Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 20 yr old kitty, Tiger, is very ill - PLEASE PRAY FOR HER

Ann055

I don't feel good that doesn't matter.

My 20 year old kitty, Tiger, is very very ill. She has kidney problems and for 2 years, her prescription food worked just fine! Not anymore!

I just can't drive to my Vet, so I called -- and of all things, my phone isn't ringing. I received a voicemail from the Vet, and she said she would make a house call. Only she neglected to give me a phone number. I called my Vet's office here where I live -- recording, closed - I called the numbers for emergency multiple times and they were no help -- they wanted me to drive to Tulsa (if I couldn't drive 2 miles, I certainly couldn't drive 40 miles round trip. I told them the name of the Dr. and they told me they thought she worked at another place where I live. So, I called - recording - closed - left message but who knows if she is Vet there. Haven't heard anything back and don't suppose I will.

At least I know my sweet Tiger is alive because she came out from under the bed and laid by me. However, she just left my bed -- to drink water probably - she can't get enough water. She is in pain as she is screaming = how a cat screams.

Anyway, I'm trying to be strong -- we've had her since she was 2 - my youngest son just can't bear to come over or see her -- he was 4 when we got her -- so it's just Tiger and me -- and I can't get her any help.

Well, she's back up laying right beside me -- my sweet, sweet girl!

If any of you can pray for Tiger and pray to give me strength, I would be ever thankful!

Gotta get off here and love on my baby girl!

liz278

I'm so sorry Ann, to see our animals in pain and there's nothing we can do, is horrible. I pray that you will be strong for Tiger and that you will be able to get the help she needs.

Carrieflattsfan

I'm so sorry Ann. It's absolutely awful to lose a pet, and it is even worse to see them suffer. We made the choice to put our lab down when he started having trouble walking and breathing; as tough as it was, none of us wanted him to suffer anymore. I hope you can find a solution soon for yourself and your poor kitty. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

Schrodinger

So sorry to here about Tiger. I lost Pascal at 18 to kidney failure and I had since he was a kitten. He was in pain and could hardly move so we had to make the so very hard decision to put him to sleep. I will be praying for you and Tiger. I am not sure if you have very read this poem but it has always been a comfort to me when I have had to say good bye to a best friend.

Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again.
Those who were sick, hurt or in pain are made whole again.
There is only one thing missing,
they are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth.
So each day they run and play until the day comes
when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!
The nose twitches! The ears are up!
The eyes are staring and this one runs from the group!
You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet,
you take him in your arms and hug him.
He licks and kisses your face again and again -
and you look once more into the eyes of your best friend and trusting
pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be apart.

Ann055

So sorry to here about Tiger. I lost Pascal at 18 to kidney failure and I had since he was a kitten. He was in pain and could hardly move so we had to make the so very hard decision to put him to sleep. I will be praying for you and Tiger. I am not sure if you have very read this poem but it has always been a comfort to me when I have had to say good bye to a best friend.

Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth.
It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of all its beautiful colors.
Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows,
hills and valleys with lush green grass.
When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
There is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again.
Those who were sick, hurt or in pain are made whole again.
There is only one thing missing,
they are not with their special person who loved them so much on earth.
So each day they run and play until the day comes
when one suddenly stops playing and looks up!
The nose twitches! The ears are up!
The eyes are staring and this one runs from the group!
You have been seen and when you and your special friend meet,
you take him in your arms and hug him.
He licks and kisses your face again and again -
and you look once more into the eyes of your best friend and trusting
pet.
Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together never again to be apart.

Thank you so much! Our Tiger has kidney problems (started 2 years ago) -- She hasn't been diagnosed with kidney failure, however talking to God and my gut...she is in kidney failure. She SCFEAMS and it is BRUTAL for me to hear. I brought our swet Tiger to Logan when he was 4 and he is how 22. He can't bare to come to my apartment...I am here alone with her. Logan and Tiger are best friends and he knew this day was coming. He's talked about having her cremated and making a special box for her so he can ALWAYS keep her and talk to her like he has since he was 4.

Dudley, thank you so much for the poem -- I will make a special frame for Logan and myself!!

I am so so so so sorry for your loss, but yout kitty will always be with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

epicamends

I'm so sorry, Ann! I know what it's like to have a pet for so long, and to have it be a part of your family. I used to have a cat that we'd had pretty much since I was born, so she was the same age as me, and she passed away when she was 17. It's never an easy thing to go through, especially having to watch them suffer. I hope you're able to get ahold of a vet asap. :(

I love that Rainbow Bridge poem, it's one of my favourites. Very comforting, in a bittersweet way.

bigbluegrl23

I'm so so sorry. Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with the pain of losing an animal yet. My dog is 15, I've had her since I was 6. Seeing her in pain would kill me. Thinking about you and Tiger. Hope he gets better!
Becca

pandy

We have 5 cats. We lost Boots about 4 years ago, two weeks before my mother died. That month was not a good month. Also, ten years ago we lost Pandy who my husband and I had for 22 years. We feel your pain.