Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[May 21, 2019] Portland, OR MODA Center at Rose Garden

carebearcarrie

I’m going! I didn’t win a meet and greet unfortunately.. but I did enter The Champion Contest so fingers crossed!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liz278

I am going with my daughter and granddaughter. We came early because the traffic in Portland is horrible. Getting here early, my daughter and granddaughter were able to score some meet and greets with Maddie and Tae. They were hoping for Carrie, but this is a good thing!

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
carrieunderwood

Portland was AMAZING tonight! How did we get so lucky to be on that stage with a crowd like this? THANK YOU! �� #CryPrettyTour360 #Portland #Blessed ��: @_amandapyoung

6r1289.jpg

vhnuw.jpg

2a95dmx.jpg

[h=2]987thebull[/h]Every moment of the @carrieunderwood show in Portland was perfection. #cryprettytour360 .

28sy73b.jpg

21joo0p.jpg

maddkat

Staff member
@rytgxx
2h
@carrieunderwood NO, THANK YOU, YOU WERE INCREDIBLE
1f62d.png
1f495.png
1f64c-1f3fb.png
twitter.com/carrieunderwoo…

D7KDASoV4AAG0nH.jpg:large

@giblets71

@carrieunderwood

Amazing show! One of the best voices in country music history!
2764.png
Third time seeing you in PDX, will go everytime! So inspiring!

D7J4_MWUIAI0fV3.jpg:large

@cheyanneseeley
4h
@carrieunderwood one of the best concerts I’ve been to and I’ve been to a lot! Love Carrie so much!!!

D7K3I6zXsAAD7WB.jpg:large
[FONT=&quot] @MorningHangover 2m2 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now playing on @MorningHangover #InstaStory @carrieunderwood #CryPrettyWorldTour stop in #Portland with @maddieandtae and @runawayjuneofficial #FromThePit! #CarrieUnderwood #CryPretty #MaddieAndTae #RunawayJune #CountryMusic #CountryConcerts #Music #LiveMusic #Concerts
[/FONT]

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
blog review - https://www.portlandmercury.com/blo...live-review-carrie-underwoods-cry-pretty-tour

If you were to check my browser history after I attended the Carrie Underwood concert last night, you would have noticed I was putting a lot of effort into finding cowgirl boots and a plus-size jean skirt. While my knowledge of country music is limited, I know a creative genius and a good time when I see one. I told my friends who joined me that as long as she played both “Cowboy Casanova,” and “Before He Cheats,” my entire night would be made. I’ve spent many mornings in the shower belting out both of those songs, so I knew that as soon as I heard the opening notes I would immediately stand up and begin stomping my feet.We arrived right as the first opener appeared: a band named Runaway June. I’ve always felt that being the opener for such a big act would put an obscene amount of pressure on anyone, but after watching these three ladies perform, I was convinced they had been doing it for years. They were full of joy, and seemed amazed to be performing on such a stage. Their songs were full of positivity and, even though I didn’t research them beforehand, I immediately knew I would go home and download their music, which I did.

When the second opener, a duo named Maddie and Tae, appeared, the teenaged girls behind me screamed, shouting about how they loved them so much. After Maddie began singing, all the ladies in the audience began swaying in their seats, clutching their drinks and their best friend’s hand. It felt surprisingly intimate, despite the fact that the show was nearly sold out. My friend, Savannah, remarked that I would really enjoy their song “Girl in a Country Song,” and I really did. It reminded me of “Stupid Girls” by P!nk, a pop song that also pokes fun at women. “Girl in a Country Song” still seems to poke fun at this stereotype, but instead of joking about the women themselves, it appeared as though they were actually mocking the men who sing these songs and create these stereotypes. It had a very feminist vibe, which I also enjoyed. By the time their set ended, I had downloaded a couple of their songs to my phone, my favorite being “Tourist in This Town,” which brought up emotions for me regarding a previous breakup, when I felt like I couldn’t go to the same places I normally went to because we used to go there as a couple and it felt too much like a walk down memory lane. Not a bad one, or a good one per se, but one that felt like shedding skin.

When Carrie Underwood appeared, the crowd welcomed her with earth-shattering screams and wide open arms. I’ve seen her perform on television, but seeing her live in person was a completely different experience. Underwood's voice is unbelievable, and she held notes that stunned me. Her first costume, a silver dress that sparkled and gleamed with every twist and turn, was a stunner as well; Carrie Underwood came to slay.

She also didn’t hesitate to play one of my favorite songs. Usually when I go to concerts, I check out the set list beforehand, because I’m nosy and I like beating the crowd to leave. I didn’t for this show, and let me tell you: When the opening notes for “Cowboy Casanova” began, the crowd went silent. My friend Katie poked me, and I screamed “OH MY GOD, SHE DIDN’T!” Did I know every word? Absolutely. I didn’t come to play. I think by the time the song came to an end, my own voice was already gone. I would just shake my head whenever I was asked a question because I wasn’t going to risk talking anymore.

The tour mainly focused on the new album, Cry Pretty, with a few older hits sprinkled in. One of my favorite moments was when she sang a song called “The Champion,” and brought out a friend of hers: a woman whose husband was deployed, and her young daughter. The woman sang a few lines, and her voice was beautiful. After the song ended, there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. I looked over and Katie was sobbing herself. She later told me she was thinking about her brother who is currently deployed. Hearing that story and seeing my friend in a vulnerable state brought tears to my own eyes. I think that that’s the best part about attending shows with another person: There’s usually a moment where someone opens their heart and shows you a part of themselves you might not have seen otherwise. Music does that, and seeing everyone sing the same song at the top of their lungs was a very pure moment.By the time the show ended, Underwood, Runaway June, and Maddie and Tae all came together to sing tributes to the women who paved the way for them in the country music world. The audience knew every song and sang them proudly. (I swayed side to side, attempting to mouth along.) They ended their group performance with “Man! I Feel Like a Woman,” a song that's been on repeat in my mind since earlier this year. This is my official "yee-haw" song. Whenever I hear Shania Twain say “Let’s go girls,” I stop whatever I’m doing and follow her into the dark. Whatever Shania wants, Shania gets.

Underwood closed out the show with “Before He Cheats,” a song I had been anticipating. Every woman stood up and belted the lyrics out; the audience was a sea of heartache. I turned to Katie and we joined hands, shouting out our emotions in the audience. I was close to tears at this point and I was welcoming them.There wasn’t a moment when I wasn’t glad to be there, screaming until my voice gave out. The visuals were excellent as well. I don’t know what the materials were, but there were sheets hanging from the ceiling that showcased images that tied into the song. There was one moment where the images were photos from Underwood’s Instagram, showing her happy and smiling family, including her newest son, Jacob, who was born earlier this year. In a way, it humanized Underwood. Is she one of the greatest singers of all time? Yes, I’d say so. But is she still a woman doing her best and trying to find happiness in this world? Also yes. She can be both.
All in all, this show exceeded my expectations. I looked at Katie and told her that I was officially Southern now and would be making my way down that Old Town Road any day now. She doesn’t believe me, but I already know that just because this was my first country concert doesn’t mean it will be my last.
1558585606-carrieunderwood_ralphlarmann_3.jpg