Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My “My Gift” review (may contain light spoilers)

MelissaD

Stop supporting album leaks. This thread should be close down!

tenor.gif

teesharky

I decided to wait till Friday and not chest this time. But I am
so happy to hear that you guys love the John Legend duet! That’s the song I am
most excited to hear!

carrieidol1

Anyone wanna help a long time fan out?

I have the album preordered and plan to obviously stream it, but I’m dying to get in on the action!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carrieidol1

Please someone send me a link! I promise to keep it private. I’m dying here! Lol

NC State Carrie Fan

Anyone who takes the time to make comments on these forums are massive Carrie fans that will support her by streaming and buying copies. Don’t worry!
THIS. Already had my copy preordered on day 1 and Carrie has been my top artist on Spotify pretty much since I started using it. She has 35 of my top 50 streamed songs lol

PRGuy79

I plan to wait until the album is officially released.

I am intrigued by the original post describing the album as "acoustic" in nature, as much of the label's promotion thus far has emphasized the prominence of a full orchestra conducted by David Campbell and the production/arrangement of Greg Wells. I will be happy no matter what, but the description in the original post seems to run counter to the label's promotion of the orchestra and mixing by Serban Ghenea, which implies a full pop-leaning sound. For others who have heard, are you able to clarify?

carrieidol1

I plan to wait until the album is officially released.

I am intrigued by the original post describing the album as "acoustic" in nature, as much of the label's promotion thus far has emphasized the prominence of a full orchestra conducted by David Campbell and the production/arrangement of Greg Wells. I will be happy no matter what, but the description in the original post seems to run counter to the label's promotion of the orchestra and mixing by Serban Ghenea, which implies a full pop-leaning sound. For others who have heard, are you able to clarify?

Acoustic more so that you can kinda tell it was recorded in a laid back setting... and it’s not over-produced at all, in fact there is literally no distortion or effects added to her voice at all. It’s like listening to a live concert. Expect to hear the Carrie you heard last week at the ACMs, how she sounded there in terms of straightforward vocals is how she sounds on this album.

The music is beautiful, too, it sounds like this was recorded with a full orchestra at the Opry... I guess that’s how I’d describe it.

Hope that helps!

Curr

This album is just stellar.

I hear the comparison to Beyoncé on “Hallelujah” and I hope this song is released!

Really happy with how this has turned out. It’s a vocalist’s album for sure!

oldyfan

Just listened at the fan club. Amazing, something we have been asking for since the beginning. Christmas came early, and the album will get played throughout this holiday season, and for generations. My favorite was the duet with Isaiah. It was pretty apparent he loves singing with his Mama, and together their voices were golden for the song.

There is not a song I would skip. Thank you Carrie!

jimshoe

So fun to listen to the album through the fanclub..

My first take this might be the slowest version of JJWAT I've ever heard..not a bad thing at all just unexpected.
Isaiah is really good on his part
Her emotion on MDYK is incredible.
Vocals on OCAYF and OHN are insane...

Off to listen to it again,work can wait!-)

PRGuy79

For those who have listened: Is "Hallelujah" with John Legend specifically Christmas-related or could it be played at other times of the year? I'm wondering what the potential is for it to be released as a crossover single...

jaymiee

I still haven't heard ANYTHING yet but reading these is getting me really excited! I'm intrigued at the Beyonce comparisons and can't wait to hear it. Funny Carrie is often called the "Beyonce of country music"