Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Famous Song from CR?

jaylee50

I enjoyed reading so many of your greatly thought out posts. Mine will be brief. I don't think JAD will ever be the most famous song on CR, but it is the song I like bc it seems to be the one that has the most emotional pull for me. IKYW and ITYS are also great examples of Carrie's ability to elicit the emotions of longing and feeling loss bc of her incredible vocals. I so badly wanted GOOTT to be released, as I think of it as a fun song...one so many young people could relate to as they struggle for freedom to be themselves. I also loved it upbeat , fun style. My least favorite song on CR is TMBIM. In fact, it is my least favorite song an all three albums.

AnthonyLovesCarrie

I would say All-American Girl is the "most famous" song from the era, since it seems to be one of those songs you hear mentioned along with Carrie's name all the time, aside from the obvious ones like BHC and JTTW.

In my opinion, Carrie's signature songs are BHC and JTTW (tied for first place), and then AAG and "Undo It" would be 3rd and 4th.

quincyeyes

I would say All-American Girl is the "most famous" song from the era, since it seems to be one of those songs you hear mentioned along with Carrie's name all the time, aside from the obvious ones like BHC and JTTW.

In my opinion, Carrie's signature songs are BHC and JTTW (tied for first place), and then AAG and "Undo It" would be 3rd and 4th.

I think you are correct about AAG being the "MOST famous" song from CR. I am interested in what you think are Carrie's signature songs. I completely agree with BHC and JTTW and I really think agreement on those two songs should be universal but then for me it turns into different perceptions or perspectives and that is VERY interesting. I feel like I live in the micro-world of Carrie sometimes so I don't know what someone would say who isn't a "super-fan".

I think if one expands out from BHC and JTTW, what songs are really Carrie signature songs or are there any?

I would say recently b/c of Carrie's EXTRAORDINARY GNO performance of HGTA she has temporarily co-opted that song (Along with her singing it in concert "in concert" with JTTW). Obviously it has been sung by many people over many years. I know Elvis used to perform it at his concerts. I just think that right now, if I were another singer I wouldn't choose to sing it b/c Carrie is currently linked with the song in such a positive way. I feel like I am not expressing this well and again I may be clouded by my great exposure to Carrie and lesser exposure to other artists.

I think AAG probably is the most signature song from CR. I was surprised to see you mention Undo It. I don't know if anything from Play On reached the level of signature song.

Anyway, thank you for your comments. They made me think and I enjoy reading others' opinions and views.

countrymusicfan15

I would say JAD is one of Carrie's signature songs. I cannot imagine anyone else ever singing it. I just wish it would have received a little bit more attention though.

judes

I think Just a Dream is the most memorable but All American Girl is the most famous . Last Name, I Told You So, So Small, and I Know You Won't are popular - one of my favs is Crazy Dreams

Claire2004

I still don't understand why JAD became underrated - beautiful sad song plus powerful vocals? I was frustrated by that. How did that happen?

Amber Ashes

This is tough but the song that reminds the most of CR is AAG. I loved all the singles from this album. They each had their own tone and theme. So Small was profound. All American Girl was sweet. Just A Dream was heartbreaking. Last Name was sexy and fun.

rebeccabailey14

I kinda agree with OP about American Girl. its still a freakin great song. I put on Ginnette Ward (great country singer) and hit the aweomse GENIUS button in iTunes and that song came on the other day GOT DAMN its so good.

fearless kiki

I would say Last Name or I Told You So is the song of CR. But my personal favourite is Just a Dream, i find the song underrated too! Such a beautiful and haunting song.

Dreamerz87

People who are not actually a country music fan usually loves Just a dream just like people who listen to different genres loves Good in Goodbye from Play on... Im surprise myself too !!!!

Jodelle

I would say Last Name or All-American Girl. Personally I prefer AAG. What a lovely happy song! But I was really moved by So Small and Just A Dream.

maddkat

Staff member
I agree with those saying AAG is the most famous, it's one of her signature songs, with LN close behind.

judes

My radio station plays Last Name all the time - Just a Dream video has over 31 million views and All American Girl seems to be a lasting tune that many can relate too - one of those three I would say - for me they are about equal, I really can't choose one

BlownAway2012

I have actually wondered this question myself for years.

To me, "Last Name" or "All-American Girl". I don't really care for either of those songs, but the majority did. "I Told You So" is another one that could possibly be the most memorable.

NC State Carrie Fan

They are all very close in this era but it would have to be All-American Girl for me with Last Name close behind....also we need to do one of those ranking lists again, we havent done one since Blown Away was released!