Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My “My Gift” review (may contain light spoilers)

Josh

So, I'm patiently waiting for this album and I love everyone's reviews. I'll buy mine at the store directly. I can't wait to hear the originals and O Holy Night.

I really did not care for Let There Be Peace. It sounded way too generic and like it was purposefully made for ccm, which I'm guessing that's where that song might be released. I wish the album cover and font looked better as well, but I can't really expect much from Carrie's little team there after last era. I was thinking they were going the cheap route and weren't going to really promote it, but now there's a Christmas special!

Anyway, last complaint. It's only 11 songs? Maybe you guys have discussed this already, but I find it very disappointing.

I REALLY hope this album, they'll release a deluxe edition in late October with an ACTUAL lead single. Maybe a music video. Hopefully, that can help the album hit gold by the end of the year, because if anything was based off LTBP, it wasn't going to go well.

But, you guys say it's good, so will trust you without raising my hopes too high.

montdu39

For those who have listened: Is "Hallelujah" with John Legend specifically Christmas-related or could it be played at other times of the year? I'm wondering what the potential is for it to be released as a crossover single...

Yes, it is definitely Christmas related. Some lyrics include stuff like “winter chill” and the overall feel of it feels very Christmas to me.

montdu39

I still haven't heard ANYTHING yet but reading these is getting me really excited! I'm intrigued at the Beyonce comparisons and can't wait to hear it. Funny Carrie is often called the "Beyonce of country music"

I think the Beyoncé comparison is strictly because Carrie hits these super low notes in this song, like Beyoncé often does. That is the only comparison I can see...

Josh

And, maybe this Christmas special will help promote the album enough. I can't figure what they have planned. But, appearances on The Voice, CMA Country Christmas, and Rockefeller Center, and maybe GMA and a late night show.

Josh

It would be miraculous if she could sing with vocals like Beyonce does in "Ave Maria". I always wanted Carrie to cover her version of that song. I haven't heard anything yet, but are her vocals anything like that?

holding0n2jesus

So, I'm patiently waiting for this album and I love everyone's reviews. I'll buy mine at the store directly. I can't wait to hear the originals and O Holy Night.

I really did not care for Let There Be Peace. It sounded way too generic and like it was purposefully made for ccm, which I'm guessing that's where that song might be released. I wish the album cover and font looked better as well, but I can't really expect much from Carrie's little team there after last era. I was thinking they were going the cheap route and weren't going to really promote it, but now there's a Christmas special!

Anyway, last complaint. It's only 11 songs? Maybe you guys have discussed this already, but I find it very disappointing.

I REALLY hope this album, they'll release a deluxe edition in late October with an ACTUAL lead single. Maybe a music video. Hopefully, that can help the album hit gold by the end of the year, because if anything was based off LTBP, it wasn't going to go well.

But, you guys say it's good, so will trust you without raising my hopes too high.

If it makes you feel better, I was nervous after hearing LTBP because I am also not too fond of the song... but the other ten songs on the album are already on repeat for me. It’s soooo good!

cmuf2011

Sort of listen to the album, I listen to it while getting ready for work ready for midnight so I can listen and actually pay attention to it