Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert - Wildcard Era

Momin

Posting this here since Miranda is at #1 this week:

#1 Miranda Lambert - "Bluebird"
#5 Maddie & Tae - "Die From a Broken Heart"
#9 Reba McEntire & Hilary Scott (with Thomas Rhett) - "Be a Light"
#12 Ashley McBryde - "One Night Standards"
#22 Lauren Alaina (with Hardy) - "One Beer"
#32 Lauren Alaina - "Getting Good"
#37 Tenille Arts - "Somebody Like That" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX-S5dwsTVA)
#41 Kelsea Ballerini - "Hole in a Bottle" (one of my favourite Ballerini songs so far)
#42 Maren Morris - "To Hell and Back"
#49 Runaway June - "We Were Rich"

Notes:
- Super happy for Miranda getting a No.1 song!!!
- Super happy for Maddie & Tae reaching the Top 5!
- Super happy for Runaway June making their debut with their new single with their changed lineup!

lizcarlo

https://people.com/country/miranda-lambert-upcoming-scripted-podcast-make-it-up-as-we-go/?fbclid=IwAR2NaeBlxjCrwxFibPRgHdHO72EwfLCRSwPSE71I UvhwsCpJtJipfgR-4K0

Miranda Lambert Talks Upcoming Scripted Podcast Make It Up as We Go, Glamping with Her Husband

Throughout all of the highs and lows, though, Lambert has always managed to stay true to herself thanks to her support system.

"I was raised in Texas and always had my parents as strong female and male role models in my life," she says. "They taught me to always be myself, which has been my guiding principle throughout my career."

Lambert will play a pivotal role in the podcast as herself, alongside a star-studded cast that includes Dennis Quaid, Billy Bob Thornton, Bobby Bones, Lindsay Ell and Craig Robinson. The podcast will also feature original music from Lambert, Burke, Ell and Nicolle Galyon.

Last week, Lambert celebrated a major milestone when her single "Bluebird" went No. 1 on the Billboard charts, her first song to do so in eight years.

"This success definitely makes me hopeful for the future of country female singer/songwriters," she says. "I can attest to the amazing talent out there in the female country songwriter space because I toured with some of them last fall during my Roadside Bars and Pink Guitars Tour, which featured Maren Morris, Elle King, Tenille Townes, Ashley McBryde, and Caylee Hammack. The future is bright!"

Lambert says she was able to celebrate her success with "a very small gathering" at her manager's house with her "Bluebird" co-writers Natalie Hemby and Luke Dick.

"It was fun to celebrate with the fans and do a virtual toast with my Fan Club online as well," she adds. "The fan reactions have been nothing short of inspirational, and many have mentioned that they feel comfort from the hopeful message in the song."

Amid the coronavirus lockdown, Lambert says she's been taking a break from writing music and instead "spending a lot of time outside with my family and animals on the farm." She and her husband Brendan McLoughlin, whom she married in 2019, have also been spending time with a new member of their "family," an airstream they bought in May.

"[It] has become our home away from home," she says. "I’ve been touring for 18 years and have been all over, but have rarely spent real time in those places. So that is what we’ve been doing! One of my favorite parts of 'glamping' is cooking with Brendan over a campfire with our cast iron pans. It is delicious!"

Another recent addition to their family is Tequila (the kitten!), whom Lambert and McLoughlin, 28, rescued in June after spotting him on the side of the road.

"Tequila is adjusting perfectly to farm life and loves hanging out with my dogs," Lambert says. "My husband found him at the perfect time. My foundation, MuttNation, just launched a pet food line called 'On the Farm' distributed at Tractor Supply Company that includes cat food. Needless to say, he has been eating well!"

Audio Up's Make It Up as We Go will be released through iHeartPodcast Network on Oct. 1.

gocountrymusic

I love that Settling Down was chosen as the follow-up, honestly one of my favorites. I don't think I actually discussed this album since its release. Despite my hesitance from the promoted tracks prior to the release, I am really loving this album. Bluebird really has grown on me, I think because of the circumstances of the past months. As I said Settling Down is one of my absolute favorites. I think Track Record is another favorite and if given the chance would do well on radio.
Also really love and enjoy Holy Water, Pretty B, Fire Escape and Dark Bars...so it really was only the promoting tracks I wasn't as big a fan of so I am glad I gave the album a chance.