radio!)