Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike Fisher

Hil

I don’t think her career is in jeopardy. John Legend and Chrissy Tiegen for example. His career was not damaged because of her past Twitter comments. Carrie’s career has not taken a hit at all. Let him think what he wants.
You're right. Media and social media hate mob make it feel suffocating at times. She's stayed out of controversy her whole career, I don't think some of us are used to it when it comes to Carrie. Everyone has the right to their opinion.

oldyfan

Respectfully, I find it odd that Mike's background in professional hockey makes him a public health expert with more credibility than the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the FDA, the National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization (just to name a very limited few). I think he should stick to hockey and hunting and leave the vaccine commentary to experts. I would argue that in matters of public health, not everyone's "opinion" is equal.
I’m fully vaccinated ( no booster), a close family member (81) died after getting Covid in the hospital, and my husband had Covid after fully being vaccinated, I totally support Mike on this issue. People should be able decide if they want to take a vaccine or not. Personally, I would not give this to children, period. The FDA said there is no data for long term medical issues. I believe they should have made this available to older adults and over 40 could havemade the decision for themselves on the vaccination.

oldyfan

Few know anything about this vaccine, including the CDC and the FDA. There is very little data, and no long term Info. By the way, everyone can read for themselves the little info that is available…telling people they should stay silent is just silly. people have a right to discuss and make informed opinions for themselves.

liz278

^^^Yeah both of them have to earn their way off the crap list.

The thing is that I am sure that there are more artists who are like Mike, but no one is giving them crap. Well except the RS article that gave Jason crap, but they didn't like the performance either.

Reactions: Hil

FanSince04

Yea, all she's getting is constant hate on socials and in articles saying she was giving bad looks to luke. Luke is forever on my crap list, so is David Wild.
I disagree. The performance and her outfits are getting positive reviews. I have seen two articles that talk about her look, but it is more in relation to Mike’s tweet about Aaron Rodgers. I don’t think many people take the CMA’s to heart or watch for that matter. I’m not sweating this. It’d be hypocritical if I didn’t because Carrie and Brad poked fun at Taylor multiple times, Obama, Trump, Kanye, and many others. I don’t even think Luke writes his own monologue and the producers/person operating the camera panned to her. All part of how it goes.

Hil

I disagree. The performance and her outfits are getting positive reviews. I have seen two articles that talk about her look, but it is more in relation to Mike’s tweet about Aaron Rodgers. I don’t think many people take the CMA’s to heart or watch for that matter. I’m not sweating this. It’d be hypocritical if I didn’t because Carrie and Brad poked fun at Taylor multiple times, Obama, Trump, Kanye, and many others. I don’t even think Luke writes his own monologue and the producers/person operating the camera panned to her. All part of how it goes.
Their monologues were always in good fun and never sent a hate mob after someone. If anything the political ones gave themselves hate from one side or the other. There's a huge difference there. Sure, there are a few articles about the song and her look, but most are about her giving "side-eye" to luke bryan, which she didn't. She just looked super uncomfortable. So much so that when he announced her name for EOTY she was still nervous and acting off her game. Sure, Mike did that himself, but I didn't think her friends would take cheap shots at her.

mbh

I cannot find Mike's Thread! So, I will just post this here. You can delete if this is not in the right place. I saw this commercial on television ... they are using Mike's "Number 12 and his uniform in Nashville Predators" as a SYMBOL of "HUMANKINDESS". "CHI Franciscan Health" is a network of hospitals. CLICK and watch: