Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mariah Carey is the new American Idol Judge!

teesharky

https://twitter.com/AmericanIdol

American Idol just tweeted to confirm, and so did Mariah herself! yay!

I really think Mariah will be great. She is a fantastic singer so this is right up her alley. Plus she hasn't been doing all that much lately due to the twins anyway, so this is perfect timing!

maddkat

Staff member
so I guess we can expect and new single, cd and video sometime during the winter/spring?( that was cynical huh? )

ngl ,not real sure she'll have anything to contribute,she's always seemed a little flighty to me.But I'll tune in and give her a chance.:)

12russ79

Well they might as well change the name of the show to THE MARIAH CAREY PIMP HOUR.....
I guess they figure there's no talent left in the country so all the focus should be on the judges....

gaycarebear

so I guess we can expect and new single, cd and video sometime during the winter/spring?( that was cynical huh? )

ngl ,not real sure she'll have anything to contribute,she's always seemed a little flighty to me.But I'll tune in and give her a chance.:)

She already announced that she's releasing a new single called "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" :)

Cps235

I feel Mariah will be an amazing judge! Just to reiterate what Jason said, Mariah was amazing with those kids back in 2008, season 7. She gave constructive advice & was very comfortable in helping them perfect certain vocal notes. She is one of the greatest singer-songwriters of our time & I feel American Idol contestants will benefit from all that she has to offer to them.

chiefsfan

Mariah Carey New Idol Judge

It’s Official: Mariah Carey Joins ‘American Idol’ as New Judge | XFINITY TV Blog by Comcast

Fox confirmed Monday that singer Mariah Carey has been named a new judge on “American Idol.”
The official announcement came from Kevin Reilly, Fox Entertainment President, who was “thrilled” to open the Fox executive session at the Television Critics Annual Press Tour in Beverly Hills with the news.
Since the deal was concluded “only hours ago,” Reilly claims, Carey couldn't be on hand in person for the big announcement. Instead, the network executive called the singer from his cell phone on stage and put her on speaker phone in front of hundreds of reporters.
“Hello Mariah, we do have a deal, don’t we?” Reilly said. “Yes!”
“I’m so excited to be joining ‘Idol,’” Carey replied. “Really, I wanted to be there today but this all just kind of happened really quickly. Can’t wait to get started in a couple months.”
Carey’s salary demand is reportedly in the ballpark of $17 million (out-diva-in J.Lo’s $12 million paycheck), however, terms of Mariah’s contract were not revealed.
“Idol” judge Randy Jackson, who is Mariah’s co-manager, was “very instrumental” in making the deal, Reilly explained, although he declined to discuss the speculation surrounding Jackson’s future on the show. Following the recent departures of Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler after two seasons, rumors began to surface that Jackson was also considering leaving, or perhaps appearing next season in a different capacity.

Reilly also acknowledged that “American Idol” is “not the only game in town” these days, facing strong competition from “The Voice” and “The X Factor,” so revamping “Idol’s” judging panel once again is their first fix: “We need to get things fresh.”
While “Idol” is still on top in the ratings, the network exec conceded ratings were down from previous seasons (dropping as much as 23%) — but insists “the show is as vital as ever.”
“And we have the biggest names in the business who want this job,” he added.
With Mariah now locked in, that leaves one spot open at judges’ table. Fox hopes to have the other new judge signed soon, possibly as soon as two weeks.

“We went into this season being very transparent with everybody on the show … we had a dialogue with everybody on the bench,” Reilly explained of the judges’ panel turnover. “It was a great experience with both Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler, but we all decided it was time for change.”
Following the press conference, Mariah tweeted this follow-up:
“It’s gonna be so much fun working on @AmericanIdol. As a singer-songwriter, I’m excited to help find and nurture new talent.”
The new season of “American Idol” returns to Fox in January.

I think Mariah Carey will be a great judge on Idol and she may help their ratings.

teesharky

I am very excited about this. Now they just need a cool third judge and we are all set.

Mariah is certainly qualified to judge the vocals, that is for sure. ha ha

Audra

I feel Mariah will be an amazing judge! Just to reiterate what Jason said, Mariah was amazing with those kids back in 2008, season 7. She gave constructive advice & was very comfortable in helping them perfect certain vocal notes. She is one of the greatest singer-songwriters of our time & I feel American Idol contestants will benefit from all that she has to offer to them.

I agree. I remember when she was on Season 7 and how a great mentor she was and she helped them with her advice and help them be better during their performances that week

Mirasa45A

In my opinion, since Mariah has 2 babies at home and her career does not go anywhere lately, she agreed to become American Idol judge :):):):)

She wants American Idol to rejuvenate her career just like Jennifer Lopez :):)

HuiZ

I think she will be a good judge.

Plus.... even if she performs and promotes her album/songs.... at least she can really sing! :p

pklongbeach

I'm definately cool with this.
Not that she won't be a train wreck!
But I think it will have a little of the flavor of the old "Paula days".
Some great moments and some wacky ones.
IF you are looking for a jduge that knows the industry, knows how to sing, knows how to be a diva, knows how to stay relevant, knows how to engage an audience, and knows how to "be a Star". You can't do better than Mariah Carey.
I still think she will be a bit of a train wreck. But I think it will be in a good way.

And Yes, of course there will be "the huge push" for her. That has become a staple for these shows so it should not even be a consideration anymore (btw, I really hate that). But it is what it is.
You can't have a Super Star like Mariah on the panel without it being about her.
Lopez made it about her. Mariah will simply "be" and it will be about her.