Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madonna - Madame X

clh_hilary

The biggest-selling and highest-grossing female artist of all-time, multi-time Grammy and Emmy winner, performer of Oscars-winning "Sooner or Later" and "You Must Love Me", dance-turned-musician, musician-turned-actress (most awarded actress at the Razzies), actress-turned-director, the legendary and iconic The Queen of Pop MADONNA is releasing her 14th studio album on 14 JUNE 2019.

Trailor for Madame X:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5AbJxTFMms

Madame X follows MADONNA's 2015 No 1 album, Rebel Heart, which was the top-selling album in her home country of the United States of America, and the album opened with the largest on-week sales for a woman in 2015, with more than 450,000 copies moved in its first week, until the record was taken by ADELE's record-breaking 25. It ended up being the third-best-selling female album released in 2015.

The album produced 3 No 1 singles, including "Living for Love" and "***** I'm Madonna", the latter with a music video of over 120 million views, her most-viewed video so far on YouTube.

Madame X will contain:

1. "Medellín" (with Maluma)
Madonna CicconeMirwais AhmadzaïMaluma LondoñoEdgar Barrera
MadonnaMirwais
4:58
2. "Dark Ballet"
CicconeAhmadzaï
4:14
3. "God Control"
CicconeAhmadzaï
6:19
4. "Future" (featuring Quavo)
CicconeThomas PentzBrittany Talia HazzardQuavious Keyate Marshall
3:53
5. "Batuka"
CicconeBandaAhmadzaï
4:57
6. "Killers Who Are Partying"
CicconeAhmadzaï
5:28
7. "Crave" (featuring Swae Lee)
CicconeKhalif Malik Ibn Shaman BrownHazzard
3:21
8. "Crazy"
Jason EviganCicconeHazzard
4:02
9. "Come Alive"
Jeff BhaskerCicconeHazzard
4:02
10. "Faz Gostoso" (featuring Anitta)
Rodrigo CarmoNunoEmanuel OliveiraMateus SeabraLuíz VieiraKarla RodriguesCiccone
4:05
11. "***** I'm Loca" (featuring Maluma)
CicconeLauren D'EliaLondoñoBarreraJAMESRodriguezStiven Rojas
2:50
12. "I Don't Search I Find"
CicconeAhmadzaï
4:08
13. "I Rise"

With bonus tracks for various other versions.

It was inspired by the musical scene in the Republic of Portugal, where the billionaire singer rented a former palace to reside as a self-proclaimed "soccer mom".

The first single, "Medellín", named after the Colombian city and hometown of collaborator Maluma, was released on 17 April 2019. It has reached the top spot on global iTunes for 2 days, and debuted Top 10 in Greece, Finland, Hungary, Israel, Portugal, and Venezuela. It has also occupied the penthouse on United States's Billboard Latin digital songs chart.

Its video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAxNaLAR2to

The song was reggaeton mixed with cha-cha-chá, a loving tune to both the Colombian superstar, as well as Latin America, the region where Madonna is by far the top-selling act in.

Its live and television debut came earlier at the Billboard Music Awards, after months of rehearsals and USD$5 million for the holograms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2vt4YvwOQg

On tour, the former University of Michigan student promised to consider performing her Top 10 hit "Rescue Me" on tour, a megahit she has never performed live before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kLpz4ktnHE

A promotional single, "I Rise", has just been released. It is said to be a ballad which is at the same time a gay anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqneqHdELr8

It features a sample from gun control student activist Emma González, a teenage survivor of a school shooting in Florida. Ms Ciccone is known to be a Democratic supporter, having advocated for a "revolution of love" during the Women's March a few years ago. It's released on the eve of her receiving the GLAAD Advocate for Change award.

Additionally, the Hall of Famer has been paid USD$1 million to perform a track in Tel-Aviv, Israel for the 600 million-viewing Eurovision contest later this year. It has not been confirmed what music she will be performing. Eurovision is one of the most viewed show world-wide, and it has launched the career of multi-diamond superstars such as the groundbreaking Swedish classic ABBA, in addition to UN Goodwill Ambassador, the member of the Order of Canada and of the French highest honour, the Legion of Honour, the "My Heart Will Go On" songtress, Her Excellency Dr Celine Dion.

jaymiee

I think I'm too young to understand Madonna fully but the fact that shes 60 and still making music and performing and dancing blows my mind

clh_hilary

I think I'm too young to understand Madonna fully but the fact that shes 60 and still making music and performing and dancing blows my mind

Indeed. And she's launching another major tour on Monday.

Some dates and information have been leaked...Apparently $800+ was the cheapest for her dates in Chicago. I saw some at almost $2000 for LA.

clh_hilary

The Golden Globes Best Actress winner stated that Madame X is the continuation of the political American Life album.

American Life was a global No 1 album against the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. It produced the worldwide No 1 singles "Die Another Day" (James Bond theme song) and "American Life", and broke the record for most Top 10s on the US dance chart (at 7: "Die Another Day", "American Life", "Hollywood", "Nothing Fails", "Love Profusion", "Mother and Father", "Nobody Knows Me"). During the era, she had another world's No 1 single with Britney Spears, "Me Against The Music". She also released her second remix album featuring a previously unreleased track, "Your Honestly", as well as the VMA performance of "Like a Virgin", "Hollywood", and "Work It" with Britney Spears (whom she kissed), Christina Aguilera, and Missy Elliot. She followed that up with the massive Reinvention Tour, which was released into a disc later as I'm Going To Tell You a Secret during the later Confessions era. Additionally, she wrote a handful of best-selling children's books, the English Roses series, and starred in the James Bond blockbuster Die Another Day, for which she won multiple Razzies.

American Life was the beginning of her being blacklisted by US radio, as demonstrated not by the radio performance of the singles during that era, but the fact that the 15-week global No 1 "Hung Up" stalled in the 40s on US radio despite topping US sales for 2 weeks (platinum - the same certification as the decade's biggest song), and the 7-week global No 1 "Sorry" going nowhere in the US. Her 2009 "Celebration" also went No 2 on the United World Chart despite it flopping in the US. Although her 2008 hit "4 Minutes" did reach No 11 on overall radio in the US (but the third-biggest song worldwide that year, with 11 weeks at No 1, and No 3 in the US - the second song to sell a million copies in the country in 5 weeks after Rihanna's "Umbrella" featuring Jay-Z), and "Give Me All Your Luvin'' had initial heavy plays due to Superbowl hype combined with a iHeartRadio deal.

clh_hilary

The dancing queen's main format, dance, has given The Queen of Pop her 47th (!!!) No 1 hit on the chart - "Medallín" with Maluma.

1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)

1984, "Like a Virgin" (four)
1985, "Material Girl"
1985, "Angel"/"Into the Groove"

1987, "Open Your Heart"

1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"

1988, "You Can Dance (LP Cuts)"

1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
1989, "Express Yourself" (three)
1990, "Keep It Together"

1990, "Vogue" (two)

1991, "Justify My Love" (two)

1992, "Erotica"
1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
1993, "Fever"

1994, "Secret" (two)
1995, "Bedtime Story"

1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"

1998, "Frozen" (two)
1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)

1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)

2000, "American Pie"

2000, "Music" (five)
2001, "Don't Tell Me"
2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)

2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
2003, "American Life"
2003, "Hollywood"
2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spears featuring Madonna (two)
2004, "Nothing Fails"
2004, "Love Profusion"

2005, "Hung Up" (four)
2006, "Sorry" (two)
2006, "Get Together"
2006, "Jump" (two)

2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
2008, "Give It 2 Me"

2009, "Celebration"

2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
2012, "Turn Up the Radio"

2015, "Living for Love"
2015, "Ghosttown"
2015, "B**** I'm Madonna," featuring Nicki Minaj

2019, "Medellín", Madonna & Maluma

With 47 number one smashes on one single format, Madonna holds the record for the most No 1s on any format.

clh_hilary

Madame X has officially entered the Billboard 200 in the United States of America at No 1, with around 95,000 units!

With 9 number one albums, this puts Madonna at No 2 behind Barbra Streisand for the most number of chart-topping albums, and No 6 overall.

This is her 22nd Top 10 album, once again putting her at No 2 behind Streisand for females, and No 6 overall.

The 90,000 copies of pure sales sold by the album is the fourth-largest sales week by a female artist.

"Medellín" reached No 1 in dance and Top 10 on Hot Latin Songs. "Crave" is now No 15 on AC airplay.

---

Globally, as of now, it débuted No 2 in the UK, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Italy; Top 5 in Argentina, Germany, New Zealand, Scotland; Top 10 in Finland, Ireland, Norway, Sweden. It's also No 11 in Japan.

Her last album, Rebel Heart, opened with more than 450,000 copies globally (the largest female opening of the year at that time) at No 1. It's yet unclear if Madonna will win the race to the penthouse against Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen right now. Springsteen has been aided by father's day this past week, especially in Great Britain.

clh_hilary

Madame X has reached No 1 in Argentina and Taiwan.

UK midweek isn't looking too good at the moment, as she has tumbled to the Top 15 for her second week. Bruce Springsteen, who topped the British chart last week ahead of her, is projected to be No 3.

clh_hilary

Madonna released her strong "God Control" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv-sdTOw5cs

This is the fourth video of this era, of the five planned and filmed.

The Portuguese song has been the best-performing song, but she said she would need $300,000 to film a video for it. She said something similar when people wanted a video for MDNA's "Gang Bang", and that never happened.