Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MATT SORUM DM'd ME ON TWITTER

allamericangirl8

tumblr_m6qfw7oPJa1qm5jajo1_500.jpg

I tweeted him giving him kudos because his first show as Guns N' Roses' drummer was to play in front of 200,000 people at Rock in Rio II (back in 1991 lol) and he legit made, like, two mistakes (once during Knockin' on Heaven's Door during the sing-along when Axl was being lazy so it was really Axl's fault tbh, and once during Estranged when he almost moved two measures too early but recovered two beats later in a professional fashion) in the whole show, and he was perfect otherwise, and he had a coolass gong solo and I was, like, starstruck, so I thought I'd tweet him about it.

And he DM'd me back saying, "That was crazy."

HOW CUTE IS THAT HE CALLED IT CRAZY

I was just complaining about how my heroes never seem to notice me on Twitter and he DM'd me. Now, he may have been the ugliest gunner of the classic era (well, he was a step up from Dizzy Reed), but he was still awesome. Though his RIR II drum solo was better than his other drum solos because it was shorter and had this epic gong part.

Okay, I'm gonna go get some water before I pass out.

To recap, Matt Sorum is the guy who replaced Steven Adler (drummer of Guns N' Roses from '87-'90). He's the guy who drums on the Use Your Illusion and Spaghetti Incident tunes. Y'all would most certainly know November Rain, and you might know Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Don't Cry, and You Could Be Mine as well.

Yeah, that's right. He does the amazing drums on You Could Be Mine.

And he DM'd me.

Okay, I'll stop crying now.

PS: I personally think he's a lot better looking now. Probably because he's off drugs now. He's not in GN'R anymore unfortunately due to a falling out with Axl when Axl and the new rhythm guitarist Paul Huge laughed about a joke regarding Slash and Matt defended Slash. But STILL. This is so freaking cool. Now I need to get Duff and Steven to tweet me since Slash probably never will and Axl definitely never will.

Edit: He was also in Velvet Revolver and The Cult if that helps anybody out. And his drumming with Velvet Revolver was SO GOOD. His timbre was much improved from the compressed one he had when he was in Guns N' Roses. And hello, the drumming on songs like Fall to Pieces and Suckertrain Blues are THE HIGHLIGHTS of the songs, y'know, ignoring Scott Weiland's pretty dang amazing vocals and Slash's bluesy solos that were a notch below his Guns N' Roses solos but were still awesome. And Duff's Duff. We already know he pwns the world.

This almost makes up for the fact that I might not get to see Slash get his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame after all. Almost. Not quite. Okay, it doesn't, but it's still super cool and I'm still freaking out.