Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'My Gift' - Christmas cd out Sept 25

MelissaD

Trust me I don’t start rumors nor do I spread them it’s legit happening. Carrie said so herself. If it was just talk this thread wouldn’t even exist.

Wow, I'm so excited!!!! I've been waiting for an official Christmas album from her for 15 years now, lol!

rcramer

Ok I just took a look at the pic of Carrie and David Bisbal and there are Christmas lights around them! "Tears of Gold" it's coming!

Just the title tells me it is going to be awesome..

Perfect time in her career to do a Christmas CD which everyone has been waiting for, for years..

I am sure she will do the CMA Country Christmas show this year! Imagine if she gets a Christmas special too this year like she did in the past, that would be great! Also, I think it would be cool to see her perform at the Rockefeller Tree Lighting ceremony.

monkeyboy16

The Gold dress in that picture doesn’t strike me as a holiday dress, neither does his suit. I feel like it’s for something else

MelissaD

I am sure she will do the CMA Country Christmas show this year! Imagine if she gets a Christmas special too this year like she did in the past, that would be great! Also, I think it would be cool to see her perform at the Rockefeller Tree Lighting ceremony.

Yassss, I want to see her everywhere promoting!! Would be great if she went on The Voice, too.

adam1995

We have to curb our expectations for promo already. We may still be in a place where all promo opportunities will be cancelled or over Zoom.

That is true about the promo. Hopefully it will get where they can do shows like SNL, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Ellen, etc without a studio audience or something. I believe SNL has a Christmas special every year, and I’m pretty sure Dolly was on it last year. It could be cool to see Carrie do something like that this year. This is a prime example of why waiting for a studio album is going to be smart.

pkc4rls

We have to curb our expectations for promo already. We may still be in a place where all promo opportunities will be cancelled or over Zoom.

I think that is why she is probably doing a Christmas album in that they kind of sell themselves since she may not be able to do a lot of in-person promotion. If no vaccine they fear there will be another surge in the fall so she may not be going anywhere. I am of the opinion that this is why she is even doing a Christmas album - because she won’t have a regular album for a while since she can’t promote it properly. And if she has been working on this, I doubt she has been working on a regular album yet anyway.

MSCarriefan

^I think she had already had the Christmas album planned before all of this happened. It was her plan after the CP era. But agree less promo will be needed

pkslongbeach

I am so excited for this!!! What great news!! Hoping she may be able to do a variety show for it as promo. It could be put together without an audience. Featured guests could do videos from home. YAY!! I am so excited!!!!

Hoping for: Hard Candy Christmas

Louisa

Very excited to finally get a full-length Christmas album from Carrie. I’m guessing she heard her fans begging for one. Ha! I hope she has some original material on it. She did a great job of the carols a few years ago. I love her version of HTHA. Hope she releases more details about the album soon. Fingers crossed she can promote it a bit too. I fully except her to appear on CMA Country Christmas this year. Can’t wait!

CU4ever

Hopefully she can still do some promo for the album! I know there’s a good chance that promo will look different, but hopefully by the time she would promote this around the holidays they have made some clever ways to do promo. I’d love her own Christmas special!

PRGuy79

Perhaps "Tears of Gold" is a potential single to promote album sales, yet not as a traditional Christmas song? It could still have a movie tie-in and be designed as a potential crossover? They might lead with a Christmas song and release that later?

pkc4rls

^I think she had already had the Christmas album planned before all of this happened. It was her plan after the CP era. But agree less promo will be needed

Ok. Either way I think someone here said she said she has been working on the Christmas album as of late or whatever words she used. I just figure she must have known she was going to work on this instead is I guess my thought now. And it works out since probably not as much promo needed and it “may” even get more limited in the fall. I guess though everyone has gotten good at doing things remotely. She can probably perform remotely and not be that big a deal. I loved her on the couch singing.