Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Christmas Gift To Tee!

thaifood

Some of the rest of you may enjoy this as well, some of you however, may not.

Dearest Tee,

As this Holiday Season kicks in I feel badly about all the crap I have given you all year long so perhaps this will make up for it, at least a little bit.

I have a subscription to The Hollywood Reporter. It is a weekly magazine (and multiple special issues throughout the year) covering all aspect of Hollywood & the entertainment industry. They even told us that Carrie & Mike dined one evening at one of the sushi restaurants in LA while they were out there for the AMA’s, (because we all NEED to know that).

But the point of this missive begins here:

2 weeks ago I got an issue dedicated to the women of the entertainment industry, all the movers & shakers, & well, some that are perhaps a movers that need to be shaken! (Carrie was not mentioned in either category by the way). But Taylor Swift certainly was.

In an article entitled The Tragedy Of Today’s Female Entertainers, by a Feminist author named Camille Paglia, Katy Perry & Taylor Swift are put under a not so nice microscope. I’ll skip over Katy Perry & get right to the part about Ms. Swift. The author says:

“As if flashed forward by some terrifying time machine, there’s Taylor Swift, America’s latest sweetheart, beaming beatifically in all her winsome 1950’s glory from the cover of Parade magazine in the Thanksgiving weekend newspapers. In TV interviews, Ms. Swift affects a “golly gee whiz” persona of cultivated blandness & self-deprecation, which is completely at odds with her glam dress sense. Indeed, without her mannequin posturing at industry events, it’s doubtful that Swift could have attained her high profile”.

“Beyond that, Swift has a motonous vocal style, pitched in characterless keening soprano & tarted up snarky spin that is evidently taken for hip by vast multitudes of impressionable young women worldwide. Her themes are mainly complaints about boyfriends, faceless louts who blur in her mind as well as ours. Swift’s meandering, snippy songs make 16-year old Lesley Gore’s 1963 hit It’s My Party & I’ll Cry If I Want To seem like a towering masterpiece of social commentary, psychological drama & shapely concision”.

And there you go, yet another front heard from on the ever widening TS denigration tour.

Happy Holidays, Ron

Ann055

How wonderful of you, Ron! That just brought tears to my eyes! What a wonderful man you are to bring such holiday wishes to Tee! You are amazing! <3

liz278

You need to send her a PM and let her know its here. I haven't seen her on here much in the last day or two. Are you on twitter? You can tweet her and let her know she has a present :)

BTW - I love your present to Tee!!!!! It made my day!!!!

thaifood

You need to send her a PM and let her know its here. I haven't seen her on here much in the last day or two. Are you on twitter? You can tweet her and let her know she has a present :)

BTW - I love your present to Tee!!!!! It made my day!!!!

As you advised I sent her a pm with a link to this, but she has not responded to either the pm or this thread. I certainly hope i didn't piss her off or something. Did anyone think I was being nasty in some way? That certainly wasn't my intention!!!

teesharky

Thanx Ron!!!! That is so nice! What a nice thing to read after a full belly on Christmas day! ha ha Awesome! Merry Christmas to you too!

To a great 2013 in Carrie land! :) And may the world finally see the pitchiness and fakeness of SWSRN in 2013. lol

thaifood

Well now Christmas is complete. Tee got out from under the tree & put down the spiked egg nog long enough to find us.