Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike Fisher

PRGuy79

Why does there even have to be this debate? There is no wrong or right. One person shouldn’t be able to say “I’m right , the vaccine is safe everyone has to get it and if you don’t you’re a terrible horrible person” (people are saying awful things about Carrie online) , just as someone shouldn’t say “nobody get the vaccine”. To each their own. And if someone disagrees- so what?
But there is truth versus fiction (aka conspiracy theories). That is not up for debate. Unfortunately, facts are being doubted because so much misinformation goes unchecked. Posts like Mike's don't help with that. It is one thing if people make a decision based on truth/facts. The problem is that many are being willfully misled in a post-truth political environment and that is scary and sad. We can't have a legitimate debate if people aren't operating with facts as a guide.

CU4ever

But there is truth versus fiction (aka conspiracy theories). That is not up for debate. Unfortunately, facts are being doubted because so much misinformation goes unchecked. Posts like Mike's don't help with that. It is one thing if people make a decision based on truth/facts. The problem is that many are being willfully misled in a post-truth political environment and that is scary and sad. We can't have a legitimate debate if people aren't operating with facts as a guide.
Respectfully, this is your opinion. People who disagree with you would have their own truth/facts they agree upon. Thinking people are being misled indicates your think there is only one right answer and that anything disagreeing with it is Misinformation. Someone like Mike could say things you think are truth is misinformation. And to be fair - there are things in Mike’s post one could back up with “facts”. One side cannot say anything they do not believe is a conspiracy theory. But the point of my post was there doesn’t need to be this debate. Mike can post what he wants without being slandered (Like now Carrie is) if that is what he believes. There is no wrong or right. And this is all coming from someone who was voluntarily vaccinated. My point was it should be a live and let live. People are now attacking Carrie and saying horrible things about her because they think she has an opinion they disagree with. That’s not going to sit right with me. To each their own. Their body, their choice.

liz278

It's not an experimental drug. It has been approved by the FDA and administered to hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Please stop with the Q'Anon conspiracy theories.
Then if I have a bad reaction to the vaccine I can sue the drug company? When it was under emergency use no one could sue Pfizer.

PRGuy79

Respectfully, this is your opinion. People who disagree with you would have their own truth/facts they agree upon. Thinking people are being misled indicates your think there is only one right answer and that anything disagreeing with it is Misinformation. Someone like Mike could say things you think are truth is misinformation. And to be fair - there are things in Mike’s post one could back up with “facts”. One side cannot say anything they do not believe is a conspiracy theory. But the point of my post was there doesn’t need to be this debate. Mike can post what he wants without being slandered (Like now Carrie is) if that is what he believes. There is no wrong or right. And this is all coming from someone who was voluntarily vaccinated. My point was it should be a live and let live. People are now attacking Carrie and saying horrible things about her because they think she has an opinion they disagree with. That’s not going to sit right with me. To each their own. Their body, their choice.
Respectfully, I find it odd that Mike's background in professional hockey makes him a public health expert with more credibility than the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the FDA, the National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization (just to name a very limited few). I think he should stick to hockey and hunting and leave the vaccine commentary to experts. I would argue that in matters of public health, not everyone's "opinion" is equal.

adam1995

Then get another job somewhere else if you don't like your employer's mandate. But the employer also has a right to issue the mandate to protect their employees from selfish people who only care about themselves.
Well when the federal government wants every employer to do that, where are you going to work?

Imagine a company saying we don’t want anyone taking time off, so if you get pregnant you have to abort the baby, it’s the rule. That wouldn’t go over to well.

adam1995

It's not an experimental drug. It has been approved by the FDA and administered to hundreds of millions of people worldwide. Please stop with the Q'Anon conspiracy theories.
Please stop with the Fauci lines. He has been a proven liar already regarding gain of function, mask effectiveness and he has funded the torture of puppies.

CU4ever

Respectfully, I find it odd that Mike's background in professional hockey makes him a public health expert with more credibility than the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the FDA, the National Institutes of Health and the World Health Organization (just to name a very limited few). I think he should stick to hockey and hunting and leave the vaccine commentary to experts. I would argue that in matters of public health, not everyone's "opinion" is equal.
Who said that? No one said he was a health expert lol. Furthermore, Mike is a person like you and me sharing how he felt about something. I don’t think it’s good to say essentially he should “shut up”. Also, judging by the fact that Mike is a retired hockey player, nobody is taking his *opinion* as commentary as 1% of the public saw it. So yeah - his opinion isn’t equal as very few people even saw it. It’s not like he’s a politician. And considering how you and I are not health experts, then we cannot tell a group of people what is true; wrong, and right.

PRGuy79

Please stop with the Fauci lines. He has been a proven liar already regarding gain of function, mask effectiveness and he has funded the torture of puppies.
I'm sorry that you find the Q'Anon Shaiman more credible than a world-renowned scientist (who is just one of a legion of respected and reputable scientists who are in agreement on the dangers of COVID and the effectiveness of the vaccines). The vast majority of the scientific community is in agreement.

PRGuy79

Who said that? No one said he was a health expert lol. Furthermore, Mike is a person like you and me sharing how he felt about something. I don’t think it’s good to say essentially he should “shut up”. Also, judging by the fact that Mike is a retired hockey player, nobody is taking his *opinion* as commentary as 1% of the public saw it. So yeah - his opinion isn’t equal as very few people even saw it. It’s not like he’s a politician. And considering how you and I are not health experts, then we cannot tell a group of people what is true; wrong, and right.
Nobody said he should 'shut up', but he shouldn't be surprised when his factually inaccurate comments draw well-deserved criticism. It will come with the territory - and unfortunately he is involving Carrie in the criticism by default. It is an unfortunate choice - but one they both should have been prepared for when they chose to weigh in.

PRGuy79

Actually, by educating ourselves about what public health experts are saying, and then choosing to relay that information instead of what a hockey player says, we can actually share helpful information during a pandemic. It matters who we listen to.

CU4ever

Nobody said he should 'shut up', but he shouldn't be surprised when his factually inaccurate comments draw well-deserved criticism. It will come with the territory - and unfortunately he is involving Carrie in the criticism by default. It is an unfortunate choice - but one they both should have been prepared for when they chose to weigh in.
1st bold- No, not factually incorrect. It is your opinion that they are incorrect. And well deserved criticism? That is not a nice thing to say at all. Attacks and hatred, vile things being said to someone is well-deserved? Geez. How did our society get this way? If this was any other issue...

2nd bold- That sounds like we are some dystopian society where if someone dares to say something that you disagree with, then they deserve to be attacked and treated terrible for an opinion. I'm sure they were prepared for criticism, because in our world not 100% of the people have the same opinion. And they are allowed to share their valid ideas. If someone disagrees, they shouldn't even pay it a second thought. And despite the criticism, they have received a lot of positive attention from people who share their same ideas.

CU4ever

Actually, by educating ourselves about what public health experts are saying, and then choosing to relay that information instead of what a hockey player says, we can actually share helpful information during a pandemic. It matters who we listen to.
"leave the vaccine commentary to experts"

+ no one is listening to a "hockey player" - as I said, his reach is incredibly small.

adam1995

I'm sorry that you find the Q'Anon Shaiman more credible than a world-renowned scientist (who is just one of a legion of respected and reputable scientists who are in agreement on the dangers of COVID and the effectiveness of the vaccines). The vast majority of the scientific community is in agreement.
You’re literally the only one who brought up QAnon, sounds like you have a soft spot, lol. Ironically enough, I am vaccinated, just not self righteous about it.

Just follow your puppy killer and don’t worry about the rest of us.

adam1995

But, they don’t seem to respond to the criticism, thus don’t appear surprised or unprepared for criticism. The only people upset are only some fans who are mad they think differently than them.

CU4ever

But, they don’t seem to respond to the criticism, thus don’t appear surprised or unprepared for criticism. The only people upset are only some fans who are mad they think differently than them.
Yeah, and honestly, largely this is not even fans of Carrie or Mike's who are mad. The general Twitter public who get mad when anyone else has a different opinion than them, despite the topic.

PRGuy79

You’re literally the only one who brought up QAnon, sounds like you have a soft spot, lol. Ironically enough, I am vaccinated, just not self righteous about it.

Just follow your puppy killer and don’t worry about the rest of us.
A classic example of stooping really low when you've lost an argument and have nothing of substance left to say. Thanks, Adam.

jbrown

It is, they experimented them on people without knowing the long term effects. Pfizer said it is approved but if you research deeper, it is still under experimental drug until they are able to hand in the full disclosure of all the ingredients and effects which they were given a time line. And what we were discussing is violating people‘s rights and freedom of choice and labour code rights. There will be lots of consequences later per Nuremberg code. Ignorance is no defence.