Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-quote button

supercarriefan

Is anyone else having trouble with the multi-quote button in the lower right corner of posts? It hasn't been working for me for a few days now.

DaisyTweets

Is anyone else having trouble with the multi-quote button in the lower right corner of posts? It hasn't been working for me for a few days now.
Me, raising my hand!!!! I thought it must be something wrong with my computer, so I thought it was just me. Glad I'm not the only one then!!!!!!

supercarriefan

Me, raising my hand!!!! I thought it must be something wrong with my computer, so I thought it was just me. Glad I'm not the only one then!!!!!!

I originally thought it was just my computer, too, until I tried it on another computer.
At least two of us are in the same predicament.

Carrieflattsfan

Is it possible that we can't quote multiple posts anymore? I noticed we can't use more than one video URL in a post like we used to be able to.

DaisyTweets

Is it possible that we can't quote multiple posts anymore? I noticed we can't use more than one video URL in a post like we used to be able to.

The button is still in the lower right hard corner so it appears that the option is still available. I'm guessing that maybe something just didn't turned on after the layout switchover.

DaisyTweets

Does anyone have any update on this? I still can't do it but I noticed in the Mike Fisher thread that it appears Jeff can do it. I've tried a couple of times since I noticed his post but still can't do it. Maybe since he's a mod he has a magic button or something????:D

allamericangirl8

Really? I thought I was able to use multiple videos. I can't remember if it was before or after this board was changed to this format, but it was recently. I put Goodbye Earl and Used to Love Her in the same post.

Let me try.

Porcupine Tree - Trains - YouTube
Rush: Red Sector A - YouTube

Works fine from my end. Multi-quote doesn't, though. And editing takes forever.

maddkat

Staff member
Donna, do you mind if I ask you which browser you're using? I'm using Firefox but I'm wondering if there's something with the browser??

I'm using firefox too.
I just click on the "s of the first til the check mark shows then on the next one click on reply with quote.

Oh update - just playing and it seems I can only multiquote if the first posts is one. Odd

DaisyTweets

Has anyone solved the problem of us not being able to use the mulit-quote option? I still can't do it so I thought since its been a week I'd see if any has been able to do it.

Audra

Has anyone solved the problem of us not being able to use the mulit-quote option? I still can't do it so I thought since its been a week I'd see if any has been able to do it.

it's not working for me, the only one that it works for is if you click it on the first post of the thread but other than that, that's it.

DaisyTweets

Just my weekly check to see if this is working for anyone yet? I thought it was working for me but alas I tried to do it yesterday and it didn't work. I'm just checking because I want to make sure that its not my computer acting up!!!

Pi314CA

Here is the old fashion way of doing multi-quotes. I say old fashion because this was what I was doing before I found the multi-quote button. :p

1. Go to the post that you want to quote, and click "Reply With Quote".
2. The dialog box opens up with the quoted post where you can enter your post. Here, copy the quoted post (CTRL-C).
3. Get out of this mode and go to the page that contains the second post that you want to quote.
4. Click "Reply With Quote" to open up the corresponding dialog box.
5. Paste the quoted post using CTRL-V.
6. Type away... maneuver the quoted posts... etc.

You can use this technique for many quotes by copy-and-paste quotes into a Word document first. HTH.