Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MLB Thread

thaifood

So now the Yankees can lay claim to 3 closers. Look for them to trade at least one. How about Betanses to the Dodgers for Yasiel Puig?

JB172

Yeah...everyone in the media is talking about how deadly the Yankees' bullpen is going to be as a result of this trade, but it is important to remember that it is contingent based on if (and if so, how long) Chapman gets suspended.

Still a good back end of the bullpen without him, though.

If the suspension is as lengthy as some of the insiders are thinking it's going to be they might end up keeping the other two.

thaifood

Dexter Fowler dumped the O's.

This is just a bizarre thing. He got 1 year $13 million with the Cubs, leaving $20 million on the table with the O's. But the really strange this is, he left $2.8 million on the table by not taking the original offer from the Cubs. The same offer that Matt Weiters took from the O's & Colby Rasmus took from the Astros. This is just very weird, someone need to think about firing an agent or whoever was advising this guy.

Cubs; We are offering you $15.8 million this year.
Fowler: No thanks, I'll just take $13 million.
Cubs: OK, can you do our laundry as well.
Fowler: Sure, but only if you let me mop the floors too.

JB172

This is just a bizarre thing. He got 1 year $13 million with the Cubs, leaving $20 million on the table with the O's. But the really strange this is, he left $2.8 million on the table by not taking the original offer from the Cubs. The same offer that Matt Weiters took from the O's & Colby Rasmus took from the Astros. This is just very weird, someone need to think about firing an agent or whoever was advising this guy. Cubs; We are offering you $15.8 million this year. Fowler: No thanks, I'll just take $13 million. Cubs: OK, can you do our laundry as well. Fowler: Sure, but only if you let me mop the floors too.
It is bizarre

JB172

The rant that Goose Gosage went on is all timer, some of the stuff I agree with him on and some of the stuff he said made me roll my eyes but the whole thing together was pure gold.

buckeyecarriefan

Tired of guys like Gossage and Jack Morris and their "nerds are ruining the game" crap. Just because you're old, out of touch, jealous you can't play anymore, and don't understand new stats doesn't mean they aren't valid. The day we can COMPLETELY move past the days of batting average, W/L record, and stats like that as benchmarks of what makes a player good and actually start analyzing what they're doing, the better off the game will be.

Who cares if you can hit .300 if your plate discipline sucks so bad you STILL only have a .320 OBP. Who cares if you win 15 games because you play for the Yankees and they score 6 runs a night for you. Those prove NOTHING.

imacubsfan

Draft Day!

The league I play in allows 8 starts/week for pitchers.

SP: Fiers, Arrieta*, Tanaka, Lester, Cole*, Zimmerman
RP: Davis, Ziegler, Perkins
C: Wieters, Schwarber*
1B: Santana, Forsythe
2B: Zobrist*
3B: Arenado*
SS: Russell*, Miller (TB)
OF: Choo, Polanco, Gordon, Fowler

* Keeper

buckeyecarriefan

Forgot to post my fantasy draft results from my draft last week. It's a single player keeper league that I've made the playoffs in all 3 seasons we've ran it, one year losing the championship by just 2 points. Last year I lost in the semifinals, so this year I was drafting 6th. We start a C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 5 OF, UTIL, and 9 P of any type with a 12 start per week limit.

I present to you, team Bryce Bryce Baby (easy to tell who my keeper was lol).

C Lucroy, Vogt
1B Votto, Duda
2B Kinsler, Walker
3B Arenado, Rendon, Castellanos
SS Seager, Brad Miller
OF Harper (keeper), J.D. Martinez, Adam Jones, Gregory Polanco, Jay Bruce
SP Kluber, Carrasco, Cueto, Verlander, Shelby Miller, Anibal Sanchez
RP Giles, Robertson, Betances

I probably overvalue positional flexibility to the point of taking chances on lesser players over better, single position players, but I love having guys that can fill in at multiple positions. Never know when that extra point or 2 on a Monday when only 6 teams are playing could come in handy. With Rendon being able to play 2B and 3B, Vogt eligible at C and 1B, and Miller there for SS and OF I have multiple guys at every position now.

I overlooked pitching early but it's alright because I tend to do a lot of streaming through the season. I took a chance that Anibal will bounce back and that JV will be the guy we saw in the 2nd half last year...if not oh well. Guys like Miller and Sanchez honestly probably won't be around long anyway. I try to get as close to my 12 starts a week as I can and they'd be the first 2 I'd drop to load up at the end of the week.

Overall I'm not as confident with this group as I've been the last 3 years but I'm willing to do quick overhauls and this is going to be the year I finally bust through and win the championship.

imacubsfan

American League

East

1. Yankees
2. Blue Jays
3. Rays
4. Red Sox
5. Orioles

Central

1. Indians
2. Royals*
3. Twins
4. White Sox
5. Tigers

West

1. Astros
2. Angels*
3. Rangers
4. Mariners
5. Athletics

* Wild Card

ALWC:

Angels over Royals

ALDS:

Astros over Angels (five games)
Indians over Yankees (four games)

ALCS:

Indians over Astros (five games)

National League

East

1. Mets
2. Nationals*
3. Marlins
4. Phillies
5. Braves

Central

1. Cubs
2. Cardinals*
3. Pirates
4. Brewers
5. Reds

West

1. Giants
2. Dodgers
3. D-Backs
4. Padres
5. Rockies

*Wild Card

NLWC:

Cardinals over Nationals

NLDS:

Cubs over Cardinals (four games)
Mets over Giants (four games)

NLCS:

Cubs over Mets (seven games)

World Series:

Cubs over Indians (six games)

buckeyecarriefan

AL

East
1 Blue Jays
2 Yankees
3 Red Sox
4 Rays
5 Orioles

Central
1 Tigers
2 Royals*
3 Indians
4 Twins
5 White Sox

West
1 Angels
2 Astros*
3 Rangers
4 Mariners
5 A's

Wild Card: Astros over Royals

ALDS: Blue Jays over Astros in 4, Tigers over Angels in 5
ALCS: Blue Jays over Tigers in 6

NL
East
1 Nationals
2 Mets
3 Marlins
4 Braves
5 Phillies

Central
1 Cardinals
2 Cubs*
3 Pirates
4 Brewers
5 Reds

West
1 Dodgers
2 Giants*
3 Dbacks
4 Padres
5 Rockies

Wild Card: Giants over Cubs
NLDS: Giants over Cardinals in 5, Dodgers over Nationals in 4
NLCS: Giants over Dodgers in 6

World Series: Giants over Blue Jays in 6

It's an even year, we all know what that means.

I also put very little thought into these, because honestly given my history at this stuff, why should I? I could throw darts at a wall and be right more often than I would using my brain lol.