Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert - Wildcard Era

BlownAway14

I looked at the credits of Wildcard and I found out that It All Comes Out, Mess With My Head, Way Too Pretty, Fire Escape and Track Record were from 2018.
I don't know if it's a writing error or if these were actually recorded in 2018. Her other albums don't have that except Kerosene where every song is from 2004.
Or were they meant to be released in 2018 and Miranda pushed the album back and kept these songs.

lizcarlo

The video is okay. Miranda looked gorgeous. Love Blue song. Its such lovely song. I'm happy she released it as single.

jaymiee

I think bluebird is my favorite Miranda song. Alone with Vice and Mamas Broken Heart.

It's so hard for me to like like her songs because of how over awarded she has been over Carrie lol but her giving Carrie support for EOTY changed my mind

lizcarlo

I do like this cd more. I do like pretty much all the songs except Way Too Pretty For Prison. Its only song I can't get into. When I listen to Holy Water it just reinforces how well she does country soulful songs. I would really like for her to do nothing but soulful and alternative songs on cd one day. Fire Escape is such lovely song. I really like Dark Bars and Track Record. Locomotive is such great high energy song. Tequila Does is career best for me from Miranda. Its such unique song all the way through. She is such talented writer. In my opinion Miranda is one of the most talented writes not just for country genre but in music in general.

Farawayhills

Miranda played an acoustic version of Bluebird for the Tonight with Jimmy Fallon show recently. She recorded it in the Nook, a room in her house where she does a lot of her writing. She dedicated the performance to the health and grocery workers who are keeping essential services running during the emergency.

lizcarlo

Miranda played an acoustic version of Bluebird for the Tonight with Jimmy Fallon show recently. She recorded it in the Nook, a room in her house where she does a lot of her writing. She dedicated the performance to the health and grocery workers who are keeping essential services running during the emergency.

love this performance. her angelic Ooh, ooh is so gorgeous.

Momin

Interestingly, this may not be Miranda's intention but the "oohs" remind me of the ones on Tin Man. That's also a song she performed acoustic quite a lot. Those "oohs" were melancholic and mournful. These "oohs" sound content and at peace with whatever has passed, much like the overall vibe and message of Bluebird.

jaymiee

Listened to Wildcard again (inbetween streaming DA of course) but Bluebird is definetly my Fav song on the album. I think it will for sure be her #1

Although i noticed a lot of lyrics I thought were interesting....kind of poking at Carrie in a way?

The first one is in "Too pretty for Prison" I believe its actually Maren who sings "I aint Thelma and you aint Louise" made me instantly think of the picture of Carrie and Miranda with the Thelma and Louise shirts on....what is she really trytin to say lol?

And the other on Locomotive Miranda sings" I aint no Napa Valley" which I remember Carrie saying Napa Valley is one of her top 5 places to visit lol

Probably nothing to do with Carrie but....subtle shade towards her? (clearly quarantine and no new updates from Carrie is making me nuts)

Listened to Wildcard again (inbetween streaming DA of course) but Bluebird is definetly my Fav song on the album. I think it will for sure be her #1

Although i noticed a lot of lyrics I thought were interesting....kind of poking at Carrie in a way?

The first one is in "Too pretty for Prison" I believe its actually Maren who sings "I aint Thelma and you aint Louise" made me instantly think of the picture of Carrie and Miranda with the Thelma and Louise shirts on....what is she really trytin to say lol?

And the other on Locomotive Miranda sings" I aint no Napa Valley" which I remember Carrie saying Napa Valley is one of her top 5 places to visit lol

Probably nothing to do with Carrie but....subtle shade towards her? (clearly quarantine and no new updates from Carrie is making me nuts)

Hmmm I never even thought of those points but as a hardcore Carrie fan I’m able to connect them now that you said that. Especially because they definitely were the Thelma and Louise duo. In terms of you bringing up subtle shade, that image of Miranda holding the “Carrie Who?” sign at one of her concerts is what I first thought of lol.

lolita55

Hmmm I never even thought of those points but as a hardcore Carrie fan I’m able to connect them now that you said that. Especially because they definitely were the Thelma and Louise duo. In terms of you bringing up subtle shade, that image of Miranda holding the “Carrie Who?” sign at one of her concerts is what I first thought of lol.

It would make no sense for Miranda to shade Carrie. They may be different artists, but she is not more country that Carrie. They both grew up in rural areas, and Carrie grew up on a farm. The only difference is that Carrie seems to be more religious.

Momin

Honestly if we start reading into lyrics by every country artist this way and relating them to the lyrics of another artist, everybody would be shading everybody. No point in starting feuds where they don't exist.

Honestly if we start reading into lyrics by every country artist this way and relating them to the lyrics of another artist, everybody would be shading everybody. No point in starting feuds where they don't exist.

Haha I don’t think anyone is being serious about them having a feud because Miranda especially recently has been super supportive towards Carrie, and Carrie refers to Miranda as a friend. Those lyrics just seem coincidental lol.

jaymiee

yeah wasn't trying to start anything and obviously Miranda publicly advocated for Carrie for EOTY but those lyrics seemed very specific lol...I could see Marren throwing shade something about her seems off to me...