Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miranda Lambert - Wildcard Era

lizcarlo

Love her as an artist. In my opinion Miranda is one of the most talented writers in music. She writes such relatable music that is so well written. I like that she uses her emotions and vulnerability. That's one of the things I love about her as an artists. It is part of what keeps her music amazing. That is one of the reasons I have been fan since Kerosene. She delivers the goods with her talent.

Momin

This is probably the most natural look Miranda has had in a music video. She looks very much at ease. And the fact that she's being openly affectionate with her husband is something we've never seen from her before. She feels genuinely happy and content, and also comfortable in her skin to express herself the way she wants. To put her love on display in this manner is a first. Really loved the video!

lizcarlo

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHQnF5YB5Dp/

Miranda is set to feature on Track 7 of Barry Gibb’s new Nashville Songbook, Greenfields, which reimagines BeeGees’ classics. The album with Miranda’s rendition of #JiveTalkin is to be released on January 8 2021. #discofringequeen

“I tried to choose all the people that I admired the most: the greatest country artists I’ve ever known.” — BG

https://consequenceofsound.net/2020/11/barry-gibb-greenfields-country-new-album/

BY LAKE SCHATZON NOVEMBER 06, 2020, 9:20AM

Dolly Parton (photo by Ben Kaye), Barry Gibb (photo by Nathan Dainty), Jason Isbell (photo by Ben Kaye)
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT
Bee Gees co-founder Barry Gibb has announced a star-studded new album called Greenfields: The Gibb Brothers Songbook, Vol. 1. The effort features classic songs from the Gibb brothers reimagined with assistance from a wide range of country and Americana stars.

GREENFIELDS boasts contributions from Dolly Parton, Keith Urban, Sheryl Crow, Jason Isbell, Miranda Lambert, and Gillian Welch. Alison Krauss, Brandi Carlile, Olivia Newton-John, and Little Big Town also appear on the LP. The entire project was produced by Grammy-winning Nashville native Dave Cobb, known for his work with John Prine and The Highwomen.

Dolly Parton (photo by Ben Kaye), Barry Gibb (photo by Nathan Dainty), Jason Isbell (photo by Ben Kaye)
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT
Bee Gees co-founder Barry Gibb has announced a star-studded new album called Greenfields: The Gibb Brothers Songbook, Vol. 1. The effort features classic songs from the Gibb brothers reimagined with assistance from a wide range of country and Americana stars.

GREENFIELDS boasts contributions from Dolly Parton, Keith Urban, Sheryl Crow, Jason Isbell, Miranda Lambert, and Gillian Welch. Alison Krauss, Brandi Carlile, Olivia Newton-John, and Little Big Town also appear on the LP. The entire project was produced by Grammy-winning Nashville native Dave Cobb, known for his work with John Prine and The Highwomen.
In a statement about the recording process, Gibb said, “From the first day we stepped into RCA Studios in Nashville (the very place where Elvis, Willie, Waylon, Roy, the Everly Brothers and so many other legends made their magic) the album took on a life of its own.” The ’70s icon added,

“I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity to work with Dave and all the artists who stopped by. They were all incredibly generous with their time and talent. They inspired me more than words can express. I feel deep down that Maurice [Gibb] and Robin [Gibb] would have loved this album for different reasons. I wish we could have all been together to do it… but I think we were.”

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

In a statement about the recording process, Gibb said, “From the first day we stepped into RCA Studios in Nashville (the very place where Elvis, Willie, Waylon, Roy, the Everly Brothers and so many other legends made their magic) the album took on a life of its own.” The ’70s icon added,

“I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity to work with Dave and all the artists who stopped by. They were all incredibly generous with their time and talent. They inspired me more than words can express. I feel deep down that Maurice [Gibb] and Robin [Gibb] would have loved this album for different reasons. I wish we could have all been together to do it… but I think we were.”

Editors' Picks
Bee Gees' Barry Gibb knighted
Bee Gees’ Barry Gibb officially knighted by Prince Charles
The Highwomen, photo by Alysse-Gafkjen
10 Country Albums Every Music Fan Should Own

In addition to new takes on Bee Gees favorites like “Jive Talkin'” and “How Deep is Your Love”, the new full-length includes “Words of a Fool”, a collaboration with Isbell. According to Variety, the track was originally written decades ago by Gibb, but is only finally seeing release today.

“Barry Gibb is one of the greatest songwriters and singers in popular music history, and I’m happy to say he still has that beautiful voice and that magical sense of melody,” Isbell remarked. “Working with him on this project has been one of the great honors of my career. He’s a prince.”

Check out the duet below, followed by a GREENFIELDS trailer that teases even more new music. The new album is officially out January 8th via Capitol.

GREENFIELDS: The Gibb Brothers Songbook, Vol. 1 Tracklist:
01. “I’ve Gotta Get a Message to You” (feat. Keith Urban)
02. “Words of a Fool” (feat. Jason Isbell)
03. “Run to Me” (feat. Brandi Carlile)
04. “Too Much Heaven” (feat. Alison Krauss)
05. “Lonely Days” (feat. Little Big Town)
06. “Words” (feat. Dolly Parton)
07. “Jive Talkin’” (feat. Miranda Lambert, Jay Buchanan)
08. “How Deep Is Your Love” (feat. Tommy Emanuel, Little Big Town)
09. “How Can You Mend a Broken Heart” (feat. Sheryl Crow)
10. “To Love Somebody” (feat. Jay Buchanan)
11. “Rest Your Love on Me” (feat. Olivia Newton-John)
12. “Butterfly” (feat. Gillian Welch, David Rawlings)

lizcarlo

Collin Raye Shows His "Scars," With Miranda Lambert on Harmony | CMT

After nearly three decades in country music, Collin Raye is ready for you to see his “Scars.” He’s just unveiled a lyric video for the emotional new song, written by his brother Scotty Wray. Miranda Lambert guests on harmony.

The poignant single is also the lead track on Raye’s first new album of new material in over a decade, also titled SCARS. He’ll release it on November 20 via BFD/Audium Nashville. “SCARS is the album I’ve dreamed of making my entire recording career,” he says.

Raye recorded the 14-song album in Nashville with producer David Ferguson. Vince Gill sings harmony on “Rodeo Girl” and the Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach plays electric guitar throughout the project.
“I sincerely hope that the people who have embraced my music the last 29 years will embrace SCARS and find enjoyment and emotional inspiration from this album,” he adds. “Having Miranda and Vince sing with me on this record gives it an extra special element of ‘coolness.’ I’m excited for the release!”

One of the most consistent stars of the ’90s, Raye notched 21 Top 10 Billboard country hits and has continued touring and recording special projects over the last two decades. Although he hasn’t been known as a songwriter, SCARS may change that.

“I wrote or co-wrote every song on the record, except for songs written or co-written by my brother Scotty, including a couple we wrote together,” he says. “Being that we started our musical journey together as teenagers, then in our 20s we began to go separate paths, this album is truly a ‘full circle’ moment in my life. The timing for this is just right.”

lizcarlo

Congrats to Miranda.

Miranda Lambert to be inducted into the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame - Music News - ABC News Radio

Miranda Lambert to be inducted into the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame

Miranda Lambert will soon officially be a cowgirl.

The country superstar will be inducted into the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame in her home state of Texas in 2021.

Miranda is in the company of four other nominees including painter Pop Chalee, eight-time Women’s Professional Rodeo Association roping champ Lari Dee Guy, show jumping Olympic medalist and first licensed female jockey in the U.S. Kathryn Kusner, and cowboy hat designer Lavonna Koger.

The National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame is described in its mission statement as a place that "honors and celebrates women, past and present, whose lives exemplify the courage, resilience and independence that helped shape the West, and fosters an appreciation of the ideals and spirit of self-reliance they inspire."

The induction luncheon is set to take place on April 27 at the Dickies Arena in Fort Worth.

lizcarlo

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/mirandalambert/status/1364260355208282115

Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLpHQWRH3hI/

https://popculture.com/country-music/news/miranda-lambert-teases-new-song-elle-king-drunk/

Miranda Lambert and Elle King are cooking up some new music together, revealing an upcoming collaboration called "Drunk (And I Don't Wanna Go Home)" on social media this week. After teasing the project on Monday, the two artists officially confirmed the song on Tuesday, sharing the cover art for the upcoming track, which will be released on Friday, Feb. 26.

"There’s always time for jumpin’ off the deep end," King captioned the image, while she and Lambert both encouraged fans to pre-save and pre-add the song on their streaming service of choice, which can be done here. On Monday, King posted a photo of the two from what could be the song's music video, sharing a shot of herself with light pink hair and wearing a powder blue jacket leaning against Lambert, whose blonde hair was curled atop a pale green jacket. "The whiskey goes down better when they don’t know who you are...," her caption read.

Another photo, which was shared on Lambert's Twitter page, continues the '80s theme with King in a puffy-sleeved wedding dress and holding a cigarette and a beer can, leaning against a car with balloons tied to it next to Lambert, who seemed to be her bridesmaid and was wearing a shiny pink lamé gown and rhinestone earrings with her hair teased. Lambert captioned the post simply with the eyes emoji and the hashtag #DRUNK.

King previously opened for Lambert on the Texan's Roadside Bars and Pink Guitars Tour in late 2019, and the two won the 2020 ACM Award for Music Event of the Year along with tourmates Maren Morris, Ashley McBryde, Caylee Hammack and Tenille Townes for their cover of Elvin Bishop's "Fooled Around and Fell in Love."

Lambert's last solo release was her 2019 album Wildcard, and she recently joined her good friend Luke Dick on "Polyester," which was released in December. King released her debut album, Love Stuff, in 2015, and her second, Shake the Spirit, in 2018. In July 2020, she released an EP titled In Isolation. King also previously collaborated with Dierks Bentley on Bentley's "Different for Girls."

Eu7Tj7XWYAArhSB

lizcarlo

http://www.cmt.com/news/1830979/what-is-miranda-lambert-working-on-with-jon-randall-and-jack-ingram/

What is Miranda Lambert Working On With Jon Randall and Jack Ingram?

Lambert hints the three Texas natives could be concocting some new music
by jessica nicholson 4h ago

Miranda Lambert recently teamed up with Elle King for the deliciously defiant new song “Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home)” (find out more about the hilarious video here), but it seems she’s got more musical arsenal at the ready.

Texas natives Lambert, Jon Randall and Jack Ingram have been a formidable trio in collaborating on some of Lambert’s sterling previous works, including “Tequila Does” from Lambert’s recent album Wildcard, as well as “Tin Man,” which earned an ACM win for Song of the Year in 2018.

On Monday (March 1), Lambert shared both of those songs on her Instagram. When fans began to question if this meant new music was on the way, Lambert shared screenshots of fans’ enthusiastic tweets via a TikTok video, and accompanied the post with hashtags for Ingram and Randall. A brief acoustic guitar line accompanies the clip.

n March 2, both Lambert and Randall shared photos of the trio in an outdoor grassy space with blankets, chairs and guitars. Each artist added identical captions, saying, “What are we doing? Nobody knows. But we know we are supposed to be doing it.” Ingram retweeted Lambert’s post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7PTDBngZM/ (here is the Instagram post)

Lambert is also set to return to her homestate to perform several shows at Texas honky tonk Billy Bob’s Texas, on April 22-24, and May 1-2.

lizcarlo

I hope this means were getting new music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL91d43HVzI/

Every time I need an escape, I go to Marfa, TX. Jack Ingram, and Jon Randall come. We recharge. We get inspired by its beauty. We write songs. Tin Man was the 1st one we shared with you. Tequila Does was the 2nd. In between, we’ve written 13 more. And it’s about time to start sharing them with y’all...

156976865_270727341085057_1311194348224328424_o.jpg

155448114_270727314418393_3794442731823529757_o.jpg

Momin

I'm not quite sure what prompted Miranda to release a remix for this song. Perhaps because the song itself might not work on country radio so she may have opted for a crossover appeal to bring people to it. She has recorded a new vocal for this remix as it's significantly different from the original on the album. I enjoyed this, I think her voice suits the production which is not very overpowering or loud. I think she has retained a lot of her vocal techniques and tones even in this remix which I like. I do believe this might be targeting gay audiences a bit too with so many rainbow themes things.