Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mindy MCCready Shot & Killed Herself Tonight! :(

bearball49

I loved her ten thousand angels album....still have it. What troubles me most is the children. From a family experience, I do know since the children are by different fathers, they will be split up. I knew the older boy was scheduled for a custody battle to be returned to Florida to his dad. I had a cousin who did the same thing and she had three kids by three fathers. Those children went from a bonded, loving family to three separate only children with mental health issues.

maddkat

Staff member
Wow,I was shocked when I saw this. What a tragic life she lead.
I hope she's found some peace.

thaifood

I got this photo of Mindy at CAM Fest in 2010. RIP pretty girl.

ry%3D480

CarrieVille09

Such a sad ending for this country stars life :( so sad

Ten Thousands Angels watch over her family and help them threw all this !!!!

gocountrymusic

Rehab should never be put on TV. It's counterproductive to its purpose with the psychological aspects of addiction. This really is a sad story. She had a rough life and my heart breaks for the children. RIP Mindy

pklongbeach

Rehab should never be put on TV. It's counterproductive to its purpose with the psychological aspects of addiction. This really is a sad story. She had a rough life and my heart breaks for the children. RIP Mindy
I completely agree with this!! ITs pathetic and sad that these shows exist and that they get ratings.
But the truth is, it is each persons choice to participate.

I see the Future for Whitney Houstons daughter filled with the same confusion of "celebrity" mixing with reality and finding no real help or solice in the people around her who can not see her as anything but the celebrity that exists on the surface.

Poor mindy.
Poor ffamily.
Poor us for watching such negative living when we could be focusing on the joy that comes when we seek joy.

teesharky

I just downloaded a couple songs of hers today. Her latest album was great! Not sure why it was ignored in 2010? guess country radio was too busy pimping SWSRN or something. Hmmm.

It irks me as she put out a great album called "I'm still here"-- and it got great reviews but not radio play. So yet another disappointment for her, which could have made her feel like her career was over too, and she had nothing. Very sad-- as she had alot of great songs to sing.

She covered "The Dance" on her last album and it was haunting.

CrazyDreams1818

I just downloaded a couple songs of hers today. Her latest album was great! Not sure why it was ignored in 2010? guess country radio was too busy pimping SWSRN or something. Hmmm.

It irks me as she put out a great album called "I'm still here"-- and it got great reviews but not radio play. So yet another disappointment for her, which could have made her feel like her career was over too, and she had nothing. Very sad-- as she had alot of great songs to sing.

She covered "The Dance" on her last album and it was haunting.

Wouldn't be a Carrie Fans thread without Taylor being mentioned.

RIP Mindy.

carrieismy1idol

This Is An Awful Tragedy,She Was A Talented & Beautiful Woman,My Prayers Go Out To Her Family,Friends & Fans,R.I.P.Mindy McCready!

bearball49

I know it is up to the courts, but I was happy to see that the father of Mindy's oldest boy would like to keep the children together. The baby's father is the one that recently died, but there are probably grandparents in the mix. I hope the family court judge looks at what is best and tries to take a chance on giving these children a family and hopefully allow them to heal. They will certainly be in my prayers.

gaycarebear

Her last phone call was recorded.

The day before her tragic death, country singer Mindy McCready had an emotional conversation with Danno Hanks, her private investigator and friend who taped their phone calls.

Just over a month ago, David Wilson, McCready's boyfriend and the father of her second child, died of a gunshot wound, and in this exclusive audio clip E! News obtained from the country singer's last recorded conversation with Hanks, she recounts the experience of finding Wilson dead in his Heber Springs, Ark. home.

"He was lying on the ground with his brains all over the floor," McCready says. "And then I held him and I kissed him and I told him I forgave him. And I said, 'David, none of this means anything. You didn't have to do this. Please, don't die. Please. We love you so much. Please don't die.'"

Though it was reported that the gunshot wound that killed Wilson was self-inflicted, local and state authorities are still trying to piece together what happened before they put the case to bed and the County Sheriff refused to confirm or deny if McCready was a suspect.

Mindy McCready Taped Final Conversation: Singer Details Finding Boyfriend David Wilson Dead in His Home | E! Online

Carrieflattsfan

Her last phone call was recorded.

The day before her tragic death, country singer Mindy McCready had an emotional conversation with Danno Hanks, her private investigator and friend who taped their phone calls.

Just over a month ago, David Wilson, McCready's boyfriend and the father of her second child, died of a gunshot wound, and in this exclusive audio clip E! News obtained from the country singer's last recorded conversation with Hanks, she recounts the experience of finding Wilson dead in his Heber Springs, Ark. home.

"He was lying on the ground with his brains all over the floor," McCready says. "And then I held him and I kissed him and I told him I forgave him. And I said, 'David, none of this means anything. You didn't have to do this. Please, don't die. Please. We love you so much. Please don't die.'"

Though it was reported that the gunshot wound that killed Wilson was self-inflicted, local and state authorities are still trying to piece together what happened before they put the case to bed and the County Sheriff refused to confirm or deny if McCready was a suspect.

Mindy McCready Taped Final Conversation: Singer Details Finding Boyfriend David Wilson Dead in His Home | E! Online

This whole situation is so heartbreaking. Mindy was a troubled woman, but it seemed like she was beyond the point of receiving help many times.

I can't imagine the turmoil her family is going through, especially now that it's coming to light that Mindy may have been close to being named a suspect in her ex-boyfriends death. Sadly, I wouldn't dismiss anything at this point, especially if Mindy killed herself and her boyfriends dog.

Her family will probably know the true story, which has to be as hurtful as knowing that Mindy is gone.

Just a terrible situation. My heart breaks for those poor little boys, too.

epicamends

I just don't understand why she was released from the mental health facility after only one day. You can't really tell if someone like that is mentally stable after such a short period of time. There were so many warning signs about what she was about to do.

teesharky

^ This is the main problem with our country right now: our mental health system. They release people way too early from inpatient, and then they relapse and hurt themselves or others. They are way too concerned with liability or insurance or $$ then in helping people.

Same with all the mass shooters lately: mental health system fails them. They turn 18, so their parents cannot force them to take meds or go to treatment anymore as they are adults. So they slip through the system's cracks, and go off their meds....go crazy, and kill children in schools. It is not about guns being too available: it is about getting them the treatment they need when they turn 18.

Most of the recent mass shooters were young males around age 20, all mentally disturbed loaners. Even the Virginia Tech student was mentally ill as is evidenced by the dark twisted plays he wrote and his roomates, etc-- yet no one did anything. He slipped through the cracks.

We need to change our mental health system to give people the help they need, even if they refuse treatment-- in some situations.

Mindy would still be alive today if that institution had not released her too soon. I feel convinced of that.

Carrieflattsfan

^ This is the main problem with our country right now: our mental health system. They release people way too early from inpatient, and then they relapse and hurt themselves or others. They are way too concerned with liability or insurance or $$ then in helping people.

Same with all the mass shooters lately: mental health system fails them. They turn 18, so their parents cannot force them to take meds or go to treatment anymore as they are adults. So they slip through the system's cracks, and go off their meds....go crazy, and kill children in schools. It is not about guns being too available: it is about getting them the treatment they need when they turn 18.

Most of the recent mass shooters were young males around age 20, all mentally disturbed loaners. Even the Virginia Tech student was mentally ill as is evidenced by the dark twisted plays he wrote and his roomates, etc-- yet no one did anything. He slipped through the cracks.

We need to change our mental health system to give people the help they need, even if they refuse treatment-- in some situations.

Mindy would still be alive today if that institution had not released her too soon. I feel convinced of that.

Exactly, Tee.

Mindy needed help, and there's absolutely no reason she should've been released after one day. It's unbelievable to think employees at a mental health facility would allow such a thing, especially knowing the extremely fragile state some of these patients are in.

It's sad to think Mindy tried to get help so many times through the years, but nothing seemed to be enough.

I completely agree something more needs to be done to help those suffering from mental illness, too. I feel like some of the stigma surrounding it has died down a bit, but so many people (or people around them), are in denial or think they are "cured" after such a short time that it does nothing. Most of these people need extensive treatment and therapy, but for whatever reason, a lot of people who need it are receiving it. Perhaps it has to do with several issues (money, resources, denial, etc), but I do believe there is STILL more we can do, and it needs to be done now.

AdamJ

My best wishes go out to those little boys left behind without a Mother--and then in later years told how their Mother died. What a tragedy. A patient (legal age) can sign themselves out of an institution. If the courts make a patient go to a facility they have to stay as long as the courts state they have to stay. My opinion is that Mindy signed herself out and walked away and there was nothing that anyone could do at that point. Sad that she felt the only way to solve things was to take her life. Mental illness is rampant in the world and something really needs to be done to curb it. Sometimes drugs and alcohol are components to the mental state of a patient---like a time bomb that could go off at any time.