Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[May 31, 2019] Saskatoon, SK SaskTel Centre

txacar

Angie Rolheiser

How bout @carrieunderwood for your first concert!? #saskatoon

D78auQIXoAEyQn_.jpg

Countryfan2448

Tourism Saskatoon
@VisitSaskatoon

Another amazing concert
@SaskTelCtr
...this time
@carrieunderwood
visited us, and blew us all away with her incredible talent. #saskatooning
D78x-QGXkAAfGM9

SaskTel Centre
@SaskTelCtr
·
1h

Tonight’s show was sparkling spectacular!!

Thank you
@carrieunderwood

@runawayjune
and
@maddieandtae

rick.elvin @ SaskTel Centre
(link: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByJ_A_RnpuT/?igshid=fkxaf8q93xt7)
instagram.com/p/ByJ_A_RnpuT/…

Countryfan2448

Hannah Fisowich
@hannahfisowichh
·
2h

i knew how much
@carrieunderwood
inspired me before this show, but after tonight in Saskatoon, she made me love her SO much more.
@carrieunderwood
you’re truly magical. thank you for kind heart and showing us that you really love what you do!
@SaskTelCtr
D783T5NXoAAGnsN

maddkat

Staff member
@gamble_sydney

Thank you @carrieunderwood! This was the best night ever! I can’t even explain anything, it was just amazing! Thanks for this amazing unreal performance. You see I was nervous and shaking until I went on stage, it all stopped.

@BeforeHeCheatss

I’m a proud sister of @gamble_sydney thanks @carrieunderwood for doing this for her! I’m still in shock from it

@VisitSaskatoon
5h
Another amazing concert @SaskTelCtr...this time @carrieunderwood visited us, and blew us all away with her incredible talent. #saskatooning

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByJ_A_RnpuT/

D79NXobVsAc9V5C.jpg:large

D79NYH9UIAEuIWo.jpg:large

D79NYlpV4AADJhv.jpg:large

D79NZG7UIAAW4uc.jpg:large

Smokyiiis

https://thestarphoenix.com/news/loc...ntre-with-vocals-stage-presence-and-fireworks

ADJUSTCOMMENTPRINT
Carrie Underwood charmed the crowd in Saskatoon on Friday night, bringing her signature powerhouse vocals and a stage show full of fireworks, projector screens and glitter.
Underwood brought her Cry Pretty Tour 360 to SaskTel Centre, in support of her sixth studio album of the same name. This marks the fourth time Underwood has made a stop in Saskatoon for a headlining tour.
It is still fairly rare to have a concert lineup made up of all female acts, let alone a lineup of six powerful women in the country music scene. But with her, Underwood brought opening acts Maddie & Tae and Runaway June, with all six women exuding power and confidence as they walked and danced across the stage with all of their glitter and glamour.
Runaway June, out of Nashville, TN, opened the show with anthems of empowerment like “loving somebody who ruins your lipstick, not your mascara,” and reinforcing that they’re able to “buy (their) own drinks.” Afterwards, Maddie & Tae’s melodic vocals came together in a duet rivalling the power of Underwood’s own vocals.
The stage itself was set up in what can only be described as a catwalk, forming half a circle through the middle of the floor — complete with rising platforms for the performers to go on and off stage. However, the one downside to the stage shape was inevitably being forced to watch the backs of the singers or the projector screens for full songs. This issue was somewhat remedied by all the performers continuously moving around the stage, and during Underwood’s performance, the addition of screens all across the stage.
Before Underwood’s appearance on stage, the added projector screens came down and surrounded the stage, showing a swirl of pink flower petals and fireworks, as well as a slightly too close projection of Underwood’s eyes.
For Underwood’s entrance, she rose from the middle of the stage, soaring above the crowd with ‘Southbound.’ Throughout the night, Underwood performed hits like ‘Jesus Take the Wheel’ and ‘Before He Cheats,’ as well as ‘Two Black Cadillacs,’ and ‘Something in the Water.’
Between songs, Underwood mentioned the 14 years that have passed since she won American Idol in 2005, as well as acknowledging two of her bandmates who had been with her since the beginning. From there, they launched into an emotional medley of songs they don’t get to perform often in a bid to “walk down memory lane,” including ‘Temporary Home,’ ‘See You Again,’ ‘I Know You Won’t,’ ‘Just a Dream,’ and Underwood’s rendition of Aerosmith’s ‘Dream On.’
Underwood’s stage presence also deserves praise, as it perfectly accompanied the power she has in her voice. And though they were not necessarily needed — since Underwood can certainly hold her own on stage with only her voice — props like a blood red lounge chair and an old school microphone used during ‘Drinking Alone;’ the various platforms across the stage which brought Underwood rising above the crowd; and her multiple glittery costumes only continued to enhance Underwood’s stage performance, making for a great night of country music in Saskatoon.

Love this review especially the last paragraph because she used to be labeled as “stiff” with communication with audiences and she lost that ages ago. She’s so warm and open